Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone have Leaseweb VPS Benchmark?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does anyone have Leaseweb VPS Benchmark?

I'm looking to get one from them since they are the only ones that offer 1gbps and high bandwidth on their VPS plans. Just want to know what kind of CPU they use on those VPS over in SG, because there is no spec sheet anywhere to be found, and the live chat people don't know anything as well. I don't want to be surprised to see they just used the oldest E3 available.

Thanks LET.

The Hostdoc fiasco has really did a number on us customers...

Comments

• AcacyAcacy Member
    edited February 2020

I bought Leaseweb VPS Singapore during the first launch on 2016

`

Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 2949
    Multi Core | 5356
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15199511
    `

• @Acacy Is that (supposed to be) SSD?

• @Acacy said:
    I bought Leasweb VPS Singapore during the first launch on 2016

(https://i.imgur.com/Rl8PyKo.png)

`

Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 2949
    Multi Core | 5356
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15199511
    `

Thanks a lot. Seems a good choice to replace may hd.

• 78 Mb/s lol..

• @pullangcubo said:
    @Acacy Is that (supposed to be) SSD?

before they advertise as SAN Storage
    not sure if we make an order on they current config right now with SSD

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited February 2020

The leaseweb SG kvm is quite solid.

I'm glad I held on to my (now $7) 4GB idler (vpn only)

I'd tested the cpu in November and it delivered excellent performance across all 4 cores (0 steal).
    I even considered giving it some heavy duty work worthy of those cores. (think single core passmark around 1800)

A CI/CD/build server wouldn't break this VPS's back.

Edit: sequential IO is throttled 80MB/s, but there's (tens of) thousands of Random IOPS available. So Your website/database won't be slowed down by that.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited February 2020

@vimalware said:

4GB for $7/m in Singapore is great given their reliability. Please think of me if you decide to transfer out in the future.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited February 2020

@FAT32 said:

@vimalware said:

4GB for $7/m in Singapore is great given their reliability. Please think of me if you decide to transfer out in the future.

Lol.. I will be willing to pay $7.01 :-) . Great bargain for the location btw.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @vimalware said:

I'd tested the cpu in November and it delivered excellent performance across all 4 cores (0 steal).
    I even considered giving it some heavy duty work worthy of those cores. (think single core passmark around 1800)

A CI/CD/build server wouldn't break this VPS's back.

Edit: sequential IO is throttled 80MB/s, but there's (tens of) thousands of Random IOPS available. So Your website/database won't be slowed down by that.

If ever you do plan to cancel it, Id be happy get it off your hands even for a bounty.

It's been really hard to get a replacement for my previous hostdoc. Thanks for letting me know they are pretty good and reliable.

• @kennsann said:
    I'm looking to get one from them since they are the only ones that offer 1gbps and high bandwidth on their VPS plans. Just want to know what kind of CPU they use on those VPS over in SG, because there is no spec sheet anywhere to be found, and the live chat people don't know anything as well. I don't want to be surprised to see they just used the oldest E3 available.

Thanks LET.

I strongly suggest you to check other good hosts at LET.

Reason : https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/159778/leaseweb-repeats-it-again-gt-demand-21750-for-50-vps

My Suggestion > HostUs , Cloudcone and NexusBytes. Quite decent and close to what hostdoc used to offer.

• kennsannkennsann Member
    edited February 2020

@Mridul said:

@kennsann said:

Thanks LET.

Reason : https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/159778/leaseweb-repeats-it-again-gt-demand-21750-for-50-vps

My Suggestion > HostUs , Cloudcone and NexusBytes. Quite decent and close to what hostdoc used to offer.

I pretty much need an SG so cloudcone and nexusbytes are out of the question.

HostUs is as expensive as LW, so rather get the latter.

Edit: I didnt read the link. Something to consider, I guess.

• @kennsann said:

@Mridul said:

@kennsann said:

Thanks LET.

I pretty much need an SG so cloudcone and nexusbytes are out of the question.

HostUs is as expensive as LW, so rather get the latter.

Edit: I didnt read the link. Something to consider, I guess.

Vultr has SG i guess ?

And OVH too : https://www.ovh.com/sg/vps/vps-ssd.xml

• I had the Vultr in SG and it was terribly slow. Doing some checking it was on an i5 processor. Network issues as well. This was just my experience.

• I have done production on Upcloud SG and the performance is great, but it is not a banging low end deal.

• @poisson said:
    I have done production on Upcloud SG and the performance is great, but it is not a banging low end deal.

I got a Digital Ocean for now. Since I found a $100 coupon.

Ill check out upcloud next. I guess there aren't any banging low end deal on SG servers sadly.

• @kennsann said:

@poisson said:
    I have done production on Upcloud SG and the performance is great, but it is not a banging low end deal.

Ill check out upcloud next. I guess there aren't any banging low end deal on SG servers sadly.

I have been looking like forever for one, but so far those that appear to be are mostly mirages. Seems like DO, Vultr and Upcloud pricing are the lowest you can get.

Thanked by 1kennsann
  • @poisson said:

@kennsann said:

@poisson said:

I have been looking like forever for one, but so far those that appear to be are mostly mirages. Seems like DO, Vultr and Upcloud pricing are the lowest you can get.

If I find one, or if you do, lets help each other out. I'll keep you in mind every time I research on SG servers.

Thanked by 2poisson vimalware
  • kennsann said: I got a Digital Ocean for now. Since I found a $100 coupon.

Does this $100 has time limit?

• @webdev said:

kennsann said: I got a Digital Ocean for now. Since I found a $100 coupon.

Yeah, 60 days.

• @kennsann said:

@webdev said:

kennsann said: I got a Digital Ocean for now. Since I found a $100 coupon.

Yeah, 60 days.

Enough for testing. I have Upcloud referral with gives $25 credit, but if you top up $10 within 2 or 3 days then the credit is permanent. Let me know if you want it and I will send it your way.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited February 2020

@fat32 @vyas11 @kennsann given my experiences with low-end-izing my SG vpn setup over the last 5 years(safehousecloud, hostdoc SG) ,
    I think i'll just hold on to this leaseweb.

It's the one vice vps I just can't bring myself to drop.

EDIT: From what research I'd conducted with performance and cpu flag heuristics, Leaseweb use like a 2.4Ghz E5v3 on my node. (The 2.4Ghz feels like it runs at 2.8Ghz though , because of the lack of performance bottlenecks)

Maybe OVH will go nuts again and offer a 2.5 Eur/m SG vps. 🤞

• Vice vps... I will use that when required:-)

@poisson would be interested in the Upcloud credit... Thanks

NOOOOOO

@LeaseWeb @Leaseweb2 we need some sweet SG deals :)

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • Based on my totally unscientific, uncorroborated, and probably biased experience, OVH's network in the APAC region is better than Leaseweb though (and keeps on improving).

Is it the same with you APAC-server consumers?

• @FAT32 said:
    @LeaseWeb @Leaseweb2 we need some sweet SG deals :)

By the power of FAT32 I compel you to spit out some deals, @LeaseWeb and @Leaseweb2.

• Life production on UpCloud SG node a few months ago with no down time :

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2687W v4 @ 3.00GHz

Geekbench:

Upcloud SG : https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15204365

DigitalOcean SG: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15204373

if any one need credit from UpCloud, PM me for link signup with credit $25 :smile: