Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SSD/NVMe VPS in US, CA, FR, UK, AU, SGP starting @ 3.50/m
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SSD/NVMe VPS in US, CA, FR, UK, AU, SGP starting @ 3.50/m

MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

ExtraVM LLC (Texas) - https://extravm.com/
High Frequency NVMe & SSD VPS in many locations around the world, with Ryzen coming to most locations in the near future (clients are occasionally migrated to newer hardware.)

KVM Game plans - https://extravm.com/game-vps.php
KVM Standard plans - https://extravm.com/vps.php
* All locations except Texas have access to the OVH DDoS protection and network firewalls, KVM Game plans have access to the special Game Firewall.

512MB RAM DDR4 ECC
6GB SSD (7GB for non-game plans)
1 CPU Core
1TB Bandwidth @ 200Mbps
1 IPv4, 1 IPv6
$3.50 /month

1GB RAM DDR4 ECC
13GB SSD (15GB for non-game plans)
1 CPU Core
3TB Bandwidth @ 500Mbps to 10Gbps
$5.00 - $6.00 /month

Use promo "LET10" for 10% off recurring or "25SWITCH" for 25% off first month.

Notes
Hardware varies per location, view hardware information for every location and service here:
https://extravm.com/billing/knowledgebase/31/What-hardware-do-you-use.html
Texas ~ Ryzen 3900X, 3950X
France ~ Ryzen 3800X (E-2136 for non-game, will eventually be replaced with 3800X)
Virginia, Canada, United Kingdom ~ i7-7700K (eventually replaced with Ryzen)
Singapore - i7-7700K
Australia - E3-1245v5
Texas VPS are connected at 1Gbps or 10Gbps. Singapore and Australia are connected at 200-250Mbps. All other locations are connected at 500Mbps soon to be upgraded to 1Gbps, in which case we will provide free bandwidth upgrades to all clients.

Looking Glass: https://bhs.lg.extravm.com
Use location selector at top to go to other locations.

All servers come with a 72 hour refund period no questions asked.

Thanked by 1uptime

Comments

• Wow, the new website is clean af

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • seriesnseriesn Member
    edited January 2020

@nextarray said:
    I looked over your website and see you offer dedicated servers, would you be interested in a new hosting provider or adding another one?

My man, first of all, welcome to LET. 2nd, have some manner. If you are going to solicit your service, please communicate privately. Don't spam someone's offer thread. Not cool.

@Jord Cleanup on aisle 9, please.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@nextarray said:
    I do apologize, I was just hoping to have some comm's about our services and theirs. Thank you for the information.

The only servers I focus on are Ryzen or i9 series now, the complete opposite from your stuff.

• Impressive..

@Sadcasm said:
    Impressive..

You are impressive.

• Nice redesign, @MikeA. The responsive site and large text is better for mobile device users.
    The "Datacenters" page is missing. Also, some of the images/icons/logo don't look crisp on 1080p displays.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep
    edited January 2020

seriesn said: @Jord Cleanup on aisle 9, please.

Clean up on aisle 9 completed boss.

@MikeA prem website sir, very prem indeed.

• probably need to add 250GB bandwidth for SGP

• Why are you blocking connections from the 89.42.31.0 subnet?

edited January 2020

@rchurch said:
    Why are you blocking connections from the 89.42.31.0 subnet?

If you're asking about the ExtraVM website, M247 network is blocked due to the abhorrent amount of orders used for illegal purposes or fraud. If you're using M247 as a home internet provider, it sucks, but their normal stuff is right alongside the massive VPN networks and there's no easy way to police it. If you have a static IP you can email [email protected] to have it whitelisted, but if it's a VPN or something I can't, sorry.

• @MikeA said:

@rchurch said:
    Why are you blocking connections from the 89.42.31.0 subnet?

If you're asking about the ExtraVM website, M247 network is blocked due to the abhorrent amount of orders used for illegal purposes or fraud. If you're using M247 as a home internet provider, it sucks, but their normal stuff is right alongside the massive VPN networks and there's no easy way to police it. If you have a static IP you can email [email protected] to have it whitelisted, but if it's a VPN or something I can't, sorry.

I understand this, but access to your site from their network is blocked altogether.

Most providers only turn down orders made from the network, they don't stop browsing their site itself.

Stopping the network from browsing is rather extreme. It is not as though I or other purchases knew of the network's reputation before purchasing a yearly VPS from the provider.

edited January 2020

@rchurch said:
    Stopping the network from browsing is rather extreme. It is not as though I or other purchases knew of the network's reputation before purchasing a yearly VPS from the provider.

If this is implying that you're using a VPN, then you'll just have to disable it if you want to access the site. Sorry, but I've dealt with way too much and blocking M247 as well as a few other networks makes my life much easier and keeps abuse away.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited January 2020

@MikeA said:

If this is implying that you're using a VPN, then you'll just have to disable it if you want to access the site. Sorry, but I've dealt with way too much and blocking M247 as well as a few other networks makes my life much easier and keeps abuse away.

Two weeks ago my office in coworking space (hint: starts with W). ExtraVM was blocked from their network. Had to use a VPN to access my account. Two days later, was able to access the site and login account page. Haven't checked recently (been OOO past couple of weeks) but thought of mentioning.

• How much for fully manage service?

@zomby1 said:
    How much for fully manage service?

not something I do, sorry.

Thanked by 1zomby1
  • How much % usage do we get out of each core for the vps packages?

edited February 2020

@stephfd21 said:
    How much % usage do we get out of each core for the vps packages?

There are no hard limits. I've never had to soft limit anyone for abusive CPU use, and since everything is moving to Ryzen soon that would never be a concern anyway. You can use the CPU in any way (except crypto mining...)

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited February 2020

@MikeA said:

@stephfd21 said:

There are no hard limits. I've never had to soft limit anyone for abusive CPU use, and since everything is moving to Ryzen soon that would never be a concern anyway. You can use the CPU in any way (except crypto mining...)

Will Singapore have Ryzen too? From your post it is probably obvious. That would be cool.

edited February 2020

@vyas11 said:

@MikeA said:

@stephfd21 said:

Will Singapore have Ryzen too? From your post it is probably obvious but wanted to do a double take.

Honestly I'm not sure, it's on OVH and I don't think they will have Ryzen (3800X or better) there for a while. As soon as they are it would be added and swapped.

• Nice design and price is little bit higher.

• @Sadcasm said:
    Nice design and price is little bit higher.

MikeA is a premium provider :-)

• @Sadcasm said:
    Nice design and price is little bit higher.

But super prem

• Hi @MikeA, have you got any UK VPS' going at this time?

• @MikeA would love to add one more vcore or a dedicated thread as an addon to one my current VM with you i wish you had this option... (ram, bandwidth and disk are enough with my current plans i just need more cpu power)

@WebGuru said:
    @MikeA would love to add one more vcore or a dedicated thread as an addon to one my current VM with you i wish you had this option... (ram, bandwidth and disk are enough with my current plans i just need more cpu power)

open a ticket and I'll add it as long as it's not Singapore location.

@flatiron said:
    Hi @MikeA, have you got any UK VPS' going at this time?

no deals, but UK is available.

• @MikeA said:

@WebGuru said:
    @MikeA would love to add one more vcore or a dedicated thread as an addon to one my current VM with you i wish you had this option... (ram, bandwidth and disk are enough with my current plans i just need more cpu power)

open a ticket and I'll add it as long as it's not Singapore location.

Great will do it now. Thanks!

• have windows vps sir

@Noobskid said:
    have windows vps sir

I don't support Windows or license it.

Thanked by 1uptime