Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes 72 hours Flash Sale : CacheOut your Old Xeon, CacheIn and Ryzen above the quality!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes 72 hours Flash Sale : CacheOut your Old Xeon, CacheIn and Ryzen above the quality!

Having a Meltdown from the Spectre of ZombieLoad Cacheout of your Intel VPS?

CacheOut your old Xeon's vulnerability and CacheIn on a brand new AMD Ryzen VPS today with our Switcher special+! Our premium NexusCare service comes free of charge. Stocks are running low due to high demand. Contact a NexusCare service ambassador today!

Here at Nexus Bytes, we do things differently. You are not just a customer or another line in our CRM database. You are part of the Nexus Bytes family and we only want the best for our family. We are not going to sell our family members what we won’t buy for ourselves. That’s the Nexus Bytes difference.

Switch from Your INTEL XEON powered VPS to our AMD Ryzne Powered VPS's today, Get upto 6 additional months free on us via Service Credit!! Promo expires February, 3rd, 2020, Monday 11:59 PM (EST)

If you are an existing Family member, promo code : FamilyFirst will grant you additional 5% discount for life!

How to Redeem :

• Must be eligible for either Sweet Switch or Contract buyout Special!
  • Signup for any plan with either Semi-annual or Annual billing term.
  • Only Valid for our "VPS-" (0.5G Is not eligible) and "Pool" Product line. Storage plans aren't eligible for the Cacheout Promo.
  • Please open a ticket. Submit all the required documents.
  • Submit a side by side CPU benchmark using the following commands :
    wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script/master/yabs.sh
    chmod 777 yabs.sh
    ./yabs.sh -di

• Depending on your eligibility, we will apply 2 additional month worth of service credit on top of Sweet Switch or Contract Buyout credit!

Configurable AMD Ryzen Powered VPS: https://nexusbytes.com/cart.php?gid=16 From $2.00/mo

Test IP and Test Download:: NYC Metro (US) | Los Angeles(US) | Falkenstein, Germany (EU) |

Configurable AMD Ryzen Cloud Pool VPS: https://nexusbytes.com/cart.php?gid=18 From $6.40/mo

Test IP and Test Download:: NYC Metro (US) | Los Angeles(US) | Falkenstein, Germany (EU) |

Storage VPS Plans: https://nexusbytes.com/cart.php?gid=10 From $3.2/mo!

You get the best $ value when you order with annual payment.

Quick FAQ:

Thanked by 2saibal XNQ

Comments

• How much for managed hosting?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @vyas11 said:
    How much for managed hosting?

Sir, 100000000 ZW dollar.

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • We need @vyas to hack the best deal again for everyone.

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • kennsannkennsann Member
    edited February 2020

Are the refugees from Hostdoc eligible for any of these promos? Coz technically we can't cancel our services, because they'll be the one doing so? :joy:

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @kennsann said:
    Are the refugees from Hostdoc eligible for any of these promos? Coz technically we can't cancel our services, because they'll be the one doing so? :joy:

I am 99.99% sure the answer is yes because your request is not unreasonable, illegal or technically unfeasible. @seriesn will confirm the remaining 0.01%.

• @kennsann said:

Boss,
    In the wake of recent events, I welcome HD customers with an open arm.

Please provide screenshots from the client area minus the cancelation and I will do my best to get you guys situated with sweet switch promo. As long as your current service is active.

Here are 2 HD refuge coupon for the VPS- and pool product line. Life time Recurring discount. Set to expire within next 10 days.

HD20 : Semi annual payment , additional 20% off on top of regular payment discount.

HD10 : Annual payment, additional 10% off on top of regular payment discount.

Welcome to the family :)

• Just wanted to do a shameless bump with 2 updates ->
    CacheIN promo expires tomorrw.

For our Chinese family members, we are offering native Chinese support. It will be a bit slower than our usual support style, but it is a great option none the less :)

我们亲爱的中国家庭成员,Nexus Bytes提供中文客服。它没英语客服快,但是在24小时内一定回应。紧急的话请使用英语客服。

• Nexus Bytes seems to be very helpful in this bad situation for HostDoc customers.

• @seriesn said:
    For our Chinese family members, we are offering native Chinese support. It will be a bit slower than our usual support style, but it is a great option none the less :)

我们亲爱的中国家庭成员,Nexus Bytes提供中文客服。它没英语客服快,但是在24小时内一定回应。紧急的话请使用英语客服。

Now that's cool. Good move IMO :-) Wait til word spreads on hostloc etc about that

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • Are the storage vps plans KVM?

• @MGarbis said:
    Are the storage vps plans KVM?

Hello Stranger :). Nothing but KVM :)

• @maddy said:
    Nexus Bytes seems to be very helpful in this bad situation for HostDoc customers.

Thank you for the kind comment <3. We are trying our very best to help out the unfortunates.

• @seriesn said:

@kennsann said:

Boss,

Please provide screenshots from the client area minus the cancelation and I will do my best to get you guys situated with sweet switch promo. As long as your current service is active.

Here are 2 HD refuge coupon for the VPS- and pool product line. Life time Recurring discount. Set to expire within next 10 days.

HD20 : Semi annual payment , additional 20% off on top of regular payment discount.

Will the HD coupon stack with a contract buy out? I have a service with HD that I paid for one year and 3 months in.

• @seriesn said:

@MGarbis said:

I'm looking for Nextcloud suitable vps. It's mostly for backups. Auto upload pics and vids from phones. Propably 2 users. Something like 1GB RAM or more. "Only" about 200GB storage. Bandwidth 2500 GB (@1Gbit) is more than enough. CPU Core 2 @3.5+ GHz (Fair Share). I'm not sure if this is enough, but propably it is... Do you know better? 1 IPv4. Location Germany (or North Europe).

Can you do something like this?

• @MGarbis said:

@seriesn said:

@MGarbis said:

I'm looking for Nextcloud suitable vps. It's mostly for backups. Auto upload pics and vids from phones. Propably 2 users. Something like 1GB RAM or more. "Only" about 200GB storage. Bandwidth 2500 GB (@1Gbit) is more than enough. CPU Core 2 @3.5+ GHz (Fair Share). I'm not sure if this is enough, but propably it is... Do you know better? 1 IPv4. Location Germany (or North Europe).

In my experience, it will work with 1GB of RAM and 1 CPU core just fine. You can tweak it a lot, but basically find any plan with the space you need and you're off to the races.

Thanked by 2MGarbis seriesn
  • @kennsann said:

@seriesn said:

@kennsann said:

Boss,

Will the HD coupon stack with a contract buy out? I have a service with HD that I paid for one year and 3 months in.

As long as you are signing up with an annual plan and meeting the other guidelines, yes.

Unfortunately, you can not combine CacheIn Promo + Contract Buyout + HD Coupons.

However, you can combine HD+Contract/SweetSwitch :)

• @MGarbis said:

@seriesn said:

@MGarbis said:

Hey Bud,
    For the storage VM's, memory is a limiting factor :(. If I increase RAM, pricing is barely 0.50 cheaper vs moving to the 1T plan.

Next Cloud should work perfectly fine, however, I strongly recommend you tweak the config, because, at a time, it can be CPU intensive, if your file changes very often.

• @seriesn said:

@MGarbis said:

@seriesn said:

@MGarbis said:

Hey Bud,
    For the storage VM's, memory is a limiting factor :(. If I increase RAM, pricing is barely 0.50 cheaper vs moving to the 1T plan.

Next Cloud should work perfectly fine, however, I strongly recommend you tweak the config, because, at a time, it can be CPU intensive, if your file changes very often.

What kind of config tweak do you recommend?
    I'm also planning to use centmin mod as LEMP stack which compiles nginx and php. Is it ok?
    Is promocode HD10 working for this?

• @MGarbis said:

@seriesn said:

@MGarbis said:

@seriesn said:

@MGarbis said:

Hey Bud,

I'm also planning to use centmin mod as LEMP stack which compiles nginx and php. Is it ok?

This is a good place to get started :)

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/15/admin_manual/installation/server_tuning.html

And no sir. HD codes are only valid for VPS- and Pool- product line.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@seriesn and Nexusbytes is prem. Plus they love pandas too. What more could you want?

Thanked by 2MGarbis dahartigan
  • @seriesn said:

@MGarbis said:

@seriesn said:

@MGarbis said:

@seriesn said:

@MGarbis said:

Hey Bud,

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/15/admin_manual/installation/server_tuning.html

I thought you wanted to have something more professional config tweaks. :smiley:

• @MGarbis said:

@seriesn said:

@MGarbis said:

@seriesn said:

@MGarbis said:

@seriesn said:

@MGarbis said:

Hey Bud,

I thought you wanted to have something more professional config tweaks. :smiley:

Ah! My good sir! The problem is, tweaks changes for each user case. Usually limiting crons and updating DB with quick caching does wonder :)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thanked by 2uptime seriesn
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • What's with the pandamonium?

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited February 2020

@maddy said:
    What's with the pandamonium?

They opened Panda's box ... On Pandara Road in New Delhi which was once the capital of the Pandavs... a tale well told by the Pandas of Varanasi. Of course here in the south they talk about the mighty kingdom of the Panda(y)as.

I stop before I am accused of historitcal pandaring

• @Neoon said:

LOL

• Here's something for people who like to see what prem potass looks like.

Region: Global  https://bench.monster v.1.5.0 2020-01-11 
     Usage : curl -LsO bench.monster/speedtest.sh; bash speedtest.sh -Global

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     OS           : CentOS 7.7.1908 (64 Bit)
     Virt/Kernel  : KVM / 3.10.0-1062.9.1.el7.x86_64
     CPU Model    : AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
     CPU Cores    : 8 @ 3792.872 MHz x86_64 512 KB Cache
     CPU Flags    : AES-NI Enabled & VM-x/AMD-V Enabled
     Load Average : 0.00, 0.01, 0.05
     Total Space  : 122G (22G ~19% used)
     Total RAM    : 7820 MB (1377 MB + 6229 MB Buff in use)
     Total SWAP   : 0 MB (0 MB in use)
     Uptime       : 0 days 4:33
     ASN & ISP    : AS23470, FranTech Solutions
     Organization : Nexus Bytes LLC
     Location     : Township of Piscataway, United States / US
     Region       : New Jersey

## Geekbench v4 CPU Benchmark:

Single Core : 5062  (EXCELLENT)
       Multi Core : 22332

## IO Test

CPU Speed:
        bzip2     : 126 MB/s
       sha256     : 931 MB/s
       md5sum     : 476 MB/s

RAM Speed:
       Avg. write : 2560.0 MB/s
       Avg. read  : 5597.9 MB/s

Disk Speed:
       1st run    : 1.2 GB/s
       2nd run    : 1.3 GB/s
       3rd run    : 1.2 GB/s
       -----------------------
       Average    : 1262.9 MB/s

## Global Speedtest

Location                       Upload           Download         Ping   
     Speedtest.net                  234.03 Mbit/s    509.13 Mbit/s    36.696 ms
     USA, New York (AT&T)           855.98 Mbit/s    899.22 Mbit/s     2.176 ms
     USA, Chicago (Windstream)      244.16 Mbit/s    819.44 Mbit/s    16.657 ms
     USA, Dallas (Frontier)         195.78 Mbit/s    413.31 Mbit/s    45.366 ms
     USA, Miami (Frontier)          217.82 Mbit/s    592.33 Mbit/s    33.722 ms
     USA, Los Angeles (Spectrum)    169.09 Mbit/s    471.49 Mbit/s    62.208 ms
     France, Lyon (SFR)             90.06 Mbit/s     430.25 Mbit/s    81.557 ms
     Germany, Berlin (DNS:NET)      157.41 Mbit/s    319.26 Mbit/s    90.341 ms
     Spain, Madrid (MasMovil)       104.60 Mbit/s    242.78 Mbit/s    91.993 ms
     Italy, Rome (Unidata)          138.25 Mbit/s    282.24 Mbit/s   106.867 ms
     Russia, Moscow (MTS)           56.30 Mbit/s     355.61 Mbit/s   119.949 ms
     Israel, Haifa (013Netvision)   103.47 Mbit/s    220.43 Mbit/s   134.240 ms
     India, New Delhi (GIGATEL)     64.38 Mbit/s     143.19 Mbit/s   210.567 ms
     Singapore (FirstMedia)         19.01 Mbit/s     20.37 Mbit/s    259.777 ms
     Japan, Tsukuba (SoftEther)     93.82 Mbit/s     122.88 Mbit/s   161.963 ms
     Australia, Sydney (Yes Optus)  26.01 Mbit/s     53.09 Mbit/s    211.729 ms
     RSA, Randburg (Cool Ideas)     29.00 Mbit/s     78.09 Mbit/s    228.784 ms
     Brazil, Sao Paulo (Criare)     103.53 Mbit/s    197.75 Mbit/s   111.699 ms

Timestamp   : 2020-02-04 06:17:55 GMT

- https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15198859

Thanked by 2vyas11 gtxr
  • @seriesn said:

@kennsann said:

Boss,

Hi seriesn, this offer already died right? I'm another HD refugee looking for a new home, currently have two VPS with the doc and a reseller hosting (about to be injected with a lethal dose). Anything still available? Thanks