Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Cloud Free 10 EUR Credit - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Cloud Free 10 EUR Credit

2»

Comments

• Unfortunately the wording of the original tweet led me to believe I could sign up, create a server then claim the coupon. I was wrong. :(

Thanked by 1lowfatgeek
  • @Mic-hael said:
    Unfortunately the wording of the original tweet led me to believe I could sign up, create a server then claim the coupon. I was wrong. :(

probably the new user check is done poorly and relies on no services created. I'd put in a ticket to ask about. @Hetzner_OL Katie suggested the same on twitter to someone else.

that said looking at the replies there one can clearly see how such a promo can backfire in terms of publicity. more or less only disappointed clients commenting - if that's what marketing hoped for?

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited January 2020

@Falzo said:

@Mic-hael said:
    Unfortunately the wording of the original tweet led me to believe I could sign up, create a server then claim the coupon. I was wrong. :(

probably the new user check is done poorly and relies on no services created. I'd put in a ticket to ask about. @Hetzner_OL Katie suggested the same on twitter to someone else.

that said looking at the replies there one can clearly see how such a promo can backfire in terms of publicity. more or less only disappointed clients commenting - if that's what marketing hoped for?

I put in a ticket originally and they said I'm not eligible. I clarified my reasoning but I have no beef if they get back with the same message.

Just kindly asked for clarification on future promos. After all, this is my first time at Hetzner, so I'll judge them on the second promo not the first.

• Hmm, to verify the account, I have to pre-pay €20 or submit ID...

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@webdev said:
    Hmm, to verify the account, I have to pre-pay €20 or submit ID...

Aah, that's what you meant. My apologies. This is unrelated to the promotion. I believe we introduced this option last year for new customers who had somewhat unusual information in their customer account. (With some accounts, the information very clearly looks fake or legit, but then there are some that fall into a bit of a grey zone in between.) Instead of just rejecting the account like we might have done in the past, we started this as an option. --Katie, Marketing

• Hetzner_OL said: Instead of just rejecting the account like we might have done in the past, we started this as an option.

So what will happen if I pay €20 then refund?

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

I believe the €20 you pre-pay goes onto your customer account. If you later decided to cancel your account, any credit that is still left on it is automatically refunded. --Katie