Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM VPS Review(BLUE1 $1/mo VPS Special) - Loving these guys!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM VPS Review(BLUE1 $1/mo VPS Special) - Loving these guys!

jakejake Member
edited August 2013 in Reviews

Not sure if this is much of a review, but I managed to pick up one of BlueVM's BLUE1 special today at $1.00/month, thats right $1/month, paid month to month! They sold out quickly this morning but tonight I was able to pick one up after they added some stock! :)

I am not sure how they are managing to offer all this for $1/month as after Paypal transaction fees I am sure they make close to nothing. I suppose this is only a limited time promotion to put Feathur into production.

Feathur Control Panel

Feathur is BlueVM's latest and newest in-house control panel, designed to replace HyperVM/SolusVM.

In one word, Feathur is simple. It gets the job done, and does more than what SolusVM or HyperVM would do. It also displays your server's CPU usage, load average, and uptime, something that SolusVM does not do. It also has a little command center feature for those who need to execute a quick ssh command or two, without needing to open a fully featured SSH console based out of java.

I especially like the fact that it seems like Feathur was built with security in mind, for example they do not store any root passwords, and upon ordering a VPS they will not email you with a password. When you reinstall a VPS, it prompts you to enter your desired password:

Feathur also has the option to enable TUN/TAP, PPP, and iptables right from the panel. AFAIK, SolusVM and HyperVM do not support one click enabling of the iptables modules, so this is another plus.

Server Performance

I am pleased with the server performance for the $1/month I am paying for this VPS.

ServerBear Report

Other Information

My VPS was provisioned with 1 core at 3.4 GHZ, Intel Ivybridge E3 1240 v2. They also run .32 kernels.

root@server:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo

processor : 0

vendor_id : GenuineIntel

cpu family : 6

model : 58

model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 V2 @ 3.40GHz

stepping : 9

cpu MHz : 3400.140

cache size : 8192 KB

fpu : yes

fpu_exception : yes

cpuid level : 13

wp : yes

flags : fpu de tsc msr pae cx8 sep cmov pat clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht syscall nx lm rep_good aperfmperf unfair_spinlock pni pclmulqdq ssse3 cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm ida arat epb xsaveopt pln pts dts fsgsbase erms

bogomips : 6800.28

clflush size : 64

cache_alignment : 64

address sizes : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual

power management:

root@server:~# df -h

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/simfs 10G 2.0G 8.1G 20% /

none 128M 4.0K 128M 1% /dev

none 26M 1.0M 25M 4% /run

none 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock

none 128M 0 128M 0% /run/shm

none 100M 0 100M 0% /run/user

root@server:~# free -m

total used free shared buffers cached

Mem: 256 255 0 0 0 243

-/+ buffers/cache: 11 244

Swap: 256 48 207

root@server:~#

Conclusion

Not bad at all, I would highly recommend everyone to grab their special before they run out of stock. You definitely get more than what you pay for, and its a solid VPS.

Fantastic job @BlueVM :) Hope you guys enjoyed my little review.

Comments

• @jake - Thanks for the review, glad you like the new setup :)

• johnlth93johnlth93 Member
    edited August 2013

I am picking up one

But why only NY available for now?

And the coupon only available when you pay for monthly, i tried to pay for quarterly or so it doesn't work. I do hope i can pay for 3 or 6 month for 3 or 6 dolar. But it's definitely not a deal breaker. =)

-edit-

My bad, just notice the paypal isn't checkout but subscript so it will auto renew the payment.

• @johnlth93 - The price won't increase month to month...

Anyway NY is the first location we're converting to Feathur, as such it's the first location we're offering. As we convert other locations we may offer specials on those as well... Users currently on HyperVM in NY should start receiving emails tomorrow through Monday with their new Feathur details.

• Okay, looking forward for those location to become available

• jakejake Member

I've updated my review to include the ServerBear Report.

• I also got one and I'm just as happy! Keep up the good work BlueVM!

• Thank you for the comment @Vladorz - we will!

• I still haven't received my vps since then. @BlueVM i guess you missed my ticket #960709 opened 3 hours ago. Please check if possible.

Thanks

• wychwych Member

@johnlth93 said:
    I still haven't received my vps since then. BlueVM i guess you missed my ticket #960709 opened 3 hours ago. Please check if possible.

Thanks

Think they must be busy right now, opened a ticket around 8:30am BST (just as they did their last post)

• @johnlth93 @wych I'm around now. I've answered most tickets which I can deal with but a lot of it is Feathur related, and at the minute Justin is the only one with the ability to fix it. If you didn't receive an email from Feathur I guess you will have to wait for him.

• @J0rd4n said:
    johnlth93 wych I'm around now. I've answered most tickets which I can deal with but a lot of it is Feathur related, and at the minute Justin is the only one with the ability to fix it. If you didn't receive an email from Feathur I guess you will have to wait for him.

Yes, saw your ticket reply. Guess we'll just have to wait then.

• wychwych Member

@J0rd4n said:
    johnlth93 wych I'm around now. I've answered most tickets which I can deal with but a lot of it is Feathur related, and at the minute Justin is the only one with the ability to fix it. If you didn't receive an email from Feathur I guess you will have to wait for him.

Still a fast response :) and the issue was easily resolved!

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

Nice panel, what command do the Kill button?

• @jmginer said:
    Nice panel, what command do the Kill button?

It currently murders a baby turtle when you use the Kill command.

Great work as usual @BlueVM. Really looking forward to Feathur

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Anyone know how to reset password for feathur?

• AFAIK you can only ticket them for that

I still haven't receive my vps btw

I assume Justin is sleeping atm =)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@SkylarM can i click the button without being a client in that one?

• reviewing a vps 24 hours after purchase is dumb & inaccurate...

• @johnlth93 - That'd be a correct assumption. Anyway I believe I replied to your ticket already...

@jmginer - It immediately stops the VPS. You can boot it afterwards...

• got one of these a few days ago, hiw long is this $1 offer for?

• @enfield - Once you buy it that VPS stays at the same price for the life of your account. The special will probably be running 1 - 2 more days...

• ... and it's coming back when you roll out in LA right? (!)

• @BluBoy - Yes.

• @BlueVM said:
    BluBoy - Yes.

Lovely, will totally get one of your LA's

• Ive been quite happy with it (been only 3days) would recommend ;)

• We quite happy with the vm performance too, but it's seem the rDNs is not available yet.

• I opened a ticket and rdns was setup in 5mins.

• @enfield - That's ok... it'll be available sometime tomorrow in panel.

• FritzFritz Veteran

I'm assuming a $1/m vps (this) is more likely a beta period (beta tester) before the panel released (RC)/go live.

I can't wait till Featur comes to my box in Kansas. Cheer.

• Hello,

Unfortunately we can't set the rDNS till the feature is added. We are expecting to have it added very soon and I'll be sure Justin (Owner/Developer) makes it a main priority.

Best Regards,
    Michael Helfrich
    BlueVM Support Team