Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

β€Ί I need a VPS with lots of space and RAM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need a VPS with lots of space and RAM

LehKedaLehKeda Member
edited January 2020 in Requests

Hello everyone,
I need an OpenVZ or KVM in Germany or somewhere close to South Africa mainly for building android, but I may use it for some experiments
-I need lots and lots of RAM at least 12G.
-big HDD space at least 400G.
-many fast CPU cores at least 4+ cores.
-a good amount of bandwidth at least 5TB with fast internet speed to download the source code of it fast
-1 IPV4 address.
-many OS options
Of course, more than that is always welcomed and better.
this may seem like a lot, but it will be sitting idle for long periods even of months.

so you may ask why all of that?
-the short answer is because it's android!
-the long answer is because building android requires lots of RAM and many CPU cores in order for it to compile with running out of memory and finishing it fast. And I the bandwidth because the source code of android itself is huge and device-specific code like the kernel, hardware code and other stuff are big. And I need a big amount of storage because the compiled ROM and its files can get up to 100G per build.

I don't care too much if it's OpenVZ or KVM; All I care for is it to be cheap and fast(not amazingly fast)

I have a VPS for 5$/month and the specs of it:
-4 cpu cores clocked at 3G (i'm not 100% sure about it's clock speed)
-12G of RAM
-400G of HDD
-15TB of bandwidth
-1 IPV4

the only issue I have with it is that it's located in Chicago and there's a huge lag.
So I'm looking for something closer to reduce the lag with at least the same specs at a similar price. ( I can pay extra for a faster CPU, more HDD space or better specs overall)
about the KVM part, I only need that in case I wanted to try something with windows.

This may seem like a lot but as I said before I won't be using it 24/7 and it's gonna sit idle for long periods of time( for weeks or even months)

Comments

• Hey Bud,
    Is it safe to assume that your budget is the same as what you are paying right now? Or are you flexible ?

Your current specs looks like an epic deal to be honest :)

Thanked by 1scooke
  • @seriesn said:
    Hey Bud,
    Is it safe to assume that your budget is the same as what you are paying right now? Or are you flexible ?

Yes, but not to a great extent.

It's a gread deal but it comes with a compromise
    the CPU isn't that fast and sometimes it gets really slow.
    If i'm going to compare it to my crappy laptop which has core I5 5200U (2 cores) cpu and 8G of RAM, it takes about the same time to build the same android version and my laptop is a bit faster (5 hours and a half compared to 6 hours on the VPS)

I know that in order to get an offer for these specs there's gonna be some compromises and I totally accept that,
    I don't need huge bandwidth but I want it to be fast. I need more RAM and storage with a good CPU speed.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @LehKeda said:

@seriesn said:
    Hey Bud,

Yes, but not to a great extent.

It's a gread deal but it comes with a compromise
    the CPU isn't that fast and sometimes it gets really slow.
    If i'm going to compare it to my crappy laptop which has core I5 5200U (2 cores) cpu and 8G of RAM, it takes about the same time to build the same android version and my laptop is a bit faster (5 hours and a half compared to 6 hours on the VPS)

I know that in order to get an offer for these specs there's gonna be some compromises and I totally accept that,
    I don't need huge bandwidth but I want it to be fast. I need more RAM and storage with a good CPU speed.

If you are flexible, I am not sure if you had a a chance to check out our current promo :)

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/162687/nexusbytes-hong-bao-event-2-days-flash-sale-q1-special-free-goodies-alipay-wechatpay-accepted

AMD RYZEN 3700X CPU, NVMe storage, combination of these two should be fast enough :).

Resource is customizable. Maybe the 12G Plan will fit your need? If you do need that extra space, please let me know and I will try my best to cut you a custom upgrade deal :)

Join the family :)

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

-many fast CPU cores at least 4+ cores.

[slower than my ]crappy laptop which has core I5 5200U

Cores aren't performance. Your laptop has a passmark of 1400 per core, and 3500 overall. (https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i5-5200U+@+2.20GHz&id=2440). Take a look at any offering's passmark score to roughly get an idea how it compares.

@seriesn is offering Ryzen 3700X, which is 2900 passmark per core. Two of his Ryzen cores should be roughly twice as fast as your laptop. @MikeA (ExtraVM) has Ryzen in Europe, but is pricing is a bit outside your $5/m goal.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • IonSwitch_Stan said: Cores aren't performance.

But pentium N5000?

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2020

@LehKeda said:
    it's gonna sit idle for long periods of time( for weeks or even months)

Why not spin up a "compute intensive" instance when needed - can save to / restore from snapshot with services such as Hetzner (in Germany) - other suitable "hourly billed" providers might include:

• IntoVPS (Romania)
    • LunaNode (France)
    • RamNode (Netherlands)
    • Upcloud (Finland)
    • Vultr (Germany and Netherlands)
  • @uptime said:

@LehKeda said:
    it's gonna sit idle for long periods of time( for weeks or even months)

Why not spin up a "compute intensive" instance when needed - can save to / restore from snapshot with services such as Hetzner (in Germany) - other suitable "hourly billed" providers might include:

• IntoVPS (Romania)
    • LunaNode (France)
    • RamNode (Netherlands)
    • Upcloud (Finland)
    • Vultr (Germany and Netherlands)

LunaNode have Toronto and Montreal also FYI :-)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Your best bet is contabo

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • you can use KVM or XENvps with a large memory, but we have to know the price structure or the budget as you are comfortable with.

• $5 ???? πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Thanked by 1sgno1
  • ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2020

@2cloud said:
    Ready to provide you a quote for our VPS services located in Europe with up to 64TB RAM and 500GB on SSD and unmetered traffic. Or you could chose dedicated server as well, it might be even cheaper.

64TB Ram and Only 500 GB SSD wow , I am wondering how many cores you will be offering , I guess around 200 cores .

And are you really allowed to post offers , I need to read again the rules i guess.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited January 2020

@ManishPant said:

@2cloud said:
    Ready to provide you a quote for our VPS services located in Europe with up to 64TB RAM and 500GB on SSD and unmetered traffic. Or you could chose dedicated server as well, it might be even cheaper.

64TB Ram and Only 500 GB SSD wow , I am wondering how many cores you will be offering , I guess around 200 cores .

And are you really allowed to post offers , I need to read again the rules i guess.

Well, technically, it's okay for @2cloud to post an offer in response to a request. In this case, the offer should be posted publicly and not sent in an unsolicited PM. As far as I can tell, @2cloud has respected the rules.

(But, yes, 64 TB RAM and 500 GB SSD -- this would be quite an unusual configuration. :wink: )

Thanked by 1uptime

@2cloud said:
    Oh no…. 200 cores is to much..., only hard oversellers could propose such.
    We don't offer more than 16 vCPUs, as you physical servers has processor limits as well.
    Each of our cluster node have 28+ physical cores, and we can’t allow to 1 VM to overtake all compute resources.

Do you have a Looking Glass or can you share a test IP to test latency

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@2cloud you do in fact need a provider tag to post any kind of offer, please read the rules.

@Jord said:
    @2cloud you do in fact need a provider tag to post any kind of offer, please read the rules.

Thanks for clarifying otherwise @angstrom said its okay to post an offer.

Anyone who replies to someones requests for hosting needs to have a provider tag, it's in the rules. He just needs to request one :)

• @Jord said:
    Anyone who replies to someones requests for hosting needs to have a provider tag, it's in the rules.

I may have missed this point in the rules. I thought that one can respond to a request without having a provider tag as long as the offer (made in response to the request) is public (so no PMs).

But perhaps I've gotten this wrong. If so, sorry for stating otherwise.

He just needs to request one :)

At the moment, he has only 10 posts (and a couple of his posts might be considered spammy). He would need 15 non-spammy posts in order to apply for a provider tag.

@angstrom said:

@Jord said:
    Anyone who replies to someones requests for hosting needs to have a provider tag, it's in the rules.

I may have missed this point in the rules. I thought that one can respond to a request without having a provider tag as long as the offer (made in response to the request) is public (so no PMs).

But perhaps I've gotten this wrong. If so, sorry for stating otherwise.

He just needs to request one :)

At the moment, he has only 10 posts (and a couple of his posts might be considered spammy). He would need 15 non-spammy posts in order to apply for a provider tag.

Yes sir, he will have to wait until everything is in good standing, I was just saying if he wants to post offers he would need to apply for one.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • Why not AWS spot instance? They provide per-second billing and up to 70% savings compared to normal billing.

• LehKedaLehKeda Member
    edited February 2020

@zuby2402 said:
    $5 ???? πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited February 2020
  • AndruAndru Member
    edited February 2020

Yep, for sure is TNAHosting.

Maybe on OpenVZ you can get 12Gb RAM on $5 plan, since they are not guaranteed.

I'm pretty sure nobody will give same specs on $5. Even contabo is a little bit more ..

• So you're asking Dedicated server resources for $5? Wow. Since you already got an VPS with those specs, pay it upfront for 10 years lol.

• @MadRabbit said:
    So you're asking Dedicated server resources for $5? Wow. Since you already got an VPS with those specs, pay it upfront for 10 years lol.

Where did I mention "dedicated server"?
    I don't need a dedicated server at all, something shared that works most of the time would be good enough xD

• Yeah I would just use AWS.