Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[RamNode] Cloud SSD VPS on OpenStack! Get an Extra 25% Cloud Credit! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[RamNode] Cloud SSD VPS on OpenStack! Get an Extra 25% Cloud Credit!

2»

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited January 2020

@Nick_A said:

@MikePT said:

@Nick_A said:
    Please open a ticket and we'll take a look :smile:

I wish I had that luck.
    Asked to reprovision as KVM, or any other chance to get it to run the latest Debian, was able to upgrade it, but staff denied the conversion or whatever, forwarded me to the standard KVM's.

Were you trying to go VZ > KVM? PM me your ticket number if you'd like.

I run a small VZ (purchased in January, 2015), so it's been 5 years! :)

Although, it ran a very old debian version, and those upgrades in OpenVZ don't work that well sometimes, so I've asked if it was possible for you guys to redeploy the VM as a KVM.

And would also save the hassle for one less vm to convert from OVZ6, to OVZ7 or KVM.

Ticket is: #522628 - KVM

Do note: I pay cheap, and the service has been superb. I didn't expect much with the ticket, but it was worth the try.
    I ended up upgrading the OS to the latest Debian, though I'm afraid that it won't boot if I reboot it! :P

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Hi @Nick_A I'm your client since 2013 and probably one of your most senior client here ! Any loyalty bonus I can expect!? :wink:

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @niceboy said:
    Hi @Nick_A I'm your client since 2013 and probably one of your most senior client here ! Any loyalty bonus I can expect!? :wink:

Registration Date 2012/11/21

Beat you there :) Too bad I didn't know that you could get some love by submitting a ticket. I cancelled the old VZ plan a couple months ago since it was getting too old. It was super super solid for all these years, so I kind of feel bad I cancelled actually...

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @Nick_A said:
    Please open a ticket and we'll take a look :smile:

ticket is #411154

thanks

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Wow, all the 2012-13 clients are now gonna flood the ticket system :lol:
    Sadly I regularly recycle my vps so I don't have any of those pre-historic vps anymore. :wink:

@Nick_A Still waiting for you to come to Asia location (SG).

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @Ataurbd said:
    Sadly I regularly recycle my vps so I don't have any of those pre-historic vps anymore. :wink:

This is my 3rd year with RamNode's 128MB SVZ and even in 2020 it does exactly what I need it to -- private IPv6 VPN and static web server. For $15/yr with practically 100% uptime, there's really not much more I can ask for ;)

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @Crab said:
    Registration Date 2012/11/21

Beat you there :) Too bad I didn't know that you could get some love by submitting a ticket. I cancelled the old VZ plan a couple months ago since it was getting too old. It was super super solid for all these years, so I kind of feel bad I cancelled actually...

Bad luck.

Thanks Ramnode for the freebie!

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • How much for fully managed vps?

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

zomby1 said: How much for fully managed vps?

Not in our offerings at the moment.