Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[LEB] Chris Niedojadlo is back on LEB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[LEB] Chris Niedojadlo is back on LEB

crosspost from lowendspirit.

Hello,

After some digging, I found that some old company by Chris Niedojadlo is back on LEB. The company in question is cheapwindowsvps.com.

Some background info on who this Chris is: https://vpsboard.com/threads/solveddos-com-is-another-chris-niedojadlo-and-servermania-shell-company.2918/#post-42624

tl;dr he ran a lot of companies which advertised side-by-side on LEB, is a good friend/one of the initial customers of Chris Fabozzi and some of these "shell" companies have gone bankrupt in the past. Mainly based out of CC-locations.

This ring any bells with anyone? No?

Anyway, here's some proof.

First off, note that, according to the LEB-listing, cheapwindowsvps was founded in 2015.

Now note the google analytics id used on the site in 2017: UA-35433042-13

Now, note the google analytics id used on both ssdvps.com (still active today, listed as a Niedojadlo company in the vpsboard post), and the one on his personal blog (inactive today), niedojadlo.net: UA-35433042-9 and UA-35433042-3 (for the blog one you need to use some archive.org magic

Now, for some reason this was never picked up by ColoCrossing's vetting team (if any), which is part of the Deluxe corporation umbrella for quite some time now.

Quoting the wiki page for the Deluxe corporation:

Deluxe Corporation is an American small business financial services company. Deluxe produces personal and business checks, logo design, website development, hosting, email marketing, social media management, search engine marketing and fraud protection services.

Emphasis mine.

Note that this company is not "new" in any way. It just wasn't being advertised on LEB for a while, during which other shitty hosts were advertised.

If you want to take anything away from this post, the tl;dr here is "LEB is a site promoting known scammers and any hosts that are currently being featured there should really question their decision to do so. And you should question whether you want to host with such a company".

Comments

• same guy from caratnetworks? I used to have a server with them in 2010-2012.. never an issue back then.

• SynatiqSynatiq Member
    edited January 2020

Translated from Slavic languages his surname means “Hasn’t had enough to eat”

Thanked by 2uptime MrPsycho
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Scammers paradise.

Don't know why no one filed for an official police investigation related to the previous 20 hosts being shutdown and now this. It seems as if it is all a fraud based business activity involving the big fish to gain more money.

@jbiloh, you got any say on this? any wild guess why all scammy hosts are advertised via LEB?

Its still time to leave the sinking boat and jump to save your life, the scammy business operations would definitely uncover sooner or later.

• Reposting what I have written elsewhere

How many Chris exist in the LEB world?
    CVPs Chris
    Chris Fabrozzi (sp?)
    Chris Niedojadlo

Wonder if they should rename ColoCrossing
    As

Chris Crossing

• The nature of LEBs interests to post something more unique can be scammy by itself. Different is not always sustainable, in fact the leaders taught us it definitely isn’t. You’d be surprised how many of the company owners there are under 20 with no previous experience or an ability to manage finances. When you live in Eastern Europe, good luck to Paypal and all the gateways to claim their negative balance back too. A cheap hosting “business” is pretty simple to build, it can be done in a day.

The consumer is also the problem in a way. Everyone looses it over a $7 a year. It should be obvious that it’s not sustainable, and LEB should probably not post them.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@Synatiq said:
    The nature of LEBs interests to post something more unique can be scammy by itself. Different is not always sustainable, in fact the leaders taught us it definitely isn’t. You’d be surprised how many of the company owners there are under 20 with no previous experience or an ability to manage finances. When you live in Eastern Europe, good luck to Paypal and all the gateways to claim their negative balance back too. A cheap hosting “business” is pretty simple to build, it can be done in a day.

The consumer is also the problem in a way. Everyone looses it over a $7 a year. It should be obvious that it’s not sustainable, and LEB should probably not post them.

LEB posts scams almost exclusively, that's the problem. There's pretty much no moderation.

• @FHR said:

@Synatiq said:
    The nature of LEBs interests to post something more unique can be scammy by itself. Different is not always sustainable, in fact the leaders taught us it definitely isn’t. You’d be surprised how many of the company owners there are under 20 with no previous experience or an ability to manage finances. When you live in Eastern Europe, good luck to Paypal and all the gateways to claim their negative balance back too. A cheap hosting “business” is pretty simple to build, it can be done in a day.

LEB posts scams almost exclusively, that's the problem. There's pretty much no moderation.

The moderators are the ones that are posting the scammy shit. Look at some of the stuff I posted in the 20+ companies going belly-up thread, it's not pretty.

• @teamacc said:

@FHR said:

@Synatiq said:

The moderators are the ones that are posting the scammy shit. Look at some of the stuff I posted in the 20+ companies going belly-up thread, it's not pretty.

Scammy is always attractive. No one would visit LEB if it wasn't scammy. They should introduce a regulation where companies under a certain age can't submit offers too cheap. I'd even recommend something more thorough like checking the provider's monthly cost. Given that they only post 1 offer a day, it shouldn't be too hard.

Cheap is the biggest factor and yet everyone ignores it.

• @Synatiq said:

@teamacc said:

@FHR said:

@Synatiq said:

Scammy is always attractive. No one would visit LEB if it wasn't scammy. They should introduce a regulation where companies under a certain age can't submit offers too cheap. I'd even recommend something more thorough like checking the provider's monthly cost. Given that they only post 1 offer a day, it shouldn't be too hard.

Cheap is the biggest factor and yet everyone ignores it.

Please note the below image.

Note that all companies in red did go belly-up, about 2 weeks after black friday happened.

Also note that all companies in red were owned by the same person, and ColoCrossing was aware of this.

• @teamacc said:
    (https://i.gyazo.com/21549323ac9c83a887e19ac82dbcdd95.png)

Note that all companies in red did go belly-up, about 2 weeks after black friday happened.

Also note that all companies in red were owned by the same person, and ColoCrossing was aware of this.

Holy f**k that's a lot of deadpooling.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited January 2020

Synatiq said: Scammy is always attractive. No one would visit LEB if it wasn't scammy.

With all due respect, wrong.

They should introduce a regulation where companies under a certain age can't submit offers too cheap.

So, how do you expect a new host to enter the market? Usually, cheap plans are part of the marketing budget/loss leaders to attract new customers and build a reputation for a business.

I'd even recommend something more thorough like checking the provider's monthly cost. Given that they only post 1 offer a day, it shouldn't be too hard.

It is impossible to moderate that. What is cheap in Europe, is expensive in India. Plus you can not honestly know someone's monthly expenses or business overheads. And to add, Business 101, ROI is 12-24 months. This means, almost any new business won't get their investment back (unless super lucky) within a couple of months of operations. What is lost today, will be gained tomorrow.

I am not taking CC's side. Hell, I have been here long enough to see Big boys go burst and small players become winning Pony.

Back to topic, I have serious doubts in Deluxes trade mark fraud/scam detection system.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • avoid LowEndBox .