Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SG VPS/Dedi to replace my Hostdoc? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SG VPS/Dedi to replace my Hostdoc?

Comments

• @kennsann said:

@poisson said:

@kennsann said:
    Ok, things just escalated quickly here.!

I never thought, you'll move your feud here, even if this was a thread asking for recommendation.

Was just giving an opinion that your case looks like fraud because you were promised 9 cores on a 8 core host node and then the good Doc jumped in with his usual stuff. Actually, I don't have a feud with him; he has one with me.

I didn't mind the 9vCores, Its probably just for purposes of knowing what I was sold. Since I wanted to combine everything that I bought from them into one VPS.

Were you expecting 9vCore performance when you needed it, though? If an explanatory note was given when the request was done and you went in knowing the full situation of what you can reasonably expect, then I would say I was hasty.

• 9vCPU x i7 7700

oh fuck, this is golden.

The only situation the user can benefit from more cores than physically available is, when the node is so overloaded that even a little bit helps to get over other customers.

• @stefeman said:
    oh fuck, this is golden.

What a shower it turned out to be. 😛

• @poisson said:

@kennsann said:

@poisson said:

@kennsann said:
    Ok, things just escalated quickly here.!

I never thought, you'll move your feud here, even if this was a thread asking for recommendation.

Was just giving an opinion that your case looks like fraud because you were promised 9 cores on a 8 core host node and then the good Doc jumped in with his usual stuff. Actually, I don't have a feud with him; he has one with me.

I didn't mind the 9vCores, Its probably just for purposes of knowing what I was sold. Since I wanted to combine everything that I bought from them into one VPS.

Were you expecting 9vCore performance when you needed it, though? If an explanatory note was given when the request was done and you went in knowing the full situation of what you can reasonably expect, then I would say I was hasty.

Nope, I don't expect it to be 9vCore. Because I know well enough there is no such thing for an i7 7700 to have that much cores. But yes, there is no notice to me that there is a limit, probably he assumed I know.

Not really an issue for me at the time, because I was so happy with the number of cores, ram, Nvme + HDD, and BW on what I got as compared to what is available with other providers. Also was extremely happy with the performance of the server. Can't really complain about it.

The only complaint I had is this. honestly I just hate how emotional Doc handled the situation to the ends that he impulsively went directly closing the business. Like with his spat with reliablesites, he was very hasty to pick a fight at the time.

As a customer, even if he made preparations and informed all of us, it feels like he just suddenly abandoned us customers. Like he would prefer to feed his emotions than prove he can get over any mountain for his customers. I guess, it is probably time for him to go. As a business, emotions should come last and it should be that business decisions should come from a cool mind putting all stakeholder's interest into consideration.

In this case, the doc has not done.

• @HostDoc said:

@poisson said:

@IonSwitch_Stan said:

Did you just leak trade secret 473?

My next offer. The only provider with 220 fair-use cores in a single VPS. KVM wont let you boot with over 255 unless your in q35 mode... and even then wouldn't work. Would love to offer 1k cores.

Although it is technically possible to assign 9 threads to an 8 thread host node, that's clearly fraud for selling something that isn't possible. And the good Doc is going around saying people have malicious intentions. Facts are facts.

You are a conundrum @poisson and a very confused academic
    So, you have very quickly forgotten your favourite hosts plan in Germany for a certain member with more cores than the host system?
    Yet, you praised that plan and encouraged more users to spend their cash on the same node???

Yes, it is possible to sell more cores than a system has you numpty and it is not fraud.
    You are just very salty.

Fraud. Shill. A lot of words that some may say sums "you" up perfectly.

Oh dear. I get more easily irritated than usual at a certain point of the month because of, you all know, some biological reasons, but Doc seems like a guy?

• 9 cores? Is that something like AMD Phenom all over again? 3 core CPUs or some shit lol

• @HostDoc said:

@poisson said:

@IonSwitch_Stan said:

My next offer. The only provider with 220 fair-use cores in a single VPS. KVM wont let you boot with over 255 unless your in q35 mode... and even then wouldn't work. Would love to offer 1k cores.

Although it is technically possible to assign 9 threads to an 8 thread host node, that's clearly fraud for selling something that isn't possible. And the good Doc is going around saying people have malicious intentions. Facts are facts.

So, you have very quickly forgotten your favourite hosts plan in Germany for a certain member with more cores than the host system?
    Yet, you praised that plan and encouraged more users to spend their cash on the same node???

Yes, it is possible to sell more cores than a system has you numpty and it is not fraud.
    You are just very salty.

Chieve,
    There's a difference between offering based on vCore (8 physical + 8 thread) vs selling 9 core when your hostnode supports 4 core + 4 thread. Fyi, we are pushing majority new builds with 3900x. So there's that.

Let's not start getting dirty here sir. I have given you my professional courtesy enough time. Grow up, stop blaming people for your mistakes.

Get your head out of your ass and stop drinking whatever you are drinking. Your personal jabs are getting annoying.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @IonSwitch_Stan said:

I'll be damned, you can assign more cores than exist in the host to a VPS.

I am working on my core. Hopefully, I will be stronger this summer!

• @seriesn said:

@HostDoc said:

@poisson said:

@IonSwitch_Stan said:

You are just very salty.

Chieve,
    There's a difference between offering based on vCore (8 physical + 8 thread) vs selling 9 core when your hostnode supports 4 core + 4 thread. Fyi, we are pushing majority new builds with 3900x. So there's that.

Let's not start getting dirty here sir. I have given you my professional courtesy enough time. Grow up, stop blaming people for your mistakes.

Get your head out of your ass and stop drinking whatever you are drinking. Your personal jabs are getting annoying.

Just want to clarify. Hostdoc never sold me 9 cores. It was 3 vps combined into one.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

poisson said: I'll be damned, you can assign more cores than exist in the host to a VPS

Not in proxmox it seems (unless some other settings need changing too).

• Should we all agree that for many reasons, hostdoc's services are irreplaceable?

Thanked by 3FAT32 uptime dosai
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@cybertech said:
    Should we all agree that for many reasons, hostdoc's services are irreplaceable?

Yes.

• @kennsann said:
    Just want to clarify. Hostdoc never sold me 9 cores. It was 3 vps combined into one.

He should have clarified that a 9 core is technically impossible on the node you wanted and there will be limitations that you need to agree to.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited February 2020

@seriesn said:

@IonSwitch_Stan said:

I want to see you you develop an 8 pack
    a 9 pack .

• @kennsann said:

@seriesn said:

@HostDoc said:

@poisson said:

@IonSwitch_Stan said:

You are just very salty.

Chieve,

I didn't mean to come at you boss. Sorry if that is the case.

It is not about selling 9 core. It is about assigning resources that is not there.

• @vyas11 said:

@seriesn said:

@IonSwitch_Stan said:

a 9 pack .

He will be thread-ripped by summer.

• @maddy said:

@HostDoc said:

@poisson said:

@IonSwitch_Stan said:

You are just very salty.

Oh dear. I get more easily irritated than usual at a certain point of the month because of, you all know, some biological reasons, but Doc seems like a guy?

Men have feelings too! :smiley: And PMS-s. :)

I PMS when very hungry. Friends and colleagues know it. So even if there's lots of work to be done, my calling a lunch break doesn't get questioned - since the alternative is the snarky/sarcastic mode.

• @vyas11 said:

@seriesn said:

@IonSwitch_Stan said:

a 9 pack .

@poisson said:

@vyas11 said:

@seriesn said:

@IonSwitch_Stan said:

a 9 pack .

I am up at 5 in the morning, on a Sunday, just to read comments like this :lol:

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @seriesn said:

@kennsann said:

@seriesn said:

@HostDoc said:

@poisson said:

@IonSwitch_Stan said:

You are just very salty.

Chieve,

It is not about selling 9 core. It is about assigning resources that is not there.

Not really offended by the comment. I just dont wany the guy (doc) get too buried in the grave for this thread. I still did enjoy using the server and probably its an offshoot on his part by not informing me about the 9vCpu.

Again he didnt sell it that way. I just ordered doc to combine the 3 vps which all had 3vCpu hence having 9.

That's my last hurrah for the doc. Still very disappointed with them closing. I even paid a full year for my server with them. Now gotta find a new server.

Btw, to anyone else commenting. Hope we get back on track of recommending other providers and away from discussing hostdoc.

• @seriesn said:

@vyas11 said:

@seriesn said:

@IonSwitch_Stan said:

a 9 pack .

@poisson said:

@vyas11 said:

@seriesn said:

@IonSwitch_Stan said:

a 9 pack .

You should be working out my man not posting on forums. Otherwise no deal hacking spreadsheets for you.

• @vyas11 said:

@seriesn said:

@vyas11 said:

@seriesn said:

@IonSwitch_Stan said:

a 9 pack .

@poisson said:

@vyas11 said:

@seriesn said:

@IonSwitch_Stan said:

a 9 pack .

You should be working out my man not posting on forums. Otherwise no deal hacking spreadsheets for you.

It helps my finger muscles!!!

• @kennsann said:

@seriesn said:

@kennsann said:

@seriesn said:

@HostDoc said:

@poisson said:

@IonSwitch_Stan said:

You are just very salty.

Chieve,

Not really offended by the comment. I just dont wany the guy (doc) get too buried in the grave for this thread. I still did enjoy using the server and probably its an offshoot on his part by not informing me about the 9vCpu.

Again he didnt sell it that way. I just ordered doc to combine the 3 vps which all had 3vCpu hence having 9.

That's my last hurrah for the doc. Still very disappointed with them closing. I even paid a full year for my server with them. Now gotta find a new server.

Btw, to anyone else commenting. Hope we get back on track of recommending other providers and away from discussing hostdoc.

Look at @FAT32's palindrome thread. Or CacheOut and CacheIn.

• @HostDoc said:
    You are just very salty.

Numpty? Really Chike? That's taking things way too personally now :-(

• @dahartigan said:

@HostDoc said:
    You are just very salty.

Numpty? Really Chike? That's taking things way too personally now :-(

I don't have to go to his level.

• kennsannkennsann Member
    edited February 2020

Are you guys done?

Can we all move on to recommendations and offers please?

• ^ Thank you!

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited February 2020

@kennsann said:
    Are you guys done?

It is not Much. But it's something :). Little refugee discount.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/162792/nexusbytes-72-hours-flash-sale-cacheout-your-old-xeon-cachein-and-ryzen-above-the-quality#latest

• isunbejoisunbejo Member
    edited February 2020

@seriesn said:

@kennsann said:
    Are you guys done?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/162792/nexusbytes-72-hours-flash-sale-cacheout-your-old-xeon-cachein-and-ryzen-above-the-quality#latest

Boss, I need VPS on SG, any plan Ryzen on SG node ?

• poissonpoisson Member
    edited February 2020

@isunbejo said:

@seriesn said:

@kennsann said:
    Are you guys done?

I think no. I recommend @MikeA for SG

• @isunbejo said:

@seriesn said:

@kennsann said:
    Are you guys done?

Sorry Boss,

@MikeA Is your guy. But I don't think there's any ryzen over there yet?

I can assist you in LA if you want :)

Thanked by 1isunbejo