Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows admin panels and recommendation?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows admin panels and recommendation?

Using Windows is new to me. I have two clients who need to use a lower end Windows server with .net and SQL Express. Can anyone recommend a control panel for this? I want to make mgt easier for me if possible. I want to be sure both users are isolated from each other. So far the only one I saw was Plesk. I am also planning on spinning this up on a slice from BuyVM - as both sites are minimal and the DBs are very small do you have any recommendations for which slice would be best? I do not have numbers of visits, etc but from what I can tell it is small. One site is only a form submission that is kept in the DB and some mgt behind it.

Thank you in advance for any help.

-G

Comments

• Go with Plesk, it has native .NET and SQL Express support. Get the cheapest possible Plesk license from https://www.znetlive.com/plesk/

• +1 for Plesk. It just works.

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

+1 for Plesk. One of the best for windows hosting control panel till date. For free one i have used websitepanel.net but i think the project is dead now. You can checkout https://mspcontrol.org/ too

• Plesk. Because well, you have no other choice.

• kaz050457kaz050457 Member
    edited January 2020

solidcp try its free

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Well there is always enkompass 😂

Thanked by 1td512
  • Thanks to everyone for the replies. I am going to try out Plesk. And thank you to @Synatiq for suggesting a reseller. Now to figure out which slice will work beat and for @Francisco to have some NY slices in stock.

• You know, I am a HUGE fan of Pesk right, but never used it on any Windows environment. I've always used Linux.

• @Jord said:

Hey! It's not that bad, is it?

• @td512 said:

@Jord said:

I've never used it but my buddy sitting in the cubicle over has because he saw me reading this post and asked what it was. He mentioned it got the job done but Plex was just easier and better for him.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@td512 said:

@Jord said:

That it being dead and no longer support sure 😂 it was never really that good in the first place.

• @FrequentNetworks said:

@td512 said:

@Jord said:

I've never used it but my buddy sitting in the cubicle over has because he saw me reading this post and asked what it was. He mentioned it got the job done but Plex was just easier and better for him.

Enkompass was cPanel for Windows haha. I still have a license!

• well , its not like that just plesk is an option for windows servers to manage , the other option is hosting controller is available there too.

• Definetly Plesk.