Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mailserver-service with imap shared folders and unlimted space for mailbox.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

mailserver-service with imap shared folders and unlimted space for mailbox.

Hi to all I am trying to find one mail server or service for 3-4 TB of mails for 50 users, the use a lot the email and depends a lot of this service..

The mail issue that I found the the issue with google apps, they don't have shared folders for imap, the have a lot of templates and they want to keep using it. the use now imap, with thunderbird..

I read a lot on the forum but I was unable to find one relative service with imap shared folders and have accounts for 1TB of 2TB for every user of mails (yes is a lot but this is the way ...).

Thanks to all, and if I find something i will send it.

Comments

• king8654king8654 Member
    edited January 2020

So you need 50-100 TB of email storage? Good lord

Looks like gsuite business or self hosted for those inbox needs. Some places offer unlimited archives but not good if need access to everything

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

any unlimited email provider will kick you out based on fair usage policy as no such thing as unlimited or 1-2TB email mail boxes yet.

• Office365

• king8654king8654 Member
    edited January 2020

@tetech said:
    Office365

Unlimited archives but 100gb inbox limit

• @king8654 said:

@tetech said:
    Office365

Unlimited archives but 100gb inbox limit

Does whole 4TB have to be in inbox?

• @ediaz said: I read a lot on the forum but I was unable to find one relative service with imap shared folders and have accounts for 1TB of 2TB for every user of mails (yes is a lot but this is the way ...).

Congrats on your first post

• thanks sorry yes is my first post on the forum :-P, now they has 25 accounts and a mail box total size (for everybody) of 1,8 TB , and this is because I force delete every year the mail.. (the company are growing every year by double in terms of people and mail)..

If I will go for a service I need something that don't have any issue with mailbox of 2-4tb, at least. and in a few year grow for a total of 10TB...

Now I have a mailarchive to avoid keep all the mail running on mailpiler that works very well, but most of the providers works with sizes like 200GB..

Now I have the system running on my on server but I like to migrate to some more relative, for cloud...

at now my idea is mailcheap or go for a solution on cloud created by my self, but buyvm only has block storage on las vegas and i am from Europe :-P

• @WebProject said:
    any unlimited email provider will kick you out based on fair usage policy as no such thing as unlimited or 1-2TB email mail boxes yet.

the money is not the problem as far as we grow.. I don't want to pay for 10TB now, but if i need it.

• @angstrom said:

@ediaz said: I read a lot on the forum but I was unable to find one relative service with imap shared folders and have accounts for 1TB of 2TB for every user of mails (yes is a lot but this is the way ...).

Congrats on your first post

thanks, now is a linux debian running 24x7 with very low resouces, I don't need 16GB and 8 CPUs for running a mail server...

• I am very curious as to what sort of business uses 1.8TB of email space for 25 accounts, are they sending a shit load of emails or big attachments?

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited January 2020

simply connect to a sales rep of any big service like microsoft or gmail and have them tell you how to solve your problem. yes you'll probably need to spent a lot of money on a professional solution.

probably should really overthink the usage of mail within your company. that's simply not normal and probably bad practise no matter the use case.
    it obviously can't be a majority of just text and messages. but for sharing files/collaborating there are so much other/better platforms then mail and imap folders...

• customs duty company.

tester4 said: am very curious as to what sort of business uses 1.8TB of email space for 25 accounts, are they sending a shit load of emails or big attachments?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited January 2020

@ediaz said:
    customs duty company.

tester4 said: am very curious as to what sort of business uses 1.8TB of email space for 25 accounts, are they sending a shit load of emails or big attachments?

PM me your needs, I can get you something awesome with MailChannels included, 10TB storage, and may grow it to much more.