Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Providers with CF Magic Transit
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Providers with CF Magic Transit

Just post all providers you know I make them list here!

Comments

• BuyVM

• donkodonko Member
    edited January 2020

@Brend4n said:
    BuyVM

@Francisco ♥_♥ is this true?

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

+1 For Buyvm

• So... BuyVM?

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

Buyvm inbound to LV looking glass from Germany still looks like voxility for me. Interesting if they're adopting CF's product though

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2020

@jackb said:
    Buyvm inbound to LV looking glass from Germany still looks like voxility for me. Interesting if they're adopting CF's product though

Nope, only anycast.

All locations use Magic Transit for filtered ips.

EDIT - We're basically helping them build the product as we're the only host actively running it and carrying live customer traffic with it. We're helping them build a pretty good standard policy they'll use for most hosts. We've helped them focus on what features are good and what's fluff (pretty and nice but a time sink), helped them prioritize, as well as help them with a lot of packet captures.

The protection isn't perfect yet, still a lot of places to improve, but the network is pristine. It's so smooth that I legit forget it's in place.

Francisco

• nottynotty Member
    edited January 2020

What's the advantage of Magic Transit compared to e.g. Voxility? Can I assume that with Cloudflare's scale they have a bigger and better network?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@notty said:
    What's the advantage of Magic Transit compared to e.g. Voxility? Can I assume that with Cloudflare's scale they have a bigger and better network?

Yep, you use the full CF backbone, they announce your ranges across all their PoPs and filter at the edge. Way more capacity and flexibility than Voxility.

Thanked by 3notty malek vimalware

@trewq said:

@notty said:

Yep, you use the full CF backbone, they announce your ranges across all their PoPs and filter at the edge. Way more capacity and flexibility than Voxility.

As he said.

Voxility handles more flood types for now, but CF is making large strides. I figure within 6 months that CF will be on par to Voxility for additional flood types.

We've seen CF handle some very large attacks for us and again the network is extremely stable. If it wasn't for the invoices I'd forget we were using it.

Francisco

• Any dedicated server provider ?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Learntolive said:
    Any dedicated server provider ?

I wish, but I haven't seen any.

@MikeA said:

@Learntolive said:
    Any dedicated server provider ?

I wish, but I haven't seen any.

With us doing the major hardware upgrade soon I considered throwing some of the slice nodes up as dedi's with CF.

It's just very costly. Hosts should expect to spend a minimum of $5k/month for small levels of clean traffic, and in some cases be required to pay that a year upfront.

Unless you have some serious mark up and can eat that I see many hosts sticking to Voxility/Psychz as they handle things OK.

Francisco

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco Yeah, I don't see it happening for commonly priced servers, unless CloudFlare decided to fuck the server industry and do it themselves.

MikeA said: @Francisco Yeah, I don't see it happening for commonly priced servers, unless CloudFlare decided to fuck the server industry and do it themselves.

CF has a pretty set in stone 'minimum' price they're willing to go on services. It seems $5k/m is their floor but they're aiming higher. I think they fully intend to be closer to $10k/month for MT transit at any decent capacity.

I don't see them getting into dedicated servers due to the support overhead.

Francisco

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • hacktekhacktek Member
    edited January 2020

Wait what, hold up.

Does this mean that, with a BuyVM protected IP you basically use Argo to get from whichever Edge POP you happen to land on to the BuyVM instance in either of the 3 locations?

All that's needed is a protected IP?

EDIT: OK maybe not, looks like Argo can be integrated but it's not a given.

@Francisco can you elaborate?

@hacktek said:
    Wait what, hold up.

Does this mean that, with a BuyVM protected IP you basically use Argo to get from whichever Edge POP you happen to land on to the BuyVM instance in either of the 3 locations?

All that's needed is a protected IP?

It still has to go from CF->our network, but it is ARGO optimized from you to your VPS on the inbound route at least.

Francisco

Thanked by 1hacktek
  • Thanks for confirming. This sounds intriguing.

@hacktek said:
    Thanks for confirming. This sounds intriguing.

Its good :) Been extremely stable.

Francisco