Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS mainly for backups
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS mainly for backups

Hi all.

I'm looking for a VPS. Must be in Europe (prefer western Europe).
100GB hard disk space (doesn't need to be SSD)
1GB memory
1CPU
1TB bandwidth per month minimum
1 ipv4 and 1ipv6
perfer 1gb but 100mb/s port will suffice.
openvz capable of running CentOS 7
Annual payment terms

Please respond with offer and LG IP.

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2020

Would a NAT VPS also work for you (you could just use a custom FTP port for example). Just asking as this would probably be even cheaper.
    Other than that Contabo gives you lots of disk space for little money:

300GB SSD-boosted, 2 vCores, 4GB RAM, 100 Mbit/s, 1 IPv4 + IPv6 /64 for 3,99€/month.

• NelginNelgin Member
    edited January 2020

I would prefer a dedicated ipv4/ipv6, besides, that's more much more sources than I need/require.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2020

@Nelgin said:
    I would prefer a dedicated ipv4/ipv6.

Then, Contabo is probably as affordable as it gets. I think it's KVM though.

• So budget is lower than EUR 3,99

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

What about AlphaVPS?

If IPv6 isn't a necessity, I'd definitely recommend NexusBytes.

• NelginNelgin Member
    edited January 2020

@cybertech said:
    So budget is lower than EUR 3,99

I never mentioned a budget.

@thedp said:
    What about AlphaVPS?

AlphaVPS comes close but it's in Bulgaria. IPv6 is necessary or I wouldn't have mentioned I wanted ipv6.

Contabo has some options that look close.

• Poking around, liteservers have a 30% discount on a VPS that suits my needs so I think I'm going with them.

edited January 2020

@Nelgin said:

@cybertech said:
    So budget is lower than EUR 3,99

I never mentioned a budget.

@thedp said:
    What about AlphaVPS?

AlphaVPS comes close but it's in Bulgaria. IPv6 is necessary or I wouldn't have mentioned I wanted ipv6.

Contabo has some options that look close.

Well, you only stated you preferred a dedicated IPv4/IPv6, which does not necessarily mean that it was mandatory/compulsory.

Anyways, perhaps it's worth considering @LiteServer Storage VPS. They still have their 30% recurring discount code and they're prem.

LiteServer LG

Thanked by 2LiteServer Ympker
  • @thedp said:

Well, you only stated you preferred a dedicated IPv4/IPv6, which does not necessarily mean that it was mandatory/compulsory.

I said "perfer 1gb but 100mb/s port will suffice.".

I also said 1 ipv4 and 1 ipv6. I didnt' say 1 ipv4 and maybe an ipv6 if available. Thanks for your input.

@Nelgin said:

@thedp said:

I said "perfer 1gb but 100mb/s port will suffice.".

I also said 1 ipv4 and 1 ipv6. I didnt' say 1 ipv4 and maybe an ipv6 if available. Thanks for your input.

I was referring to this.

@Nelgin said:
    I would prefer a dedicated ipv4/ipv6, besides, that's more much more sources than I need/require.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited January 2020

In that case all above mentioned are out

Since none are openvz

And do specify what 1 CPU is, 1 vCPU, 1 core, 1 processor?

• I tied liteserver and cannot recommend them. They claim instant setup then 20 minutes later I get an email to say there's no capacity. I either get to wait for new hardware, take a lower capacity ssd then move over or get a refund. If you can't come through with instant setup, don't offer it. If the product isn't in stock then don't let me order it.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited January 2020

@cybertech said:
    In that case all above mentioned are out

Since none are openvz

And do specify what 1 CPU is, 1 vCPU, 1 core, 1 processor?

It’s only 345 days to Christmas.

Found three providers who have current offers that meet rather exceed OP’s golden standards.
    Except :smile:
    a. I don’t want to post LG IPs in vain
    b. I know how to use search function that shows one provider may have multi locations. One vps host recommended for example has 4 loc: 1 US, 2 Western Europe, 1 eastern Europe
    c. I know the meaning of Backorder which is currently mentioned on all of @LiteServer’s fine KVM plans. It is not for the impatient.
    d. To quote @deank too much PMS already

Oh, budget remains classified for some reason

• LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2020

@Nelgin said:
    I tied liteserver and cannot recommend them. They claim instant setup then 20 minutes later I get an email to say there's no capacity. I either get to wait for new hardware, take a lower capacity ssd then move over or get a refund. If you can't come through with instant setup, don't offer it. If the product isn't in stock then don't let me order it.

Our stock is already updated. But a few minutes before you ordered your VPS another large order has been processed and took all capacity that we had available - we already had new hardware on our way to expand our platform but it unfortunately hasn't arrived on time to avoid an out-of-stock situation.

Unfortunately this happens, we offered temporary solution(s) and we already refunded payment in minutes after our email. It is sad you need to post it here, we replied to you ticket/email in a timely manner.

So if you have some outstanding issues please contact us by email.

• ServerHunterServerHunter Member, Host Rep

I already linked it on IRC, but for everyone else in this topic:
    https://www.serverhunter.com/?search=2B6-538-F44 :)

Thanked by 1gazmull
  • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2020

Perhaps something like this might work? KVM based in Frankfurt, Germany

512 MB RAM
    250 GB HDD
    2 TB bandwidth per month
    2 CPU Cores on Fair Share allocation
    1 IPv4 and /64 of IPv6
    $25/year

https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=363

Test IPv4: 62.113.254.1
    Test IPv6: 2a00:f48:102::1

RAM can be upgraded for $1 per 512 MB per month if needed, upto 2 GB max per storage VPS.

1-Click OS install templates available for CentOS 6/7/8, Ubuntu 14.04/16.04/18.04/19.04/19.10, Debian 8/9/10 as well.

Thanked by 2cybertech vimalware
  • freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

Our Egg plan (https://freerangecloud.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=111) matches most of your specs and I could bump the HDD space to 100GB via ticket. There's a promo code which knocks it down to $30/yr

Looking glasses:
    Norway: http://osl.lg.freerangecloud.com/
    Netherlands: http://ams.lg.freerangecloud.com/

Thanked by 1dedimark
  • contabo 100GB vps is one of the cheapest you can get

• Hey Bud,
    Our storage 0.5T might fit your need :) (Germany)

https://nexusbytes.com/cart.php?gid=10

We have a 10% discount code on top of our annual payment discount , hovering in this forum :)

Join the family.

• @seriesn said:
    Hey Bud,

We have a 10% discount code on top of our annual payment discount , hovering in this forum :)

Join the family.

No ipv6 :-(

• @LiteServer said:
    Our stock is already updated. But a few minutes before you ordered your VPS another large order has been processed and took all capacity that we had available - we already had new hardware on our way to expand our platform but it unfortunately hasn't arrived on time to avoid an out-of-stock situation.

Unfortunately this happens, we offered temporary solution(s) and we already refunded payment in minutes after our email. It is sad you need to post it here, we replied to you ticket/email in a timely manner.

So if you have some outstanding issues please contact us by email.

I signed up. "Instant Setup" your front page says. I'm sorry, I'm not a mind reader. I don't know someone just minutes before me bought all your resources. I did mention here that you offered a temporary solution, however goes doesn't have the disk space that I require. A refund was processed very timely thank you. However I still wasted valuable time signing up, and waiting for service to activate and now I have to go through the process again with another company.

• Lulz ...

• Most 1Gb RAM VPS offer disk space 500GB and above. I'd say go with Ultravps, unless getting a yearly payment discount matters to you.

Thanked by 1UltraVPS
  • SH_DreamSH_Dream Member, Host Rep

I'm currently out of the office but I may can provide you what you want in Switzerland.

• @freerangecloud said:
    Our Egg plan (https://freerangecloud.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=111) matches most of your specs and I could bump the HDD space to 100GB via ticket. There's a promo code which knocks it down to $30/yr

Promo code? I couldn't find one. How much extra is the 100GB?

• To put this to a close, I went with INIZ which is actually one of my current VPS providers. I generally don't want the same provider that I'm using for services as my backup in case they pull the plug on everything in one go.

However their 1yr VZ-1024 is everything I need except 20GB less and they can provide that for £1pm . I've been really happy with INIZ. It's been solid and very little if no downtime.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @vyas11 said:

@seriesn said:
    Hey Bud,

Join the family.

No ipv6 :-(

Only NY. But crap, missed that detail. :(

• @rchurch said:
    Most 1Gb RAM VPS offer disk space 500GB and above. I'd say go with Ultravps, unless getting a yearly payment discount matters to you.

Most? Umm, no.

• To put this to a close, budget is indeed lower than EUR 3,99

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • Talk to @cociu. He can definitely try to meet your budget.