Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SG VPS/Dedi to replace my Hostdoc? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SG VPS/Dedi to replace my Hostdoc?

13»

Comments

• Boss, I need VPS on SG, any plan Ryzen on SG node ?

I think no. I recommend @MikeA for SG

Yes i know it and I do not need game vps, just vps for mydb not for game/anti ddos game/whatever, too expensive for my budget :)

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

I couldn't sleep well if a customer had more cores then the host system I think

• @seriesn said:

@isunbejo said:

@seriesn said:

@kennsann said:
    Are you guys done?

Can we all move on to recommendations and offers please?

It is not Much. But it's something :). Little refugee discount.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/162792/nexusbytes-72-hours-flash-sale-cacheout-your-old-xeon-cachein-and-ryzen-above-the-quality#latest

Boss, I need VPS on SG, any plan Ryzen on SG node ?

Sorry Boss,

@MikeA Is your guy. But I don't think there's any ryzen over there yet?

I can assist you in LA if you want :)

Thank you boss, I will order later when the time comes.
    My 2 vps at NexusBytes on the German node is very stable, thanks for this Node :)

Based on the OP post thread, at the moment we only need the SG node, btw :)

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @HostSlick said:
    I couldn't sleep well if a customer had more cores then the host system I think

I did this once accidentally in Proxmox, it ran for a while then the whole node became unstable and the console was full of errors.

• @bikegremlin said:

@maddy said:

@HostDoc said:

@poisson said:

@IonSwitch_Stan said:

Did you just leak trade secret 473?

My next offer. The only provider with 220 fair-use cores in a single VPS. KVM wont let you boot with over 255 unless your in q35 mode... and even then wouldn't work. Would love to offer 1k cores.

Although it is technically possible to assign 9 threads to an 8 thread host node, that's clearly fraud for selling something that isn't possible. And the good Doc is going around saying people have malicious intentions. Facts are facts.

You are a conundrum @poisson and a very confused academic
    So, you have very quickly forgotten your favourite hosts plan in Germany for a certain member with more cores than the host system?
    Yet, you praised that plan and encouraged more users to spend their cash on the same node???

Yes, it is possible to sell more cores than a system has you numpty and it is not fraud.
    You are just very salty.

Fraud. Shill. A lot of words that some may say sums "you" up perfectly.

Oh dear. I get more easily irritated than usual at a certain point of the month because of, you all know, some biological reasons, but Doc seems like a guy?

Men have feelings too! :smiley: And PMS-s. :)

I PMS when very hungry. Friends and colleagues know it. So even if there's lots of work to be done, my calling a lunch break doesn't get questioned - since the alternative is the snarky/sarcastic mode.

I think there's a word for being upset when hungry? Hangry or something.

I don't know, but HostDoc seems like the hormone levels are off the charts with that kind of language. Almost nobody has responded that way on this thread, at least from what I read. :neutral:

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

@kennsann said:
    Are you guys done?

Can we all move on to recommendations and offers please?

send you the Vps data, so you can test it. Thanks

• @georgedatacenter you have SG location?

• Centerhop dot com (SG only)

$10/month
    2 Core Processor
    2GB Memory
    45GB SAN SSD
    Unlimited Bandwidth

• @isunbejo said:
    Centerhop dot com (SG only)

$10/month
    2 Core Processor
    2GB Memory
    45GB SAN SSD
    Unlimited Bandwidth

Higher plans are super expensive.

• I wanted to recommend Leaseweb's Singapore location but I'm not sure if the previous issue of racking up bandwidth bills has already have a solution:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/74186/very-important-leaseweb-s-bandwidth-overage-policy
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/152817/unreasonable-invoice-by-leaseweb

Does Leaseweb have an effective DDoS protection in place now?

Another one I would have recommended is HostUs ( @AlexanderM ) ; unfortunately, their Singapore location only has OpenVZ plans.

Thanked by 1isunbejo
  • I am going to put it here that if you are looking for a replacement VPS, given the current Intel issues, if location is not an issue, go with the prem AMD providers @seriesn @Delong @MikeA before the next major Intel fcukup makes you change provider in the next few months.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @kennsann said:

@isunbejo said:
    Centerhop dot com (SG only)

$10/month
    2 Core Processor
    2GB Memory
    45GB SAN SSD
    Unlimited Bandwidth

Higher plans are super expensive.

Low Plan :
    $2.5/month
    1 Core Processor
    768MB Memory
    15GB SAN SSD
    Unlimited Bandwidth

*discount of $1 for the first month (promotion code: ONE) :wink:

• CenterHop is new in my radar so I decided to poke around a bit. Unfortunately,

All Cloud VPS services guaranteed 5Mbps Internet Connection with up to 100Mbps of Shared Bandwidth capacity, unlimited data transfer. Access to 100Mbps Shared bandwidth will be deny if user found to abuse this shared bandwidth by constantly bursting more than 5Mbps.

https://my.centerhop.com/knowledgebase.php?id=22-bandwidth-limitation

Unfortunately, it's not enough for my use case.

• @pullangcubo said:
    CenterHop is new in my radar so I decided to poke around a bit. Unfortunately,

All Cloud VPS services guaranteed 5Mbps Internet Connection with up to 100Mbps of Shared Bandwidth capacity, unlimited data transfer. Access to 100Mbps Shared bandwidth will be deny if user found to abuse this shared bandwidth by constantly bursting more than 5Mbps.

digital-vm dot com

Power VM 1
    vCPU: 2CPU dedicated
    memory: 1 GB dedicated
    space: 20 GB SSD (Raid10)
    traffic: unlimited / month (10Gbit / s port)
    IPv4: 1
    $ 12 / month
    Promo code: exclusive30off (permanent discount 30%);

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • @pullangcubo said:
    CenterHop is new in my radar so I decided to poke around a bit. Unfortunately,

Recommend Leaseweb. CenterHop not recommended at all, we tried them, VPS never worked and after several days of support still without a working VPS + useless, super slow support.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • If SG is really necessary, I recommend Upcloud. I have used it for production for almost a year and it works really well. Well worth the price. If you want trial credits PM me.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

kennsann said: I can do less ram and no HDD, but the everything else is probably non negotiable in my use case.

Your budget might ned to become negotiable in that case.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Clouvider said:

kennsann said: I can do less ram and no HDD, but the everything else is probably non negotiable in my use case.

Your budget might ned to become negotiable in that case.

I should have said I am amenable to a higher reasonable price. Sorry about that.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • HostDoc said: it is not fraud. You are just very salty.

• @SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

HostDoc said: it is not fraud. You are just very salty.

Those were some famous last words.