Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Easiest app to monitor bandwidth flows
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Easiest app to monitor bandwidth flows

jhjh Member

Can anyone recommend something really easy to monitor bandwidth flows? This will be for just one port on one Ubiquiti EdgeRouter 12 (support SNMP). I just need notifications if the transfer rate gets too high.

SaaS would be ideal if it's not too expensive. Not keen on installing a huge system if I can avoid it.

Ubiquiti's UNMS doesn't do this as far as I can see.

Comments

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

Not an expert on this but i have installed observium and cacti for my client who is a Internet Provider

• We use FastNetMon for this. I'd recommend you to take a look on sflow/netflow tools as that would give you the most accurate traffic stats (SNMP is just a snapshot of the moment it is being polled).

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

You don't need to monitor flows, for rates SNMP should be just fine. Set up librenms, add your device and forget about it.

Thanked by 2MasonR PUSHR_Victor
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@AlexBarakov said:
    You don't need to monitor flows, for rates SNMP should be just fine. Set up librenms, add your device and forget about it.

^ this.

But I would highly discourage using this device for anything other than small office/home routing.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • illyhostingillyhosting Member, Host Rep

We use PRTG to monitor all our servers and services (including bandwidth usage) , you can setup servers there using snmp and many other protocols, you can set alarms and receive notifications directly from their mobile app when alarm is triggered. Very easy to use but a little bit expensive.