Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostDoc are closing down - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostDoc are closing down

Comments

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited February 2020

I've posted my sarcastic/opinionated responses in here, now here's my take as a fellow provider:

The recent HostDoc saga is really an example of why feedback should be listened to and how not to handle security issues, along with communication in general.

• edited February 2020

@dahartigan said:

@FrankZ said:
    Looks like somebodies future as a influencer/host rep might be lacking potassium after this fiasco.

Possibly, time will tell.

You still got plenty of premium potassium, I wouldn't worry about that tbh, I like the Doc, but his fuse is short.

Thanked by 2dahartigan cybertech
  • sad news but not suprised. kinda like vmhaus, but interestingly vmhaus still kickin alive.

wish u all the best @HostDoc

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • It is not malice but unsustainable pricing that killed Doc. If he hasn't been turning a profit margin for years, there's something wrong with how he has been operating. The nail in coffin is when the unsustainable pricing met serious technical glitches that went on for months. These are facts that Doc himself admitted, so I don't know why he wants to blame others for his own missteps.

• Now I have to remember what I was hosting there and move it. Damnit all...

• Tbh, I have nothing bad to say about @HostDoc . His services were great. The Support was also great which you wouldnt expect from the price you are paying. The live chat was also really convenient. He was always online. He was a 1 or 3-man show but definitely way better than the bigger outfits out there.

He was also very direct to the point and gets things done fast. No BS at all. I will miss my vps definitely. Never down for almost 2 years since I got it. Never oversold either.

I hope this was just a bad joke.

Thanked by 2isunbejo yongsiklee
  • IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2020

... which you wouldnt expect from the price you are paying

Pretty much summarizes the entire situation.. At this point anyone can go off to someone like ReliableSite or Hetzner, toss a credit card down, and sell into the Ryzen 3800X/3900X market with little to no capital investment.

• @poisson said:
    It is not malice but unsustainable pricing that killed Doc. If he hasn't been turning a profit margin for years, there's something wrong with how he has been operating. The nail in coffin is when the unsustainable pricing met serious technical glitches that went on for months. These are facts that Doc himself admitted, so I don't know why he wants to blame others for his own missteps.

I dont think its unsustainable per se. He is just reinvesting it on the business since I believe he has an engineering job and hosting was his sideline.

What were the technical glitches? Most hosts here use Solus and its more buggy than Virtualizor tbh.

The glitch was on the billing and was never on his services afaik. And I kind of understand maybe how the Doc felt with all the attacks recently? Maybe he felt isolated? And that excaberated when his host rep joined in. Although I didnt feel David did it to bring him down. Honestly, I commend jar for initiating to help find the issue instead of just blaming and attacking. Sigh

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • I am just quitting. Nothing shady but attempting to maintain mental health.

I do not know who @HM-Michael is but you seem to be having a mini PMS in this here thread. Are you okay?

@poisson We are financially sound. If you missed it, all profits were used towards new hardware.
    For an oufit that started with 3 dedicated servers and expanded to more than 18 servers off profits, I would say we did rather good.
    Seems like you are just once again fishing and still reeling from the fact that you were one of the few that were instructed to leave the service. With a full refund.

Another of the reasons for leaving is I feel for 2 years, I have constantly been in a battle with other providers. Not neccessarily competitively, just genuinenly disliked.
    I can understand @Clouvider liking such comments, I left him and spent thousands with OVH instead. But @seriesn ?
    People seem to feed off others, especially in discord, with no valid reason.

This is part of what I do not like.
    It will eventually drive me crazy.

• @IonSwitch_Stan said:

... which you wouldnt expect from the price you are paying

Pretty much summarizes the entire situation..

Aint that for all here? Lowend but prem? With the occassional deals? So who's next Virmach? I hope not

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2020

I’d appreciate if you stop trying to pin the results of your very own mistakes, you’re solely responsible for, on us @HostDoc

• @HostDoc I reiterate I never had services with you. I have asked you to release the evidence that I had services with you but you refused. Please see a psychiatrist for your own good.

I never said you didn't turn a profit. I said you were not sustainable. Turning insufficient profits means not sustainable. You would do better thinking more about well-intentioned advice.

• Tbh these 3 forums seem like ran by a gang, a group of people that protect each other only instead of a genuine community that helps each other out. Its toxic

• @timelapse said:
    Tbh these 3 forums seem like ran by a gang, a group of people that protect each other only instead of a genuine community that helps each other out. Its toxic

Each has a favourite too

• @webclouddev said:

@timelapse said:
    Tbh these 3 forums seem like ran by a gang, a group of people that protect each other only instead of a genuine community that helps each other out. Its toxic

Each has a favourite too

Haha true but I guess you couldnt call them out for it if its valid right?

• @dahartigan said:
    Well, shit. If I can singlehandedly cause a host to shut down then there's a really fucking serious glitch in the matrix.

So, Evolution Host next? :smiley:

• @timelapse said:

And if you want to continue the path of unverified allegations, we can allege you as a shill but nobody is doing thay, right?

• It's sad to see this news.

• @poisson said:

@timelapse said:

And if you want to continue the path of unverified allegations, we can allege you as a shill but nobody is doing thay, right?

Um @poisson why are you attacking me? I never even tagged you?

Thanked by 1nulldev
  • @poisson said:

@timelapse said:

If we go by you, then definitely anyone with a review blog like yours is a shill right? I was just sharing my observation on these forums and my experience with the docs service...

• @timelapse said:

@webclouddev said:

@timelapse said:

Each has a favourite too

Haha true but I guess you couldnt call them out for it if its valid right?

Shhh...
    Lets stick to the deals shall we :lol:

• @timelapse said:

@poisson said:

@timelapse said:

Am I attacking you?

• @timelapse said:

@poisson said:

@timelapse said:

If we go by you, then definitely anyone with a review blog like yours is a shill right? I was just sharing my observation on these forums and my experience with the docs service...

Sure. In that case why is my opinion from my observations "attacking"?

• @poisson said:

@timelapse said:

@poisson said:

@timelapse said:

Am I attacking you?

You quoted my post and said "And if you want to continue the path of unverified allegations, , we can allege you as a shill but nobody is doing thay, right?"

• @poisson said:

@timelapse said:

@poisson said:

@timelapse said:

Sure. In that case why is my opinion from my observations "attacking"?

This will be my last reply to you. It was not an observation. Everyone can decide on their own with you quoting and replying to me with this

"And if you want to continue the path of unverified allegations, we can allege you as a shill but nobody is doing thay, right?"

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • Good Gosh..

Is everyone PMSing harder than I today?

That was rich. Shill!!

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited February 2020

@HostDoc said:
    I can understand @Clouvider liking such comments, I left him and spent thousands with OVH instead. But @seriesn ?

Bruh,
    I have been nothing but supportive and respectful towards you. Liking a forum post doesn't always mean I like what is going on. But rather a support/agreement.

Anways brother, as I said before. I wish you all the best for future. You have tried your best and exiting this industry with honor and dignity. I however would highly appreciate it, if you leave this as it is, instead of trying point fingers at others.

• @timelapse said:

My last comment reminding you what I was referring to about unverified allegations. The forums are run by very respectable people.

• Emotions are high,
    So am I.
    As @deank would say,
    The end is nigh.

• yawns

This discussion has been closed.