Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low latency EU VPS/Dedi to Africa
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low latency EU VPS/Dedi to Africa

Hello

Is there any well known EU VPS/Dedi providers having low latency to Kenya, Uganda?

Br

Comments

• Web4Africa is solid if you need VPS/Dedi based in Nigeria, Ghana or Kenya.

Thanked by 2niyyie tomzu
  • I'm thinking about hosting a router (for VPN) in Kenya and Nigeria. Then I would need to link those two further to some EU DC. Is there any known DC in EU with good latency to Web4Africa Kenya/Nigeria?

• zevuszevus Member
    edited February 2020

@tomzu said:
    I'm thinking about hosting a router (for VPN) in Kenya and Nigeria. Then I would need to link those two further to some EU DC. Is there any known DC in EU with good latency to Web4Africa Kenya/Nigeria?

Malta will be the EU country that has the best latency to Kenya. It will cost an arm and a leg to get a decent pipe there, though. I believe (all?) the business DCs are in Valetta.

Italy is the best bet for affordability. Plenty of DC's there, not hard to find. It'd probably only be some 5ms or so slower than Malta, provided you use a Sicily datacenter (palermo? I don't think it'd route through Rome if you're going to Africa, but may be wrong -- ed2: https://baxtel.com/data-center/sparkle-sicily-hub/files/sparkle_leaflet_sicilyhub ).

If EU isn't a necessity, Turkey would be lower latency (from correct DC). Would have to make sure you choose a decent provider, since they definitely aren't all created equal there. Antalya DC would be best (a couple of DC's there, I believe?), followed by Izmar (a handful or so). Istanbul or Ankara likely wouldn't be much of an improvement over Malta.

ed: I forgot about Cyprus. No clue about any datacenters there, never even considered it as a location, but it's not too far off that AAE-1 cable (& the routing should be proper, choosing between france (for most of mainland europe)/egypt for ME/asia/east africa). Greece may be OK, too.

Thanked by 1tomzu
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2020

That sounds absolutely legit, I recommend OVH for any grey area stuff like voodoo marketing and such.

Their SBG France Datacenter has great connectivity for africa and is usually lax with spam. They will only rip you a new one if they caught you dirtied an IP, so remember to delist it after usage.

/s