Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Synatiq.com KVM Instances in London with $20 Free Credit! 10GBPS, NVMe, Free Backups, Linux/Windows - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Synatiq.com KVM Instances in London with $20 Free Credit! 10GBPS, NVMe, Free Backups, Linux/Windows

Comments

• SynatiqSynatiq Member
    edited January 2020

@ViridWeb said:

@Clouvider said:
    Hack forums, really?

Well we had posted few offers on Hack Forums about 1/2 years ago.
    And majority of visitors from that forum asked only 2 simple questions

1. Do you allow IP spoofing?
    2. Do you allow DDoS & emails?

The one we get mostly is "do you allow portscanning?"

For our happy surprise though, and mostly why we are still there, we have a few customers with multiple services, speaking of 10+ machines. Those are completely legitimate use cases not involving emails, scanning or any of that.

We are, of course, keeping a close eye on them, but the serious cases are typically reported back within a day. Either by the UK NCA, or the service provider.

This kind of attraction is expected whenever a "free credit" deal is introduced anyway and it's well under control.

• You are this same person? https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/ErikEnoctus with identical picture and UK IDC. You are famous for adcdata incident in hostloc, this is why you have change company name?

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@Synatiq said:

@ViridWeb said:

@Clouvider said:
    Hack forums, really?

Well we had posted few offers on Hack Forums about 1/2 years ago.
    And majority of visitors from that forum asked only 2 simple questions

1. Do you allow IP spoofing?
    2. Do you allow DDoS & emails?

The one we get mostly is "do you allow portscanning?"

For our happy surprise though, and mostly why we are still there, we have a few customers with multiple services, speaking of 10+ machines. Those are completely legitimate use cases not involving emails, scanning or any of that.

We are, of course, keeping a close eye on them, but the serious cases are typically reported back within a day. Either by the UK NCA, or the service provider.

This kind of attraction is expected whenever a "free credit" deal is introduced anyway and it's well under control.

Ya I forgot that question "portscanning"
    So total 3.. :wink:

And yes we can't ignore that there are few legitimate clients as well.

Thanked by 1Synatiq
  • @Synatiq said:

@Clouvider said:
    Hack forums, really?

I am not going to serve you all of the reasons why we are there for free :).

HF has been great for us so far. We have more spammers, duplicate accounts claiming the $20 from LEB than we do on HF. There are legitimate use cases coming out of HF, as long as it's controlled and stressed that abuse will be treated accordingly.

As a UK business, we wouldn't be around for too long if we weren't strict with that. It might sound ironical given our relatively recent launch, but we are very much here to stay.

Bring on the "he said that too before they dead pooled". We'll look back to this topic in a couple of years.

Classic, We'll look back to this topic in a couple of years.

Neah, for me. Good luck!

• SynatiqSynatiq Member
    edited January 2020

@zuby2402 said:

@Synatiq said:

@Clouvider said:
    Hack forums, really?

I am not going to serve you all of the reasons why we are there for free :).

HF has been great for us so far. We have more spammers, duplicate accounts claiming the $20 from LEB than we do on HF. There are legitimate use cases coming out of HF, as long as it's controlled and stressed that abuse will be treated accordingly.

As a UK business, we wouldn't be around for too long if we weren't strict with that. It might sound ironical given our relatively recent launch, but we are very much here to stay.

Bring on the "he said that too before they dead pooled". We'll look back to this topic in a couple of years.

Classic, We'll look back to this topic in a couple of years.

Neah, for me. Good luck!

How do you respond to that then? Seems like every new-ish company around here is either a brand new regenerated Deadpool, a Joshua Sprout (I think) company or ran on Colocrossing.

Is there a category for a business that doesn't fall in the above groups?

I guess time will tell. You are certainly free to make your own decisions.

In the meantime, we are grateful for everyone who trusts us, and we are confident they're happy with our service :).

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@1606234 said:
    You are this same person? https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/ErikEnoctus with identical picture and UK IDC. You are famous for adcdata incident in hostloc, this is why you have change company name?

Sorry, what are you trying to imply here? Enoctus == Synatiq?

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited January 2020

I was going to sign up but yeah... not anymore after learning about the Hack Forums post. May want to review the policy of posting on Hack Forums long term as I think you'll find as you grow, it'll cause more bad publicity for you than it'll bring.

• SynatiqSynatiq Member
    edited January 2020

@tester4 said:
    I was going to sign up but yeah... not anymore after learning about the Hack Forums post. May want to review the policy of posting on Hack Forums long term as I think you'll find as you grow, it'll cause more bad publicity for you than it'll bring.

I am sorry to hear that. Our HF article has been closed, and we'll let it expire.

Shoot up a PM if you want us to prove you wrong :), completely on us.

Thanked by 1tester4
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

I could be way off here but wasn't Enoctus bought out by SmartHost? From memory the timing would seem to tie in with what companies house is saying.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2020

@Synatiq said:

Why not post the reasons here?

There is a reason people here don't target HF customers - people who have been doing this a very long time. If you turn out to be right, you would be the first I've seen to say it's a good idea and in the long run be right. There's a number that used to be active there but eventually they all join the rest of us in avoiding that clientele.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • SynatiqSynatiq Member
    edited January 2020

@jackb said:

@Synatiq said:

Why not post the reasons here?

There is a reason people here don't target HF customers - people who have been doing this a very long time. If you turn out to be right, you would be the first I've seen to say it's a good idea and in the long run be right.

Thanks for your industry advise, it will be carefully considered.

I've seen DigitalOcean doing it at HF. Given that at this minute the sticky ads there cost more than they return, and it's pissing so many people off as there's nothing else to nit pick on, we have discontinued it.

Reasons? Sure.

I have NEVER seen a VPS as fast as ours, not at this price. It completely blows out of the water any provider I have tried and leaders. Stability? We've got that too, but I guess you'll argue we haven't been around enough.

As for @tester4, I'll personally arrange him a free 5 month trial, no initial deposit. That's why I wanted him to PM me.

Try us - it's literally free money with the voucher above.

• It's hard to give up a free VPS, I'm going to take @Synatiq up on his offer and keep everyone updated on my experience with the company. I will say that from the looks of it, everything does seem premium quality. The site design is nice, support is fast and the network is good (albeit not exactly PREMIUM routing in terms of transit providers). The HF post definitely hurt your sales but as done with Michael recently. He made a mistake, a simple mistake and has learned from it without getting absolutely roasted by LET. I am willing to give this guy that same chance.

Thanked by 1Synatiq
  • @Synatiq said:

I have NEVER seen a VPS as fast as ours, not at this price. It completely blows out of the water any provider I have tried and leaders.

You sure?

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • SynatiqSynatiq Member
    edited February 2020

@cybertech said:

@Synatiq said:

I have NEVER seen a VPS as fast as ours, not at this price. It completely blows out of the water any provider I have tried and leaders.

You sure?

You’re not getting a free server :).

• @Synatiq said:

@cybertech said:

@Synatiq said:

You sure?

You’re not getting a free server :).

Why would I want a free server?

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited February 2020

Synatiq said: I have NEVER seen a VPS as fast as ours, not at this price. It completely blows out of the water any provider I have tried and leaders.

LOL! You're kidding, right? I suggest you try a Ryzen VPS from one of the many awesome providers here who provide AMD such as @Delong (Bandit Host) @seriesn (Nexus Bytes) @MikeA (ExtraVM) - you can't possibly beat that with any Intel CPU.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, keep that in mind.

• @dahartigan said:

Synatiq said: I have NEVER seen a VPS as fast as ours, not at this price. It completely blows out of the water any provider I have tried and leaders.

LOL! You're kidding, right? I suggest you try a Ryzen VPS from one of the many awesome providers here who provide AMD such as @Delong (Bandit Host) @seriesn (Nexus Bytes) @MikeA (ExtraVM) - you can't possibly beat that with any Intel CPU.

I haven’t tried a Ryzen provider. But I know it’d be hard to beat our drive speeds and bandwidth at this price.

• @Synatiq said:

@dahartigan said:

I haven’t tried a Ryzen provider. But I know it’d be hard to beat our drive speeds and bandwidth at this price.

Well, on CPU speed alone a Ryzen will destroy even the most premium Intel CPU. It's a fact, and again, if I'm talking shit I will be happy to admit I'm wrong.

Your drive speeds are nice from the DD results you show, but not what I'd consider unbeatable.

10gbit network is always nice, but you aren't the only horse in this race with a 10 gig uplink.

I'm busting your balls because this thread is tacky and your reaction is interesting. Since I don't intend to sample your wares, and my posting is probably coming across at the very least borderline dickish, I'll bow out from this conversation and leave you to it.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited February 2020

@dahartigan said:

@Synatiq said:

@dahartigan said:

Well, on CPU speed alone a Ryzen will destroy even the most premium Intel CPU. It's a fact, and again, if I'm talking shit I will be happy to admit I'm wrong.

Your drive speeds are nice from the DD results you show, but not what I'd consider unbeatable.

10gbit network is always nice, but you aren't the only horse in this race with a 10 gig uplink.

I'm busting your balls because this thread is tacky and your reaction is interesting. Since I don't intend to sample your wares, and my posting is probably coming across at the very least borderline dickish, I'll bow out from this conversation and leave you to it.

I'm still here because it's interesting to see Sydney "come back in stock" at 10gbps.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited February 2020

@Synatiq said:
    I have NEVER seen a VPS as fast as ours, not at this price. It completely blows out of the water any provider I have tried and leaders. Stability? We've got that too, but I guess you'll argue we haven't been around enough.

LOL. You are telling this in front of a market full of low-enders. You overestimated your VPS. Anyway, performance will certainly be great when the host is still not fully utilised yet.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2020

The DigitalOcean HackForums thing mentioned was probably just someone trying to get affiliate $$. I really can't imagine DigitalOcean needing to advertise on a forum like that when they're a rather big company. Anyway, people that advertise there can run a real business, last time I ever used that site it was full of undesirable people though... no real hackers there anyway lol.

Maybe add more bandwidth and the plans might attract more people, 1TB on 10G doesn't go too far!

• MikeA said: The DigitalOcean HackForums thing mentioned was probably just someone trying to get affiliate $$. I really can't imagine DigitalOcean needing to advertise on a forum like that when they're a rather big company.

I can't find any legitimate ad/sticky if I try to search for it, all I get are people selling fraud student coupons and carded account credit.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited February 2020

Bro,
    There are many great providers here, Such as Fran/Nick/MikeA etc who has been nothing but stable and top of the line providers for years! I wouldn't say that unless I was 100% positive. Really rude remarks man. Really rude remarks.

Synatiq said: I have NEVER seen a VPS as fast as ours, not at this price. It completely blows out of the water any provider I have tried and leaders

Synatiq said: [root@benchmarking ~]# sync; dd if=/dev/zero of=tempfile bs=1M count=1024; sync
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.27676 s, 841 MB/s
    [root@benchmarking ~]# dd if=tempfile of=/dev/null bs=1M count=1024
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 0.715453 s, 1.5 GB/s
    [root@benchmarking ~]# sudo /sbin/sysctl -w vm.drop_caches=3
    vm.drop_caches = 3
    [root@benchmarking ~]# dd if=tempfile of=/dev/null bs=1M count=1024
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 0.606559 s, 1.8 GB/s

>

[root@benchtest]# sync; dd if=/dev/zero of=tempfile bs=1M count=1024; sync
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 0.518217 s, 2.1 GB/s
    [root@benchtest]# dd if=tempfile of=/dev/null bs=1M count=1024
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 0.139481 s, 7.7 GB/s
    [root@benchtest]# sudo /sbin/sysctl -w vm.drop_caches=3
    vm.drop_caches = 3
    [root@benchtest]# dd if=tempfile of=/dev/null bs=1M count=1024
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 0.334573 s, 3.2 GB/s

Thanked by 2cybertech dahartigan
  • @hzr said:

MikeA said: The DigitalOcean HackForums thing mentioned was probably just someone trying to get affiliate $$. I really can't imagine DigitalOcean needing to advertise on a forum like that when they're a rather big company.

I can't find any legitimate ad/sticky if I try to search for it, all I get are people selling fraud student coupons and carded account credit.

Pmsl, people are still selling carded hosting these days?

• hzrhzr Member
    edited February 2020

dahartigan said: Pmsl, people are still selling carded hosting these days?

Yeah, "preactivated" user/pass with non-student "account credit" on everyone's favourite legitimate marketplace, selly.

I'm drinking a bottle of tea while waiting for this thread, because I'd be interested in some of the non-UK locations at 10G.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@hzr said:
    I'm drinking a bottle of tea while waiting for this thread, because I'd be interested in some of the non-UK locations at 10G.

Very looking forward to 10G on SG. I would be happy even if it reached half of it.

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited February 2020

@hzr said:

dahartigan said: Pmsl, people are still selling carded hosting these days?

Yeah, "preactivated" user/pass with non-student "account credit" on everyone's favourite legitimate marketplace, selly.

Me too, a slow wait for the whiskey ice to melt.

At the same time wondering if I should bench a 6core VPS against my quad vCPU 3800x

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Here on LET, from what I have observed, a good provider needs to have good PR and interact humbly with the community. You can’t be arrogant and be full of yourself and/or your services.