Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS 30TB bandwidth
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS 30TB bandwidth

I need a high bandwidth vps with either 1 dedicated or 2 50% cores. 1gb ram and 1ipv6. Port speed would need to be 100mbit+. Need USD pricing

I would like less then 5$/m but open to offers

I checked scaleaway but non USD payment same with Hetzner

Thanks

Comments

• mlcmlc Member
    edited January 2020

Bandwidth Abuse Warning. :sweat:
    I recommend you to choose a dedicated server.

• @mlc said:

I am being up front about what I am going to use so it shouldn't be abuse

• Check our promotional site.
    Quite a few unmetered plans available

• @HostDoc said:
    Check our promotional site.
    Quite a few unmetered plans available

Is the 20/unmetered plan in DE still available, Promo site shows in stock billing says out of stock?

• Are you avoiding some charges related to exchange rates or what? I have never had issues paying in other currencies with my credit card.

If you can pay in EUR, look at netcup.de VPS and root servers.

• @mlc said:

??? You do know that dedicated servers have bandwidth limits, too, right? There's not much difference as either VPS or dedicated will have a limit (or unlimited) specified for given price.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@TimboJones said:

@mlc said:

??? You do know that dedicated servers have bandwidth limits, too, right? There's not much difference as either VPS or dedicated will have a limit (or unlimited) specified for given price.

But $5 dedicated server is almost impossible. Also for a VPS 30TB is almost an abuse as most of VPS comes with fair usage policy..

Thanked by 1mlc
  • Dedicated server it is.> @Reaperofpower said:

@mlc said:

I am being up front about what I am going to use so it shouldn't be abuse

• why do you Need USD pricing, can you clear that up

• You guys realize that 30TB is not even 100mbit 24/7 for a month on average right? And considering many hosts are providing 1gbit lines, 30TB is not an abusive level. It may be more than the 1TB that DigitalOcean or others provider, but my own OVH server comes with that much storage and it's expected to transfer the same amount regularly.
    My hosting company would gladly sell you a VPS for this traffic level, however I am not registered as a seller here, so once they approve me, then we can talk.

• @RemoteControl said:
    You guys realize that 30TB is not even 100mbit 24/7 for a month on average right? And considering many hosts are providing 1gbit lines, 30TB is not an abusive level. It may be more than the 1TB that DigitalOcean or others provider, but my own OVH server comes with that much storage and it's expected to transfer the same amount regularly.
    My hosting company would gladly sell you a VPS for this traffic level, however I am not registered as a seller here, so once they approve me, then we can talk.

Bold claim bud! Very bold claim.

So let met get this straight,
    @1Gbit Dedicated connection, you are pushing ~295TB/mo. For the sake of easy math, let’s call it 300TB.

300/30 = 10.

10 VPSx5 = 50 bucks. And that leaves you with nothing for the hostnode.

With that pricing, I don’t think any one is running a business but rather running charity.

Boss, Your business, your choice of course. But please don’t claim that this is possible for a sustainable average host to offer on a regular basis. Unless of course, we are talking about over committing ;). Sets the expectations wrong. This is the exact reason why grocery stores makes nothing when they sell a gallon of milk :)

Thanked by 2maverickp mlc
  • @ViridWeb said:
    But $5 dedicated server is almost impossible. Also for a VPS 30TB is almost an abuse as most of VPS comes with fair usage policy..

You’re making a really big blanket statement here.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited January 2020

@RemoteControl said:
    You guys realize that 30TB is not even 100mbit 24/7 for a month on average right? And considering many hosts are providing 1gbit lines, 30TB is not an abusive level. It may be more than the 1TB that DigitalOcean or others provider, but my own OVH server comes with that much storage and it's expected to transfer the same amount regularly.

i hope you get your tag soon.

so i can use 30TB for $5

Thanked by 2Falzo uptime
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@doghouch said:

@ViridWeb said:

You’re making a really big blanket statement here.

Well he's looking for either 1 dedicated or 2 GPS with 50% cores.
    It's really tough for providers expt those online.net offers.. even they are more than $5
    Also he is looking for 30TB per month on a vps within $5/month

Don't you think 30TB traffic on a vps is abuse the resources?
    I know may providers here have unlimited traffic but they may impose some kind of fair usage policy

Thanked by 1mlc
  • @ViridWeb said:

Maybe? Probably? Usually?

But not necessarily.

If I'm rocking a 4 GB slice from buyvm for $15/m ... then I am free and clear for 24/7 (on average) 100 mbit/s so even a bit more than 30 TB in a month.

So, safer to say: it depends ....

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited January 2020

@ViridWeb

Also he is looking for 30TB per month on a vps within $5/month

This is what you said initially:

1) $5 dedicated servers were unreasonable
    2) 30 TB = an abuse of resources

There is no mention of price here. This is why I called it a “blanket statement” — it is unreasonable to make such an assumption for every VPS on the market.

No? For example, @Francisco has unmetered plans and I’m sure Cogent wouldn’t even notice the 10 MB/s going through.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

doghouch said: No? For example, @Francisco has unmetered plans and I’m sure Cogent wouldn’t even notice the 10 MB/s going through.

We have people that push the 100mbit per 4GB policy to the limit all day every day.

We'll be upgrading all nodes to 10Gbit very soon.

Francisco

• FastmakoFastmako Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2020

We offer unlimited plans, starting 2.5 euro per month. Check our website: fastmako.com

Thanked by 1default
  • I'm with BuyVM and I'm happily using ~50Mbits (~15TB/mon) with no problem. Not all bandwidth / traffic are billed equal, I'm perfectly fine with cheap bandwidth.

I'm also using scaleway starting this month. Will likely be billed 2.99 euro for unmetered 200mbits network every month.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@msg7086 said:
    I'm with BuyVM and I'm happily using ~50Mbits (~15TB/mon) with no problem. Not all bandwidth / traffic are billed equal, I'm perfectly fine with cheap bandwidth.

I'm also using scaleway starting this month. Will likely be billed 2.99 euro for unmetered 200mbits network every month.

If you get slow speeds, may just spawn another and try until you get a decent one.
    People report mixed reviews about these cheap ones, sometimes you are fucked, sometimes it works fine.

Thanked by 2uptime cybertech
  • @painfreepc said:
    why do you Need USD pricing, can you clear that up

USD due to the Exchange fee. 2.5 EURO is really more like 5 USD for me with Paypal. so If I get an order with USD then fewer fees to pay.

• @seriesn said:

@RemoteControl said:

@1Gbit Dedicated connection, you are pushing ~295TB/mo. For the sake of easy math, let’s call it 300TB.

300/30 = 10.

With that pricing, I don’t think any one is running a business but rather running charity.

Boss, Your business, your choice of course. But please don’t claim that this is possible for a sustainable average host to offer on a regular basis. Unless of course, we are talking about over committing ;). Sets the expectations wrong. This is the exact reason why grocery stores makes nothing when they sell a gallon of milk :)

1. Op mentioned 100Mbps+ port speed, not 1Gbps.

2. No, that is not an example of grocery stores selling milk at cost. That's called a loss leader, to get people into the grocery store and buy more groceries that have higher markups. Milk is discounted for expiry all the time because there's more milk than demand, the opposite of shared bandwidth and ports.

The better argument is residential broadband. Every single customer cannot max their connections or use unlimited data 24/7, it's just physically impossible.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @TimboJones said:

@seriesn said:

@RemoteControl said:

300/30 = 10.

1. Op mentioned 100Mbps+ port speed, not 1Gbps.

2. No, that is not an example of grocery stores selling milk at cost. That's called a loss leader, to get people into the grocery store and buy more groceries that have higher markups. Milk is discounted for expiry all the time because there's more milk than demand, the opposite of shared bandwidth and ports.

The better argument is residential broadband. Every single customer cannot max their connections or use unlimited data 24/7, it's just physically impossible.

Haha totally agree with you :).

My response was more towards the claim our new friend made, that's all :)

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @Neoon said:

If you get slow speeds, may just spawn another and try until you get a decent one.
    People report mixed reviews about these cheap ones, sometimes you are fucked, sometimes it works fine.

So far scaleway has been doing well for me. I'm pushing 50Mbit/s combined (25 in 25 out) and handling 3 million requests per day. I'd say it's worth every penny of it.

• RemoteControlRemoteControl Member
    edited January 2020

@seriesn said:

@RemoteControl said:

300/30 = 10.

I will gladly provide your with one of our free PoW "proof of words" sample test servers. You'll also have to wait for my vendor tag though as I can't yet sell or give the company name.
    I am running my VPS servers under a usage based model. You can either use a lot of upstream bandwidth or a lot of CPU/memory resources, for example running a 8 x CPU vCore 3.8GHz on our budget Threadripper 2990wx server, you can either get high performance or high throughput variants such as 100mbit unmetered 8CPU, 250mbit unmeted 6CPU, 500mbit unmeted 4CPU, or 1gbit AUP (33TB per month) 2CPU. So each server I operate, has a mix of 50/50 bandwidth and CPU intensive users on it. I set the uplink speed directly to 250-1000 depending on the service level. This allows me to sell the resources in a way that gives each server a physical and bandwidth headroom of ~40-60, while putting the high CPU users and low bandwidth users together, and the low CPU and high bandwidth people together, and peering them with different upstreams depending on the usage. When I see "abuse" I just switch the user's entire container over to a different node, route their same IP from another location, and they will not even have service interruption aside from maybe 5 seconds. SLA is pretty good.
    The locations we setup for these cheap 1gbit connections are bandwidth clearing houses located in Germany, France, Romania, Ukraine and Seattle USA, and the're the cheapest of the cheapest I could find. The most expensive being the Ukraine in terms of hardware rental costs, but the cheapest in terms of hosting semi-abusive customers and not getting dropped from your upstreams.
    We make each VPS's health status publicly available, in terms of % of overall capacity, and I've usually kept the transfer volume between 150-200TB up/down on my "unmetered" 1gbit upstreams, and so far the providers have been happy with me, since I handle the abuse cases very quickly they never get complaints. The key here is running your own AS# and setting up BGP routes that designate abuse to yourself, so that way you can aggressively sell bandwidth while buying it at very cheap rates. I will say that we have both OVH and online.net for people that end up only using their servers as seedboxes, but we also host at Seattle-IX and NetAssist in the Ukraine and Turkish Telecom in Romania for our sketchy IP abuse scriptkiddie customers. I will PM you with offers when I am allowed to. Thanks

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited January 2020

@RemoteControl said:

@seriesn said:

@RemoteControl said:

300/30 = 10.

I will gladly provide your with one of our free PoW "proof of words" sample test servers. You'll also have to wait for my vendor tag though as I can't yet sell or give the company name.
    I am running my VPS servers under a usage based model. You can either use a lot of upstream bandwidth or a lot of CPU/memory resources, for example running a 8 x CPU vCore 3.8GHz on our budget Threadripper 2990wx server, you can either get high performance or high throughput variants such as 100mbit unmetered 8CPU, 250mbit unmeted 6CPU, 500mbit unmeted 4CPU, or 1gbit AUP (33TB per month) 2CPU. So each server I operate, has a mix of 50/50 bandwidth and CPU intensive users on it. I set the uplink speed directly to 250-1000 depending on the service level. This allows me to sell the resources in a way that gives each server a physical and bandwidth headroom of ~40-60, while putting the high CPU users and low bandwidth users together, and the low CPU and high bandwidth people together, and peering them with different upstreams depending on the usage. When I see "abuse" I just switch the user's entire container over to a different node, route their same IP from another location, and they will not even have service interruption aside from maybe 5 seconds. SLA is pretty good.
    We make each VPS's health status publicly available, in terms of % of overall capacity, and I've usually kept the transfer volume to 200TB up/down on my "unmetered" 1gbit upstreams, and so far the providers have been happy with me, since I handle the abuse cases very quickly they never get complaints. The key here is running your own AS# and setting up BGP routes that designate abuse to yourself, so that way you can aggressively sell bandwidth while buying it at very cheap rates. I will say that we have both OVH and online.net for people that end up only using their servers as seedboxes, but we also host at Seattle-IX and NetAssist in the Ukraine and Turkish Telecom in Romania for our sketchy IP abuse scriptkiddie customers. I will PM you with offers when I am allowed to. Thanks

My man,
    The question wasn’t can it be offered. My question is, can you offer

1 dedicated
    1gb Ram
    33 TB Bandwidth for

less then 5$/m

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited January 2020

@RemoteControl said:

@seriesn said:

@RemoteControl said:

300/30 = 10.

The locations we setup for these cheap 1gbit connections are bandwidth clearing houses located in Germany, France, Romania, Ukraine and Seattle USA, and the're the cheapest of the cheapest I could find. The most expensive being the Ukraine in terms of hardware rental costs, but the cheapest in terms of hosting semi-abusive customers and not getting dropped from your upstreams.
    We make each VPS's health status publicly available, in terms of % of overall capacity, and I've usually kept the transfer volume between 150-200TB up/down on my "unmetered" 1gbit upstreams, and so far the providers have been happy with me, since I handle the abuse cases very quickly they never get complaints. The key here is running your own AS# and setting up BGP routes that designate abuse to yourself, so that way you can aggressively sell bandwidth while buying it at very cheap rates. I will say that we have both OVH and online.net for people that end up only using their servers as seedboxes, but we also host at Seattle-IX and NetAssist in the Ukraine and Turkish Telecom in Romania for our sketchy IP abuse scriptkiddie customers. I will PM you with offers when I am allowed to. Thanks

Can't wait to get on 2990wx 2vcore pushing Linux Isos at 30TB monthly for $5! Definitely gonna set up a download mirror fo dat.

We gonna have a new platinum provider here soon :)

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

You make me so tempted to approve your provider tag. But I would prefer if it can be lowered down to $2/m.

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @RemoteControl said:

@seriesn said:

@RemoteControl said:

300/30 = 10.

I will gladly provide

Please provide white space next time. K, thx, bye.