Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

fastpipe.io - SSD Cloud Servers (KVM) - Frankfurt, Germany - Highly Available Cloud!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

fastpipe.io - SSD Cloud Servers (KVM) - Frankfurt, Germany - Highly Available Cloud!

jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider
edited January 2020 in Offers

fastpipe.io is a brand of combahton GmbH, offering Cloud and Dedicated Servers within two datacenters in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.

Our services are based on latest HPE and Supermicro servers, offering outstanding realiability and performance. We also operate our own fully redundant, multi-datacenter Juniper based network.

Want to learn more about our technical infrastructure and how we take care of their operation? - See our infrastructure details.

Some key features of our SSD Cloud Servers

• High Availability: All SSD Cloud Servers are provisioned on a redundant, highly available KVM Cluster consisting of multiple Cloud and Storage Nodes. HA is provided by Corosync and GlusterFS. More details can be found on https://www.fastpipe.io/blog/?p=186.

• Excellent connectivity: By default, every cloud server node is connected with 2x 10Gbit to our network. This provides network-level fault resilience, fast data transfers, and best performance even at peak times. Network-intensive applications are excellently hosted with us.

• DDoS-Protection: Our cloud servers include our exclusive DDoS protection, which unique beside other well known solutions. Even DDoS attacks on web applications are filtered out by our DDoS protection.

• Additional IP-Addresses: You can add additional IP addresses (from 1.49€) and subnets (from 6.95€) to your instance. The setup takes place immediately, the reserved address ranges are routed to an instance of your choice.

• Daily Backup: Data loss is annoying. Accordingly, our cloud server nodes are equipped with several hard drives (hardware raid) as standard. You can avoid the risk of self-generated data loss with minimal effort through our automated snapshot backups. For this purpose we make a complete backup of your server daily between 02:00 to 10:00 am.

• Scale at any time: Do you need more CPU power, memory or disk space instant? Scale your server automatically to the next higher level, fully automated and without changing the existing configuration or data. We only charge you the difference in connection with the current remaining term.

• Virtual Private Lan: Create your own, isolated networks with our Virtual Private Lan (VPL). VPLs behave like V-Lans and provide an internal network between different instances where you can freely use your own IP addresses. Choose between 1Gbit, 2Gbit or 5Gbit interfaces.

• Free BGP (AS30823): Already own an AS and IP-Space? Just open a ticket after your server has been provisioned and tell us your ASN and Prefixes with valid route objects. We will configure the session within two business days.

Small entry offerings

With a small budget, you get a lot of power and possibilities with our Cloud Servers. Starting at 2,95€ ($3,30) per 30 days, we offer:

• Cloud SE-2
  • One CPU Core (Intel Xeon E5v2/v3/v4 @ +2,5GHz) incl. AES-NI
  • 2048MB ECC Memory
  • 30GB SSD Storage
  • Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS and FreeBSD available as one-click installation
  • Additional details and order link available on our website

More power needed? Choose a higher package or upgrade with just a few clicks, without moving configuration or data.

Want to learn more about our current progress? Checkout our blog.

Comments

• reliable supplier. have a hdd cloudserver from fastpipe.

Thanked by 1jh_aurologic
  • jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

@hyperblast said:
    reliable supplier. have a hdd cloudserver from fastpipe.

Thanks for your Feedback! - High Available HDD Cloud Servers will follow within the next three months too! :-)

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

Can i get a test IP to check ping

@ManishPant said:

Feel free to checkout our looking glass: https://lg.combahton.net/

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@combahton_it said:

@ManishPant said:

Feel free to checkout our looking glass: https://lg.combahton.net/

Thanks getting 200ms to India

• any speed test available ?

@jhdscript said:
    any speed test available ?

Sure, available on our LG: https://lg.combahton.net/

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited January 2020

Which CPU Modell usually used for new supplies? Also, any LET coupons?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@combahton_it said:

• One CPU Core (Intel Xeon E5v2/v3/v4 @ +2,5GHz) incl. AES-NI

A physical core? Or a HyperThread? Or a "vCore" - and if so, how many vCores are there per physical core?

• AES enabled? That's new since last year.

@cybertech said:
    AES enabled? That's new since last year.

@cybertech said:
    AES enabled? That's new since last year.

Yes, thats new :-)

• I can say @combahton_it professional team.

Thanked by 1jh_aurologic
  • @dedimark said:
    I can say @combahton_it professional team.

But no professional sales apparently. Not answering questions here. :(

• Hi @combahton_it
    What is the network connection for cloud server? 1Gbps or 100Mbps?

@combahton_it

So, you do answer questions but ignore mine. I take it then that "One CPU Core (Intel Xeon E5v2/v3/v4 @ +2,5GHz) incl. AES-NI" actually means "a fraction of a HyperThread".
    Feel free to correct me.

@jsg said:
    @combahton_it

So, you do answer questions but ignore mine. I take it then that "One CPU Core (Intel Xeon E5v2/v3/v4 @ +2,5GHz) incl. AES-NI" actually means "a fraction of a HyperThread".
    Feel free to correct me.

We utilize our nodes only to a level of 70% load for real cores, there is no threading involved.

If the load gets any higher, high usage Cloud Servers are migrated on other nodes automatically and without interruption.

Thanked by 2jsg lovelyserver

@webcraft said:
    Which CPU Modell usually used for new supplies? Also, any LET coupons?

As stated above, we use E5v2/v3/v4 - depending on free node resources.

@azbot said:
    Hi @combahton_it

All nodes are connected at 2x 10Gbit each. The maximum available speed per server is 10Gbit, depending on the uplinks load and the target you want to reach.

@combahton_it said:
    We utilize our nodes only to a level of 70% load for real cores, there is no threading involved.

If the load gets any higher, high usage Cloud Servers are migrated on other nodes automatically and without interruption.

Thank you. Could you also answer my question? Does a customer get a physical Xeon Core or not, and if not, then what does he get?

edited January 2020

@jsg said:

@combahton_it said:

Thank you. Could you also answer my question? Does a customer get a physical Xeon Core or not, and if not, then what does he get?

Of course you get a physical core: "If the load gets any higher, high usage Cloud Servers are migrated on other nodes automatically and without interruption."

Or in other words: We make sure that you get the resources of a physical core by Live Migrations and Load-based Deployment.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • @combahton_it said:

@azbot said:
    Hi @combahton_it

All nodes are connected at 2x 10Gbit each. The maximum available speed per server is 10Gbit, depending on the uplinks load and the target you want to reach.

Thank for the reply. I want to ask more why cloud server is not limited to bandwidth and a dedicated server is limited to 5TB bandwidth

@combahton_it said:
    Of course you get a physical core: "If the load gets any higher, high usage Cloud Servers are migrated on other nodes automatically and without interruption."

Or in other words: We make sure that you get the resources of a physical core by Live Migrations and Load-based Deployment.

Thank you! That was a tangible and clear statement and it makes your product look all the more attractive.

Thanked by 1webcraft

@azbot said:

@combahton_it said:

@azbot said:
    Hi @combahton_it

Thank for the reply. I want to ask more why cloud server is not limited to bandwidth and a dedicated server is limited to 5TB bandwidth

A dedicated server has a dedicated (at least 1Gbit, contractually guaranted) uplink which you can fully use all the time, there are no limits or shared uplinks. A cloud server shares it's uplink with the other node neighbours.

There is no limit for our Cloud Servers, as we behold the right to throttle your Cloud Servers port to a certain, economical level, if you are using your server for example for very excessive Streaming, Filesharing or anything else which would make the service unprofitable. I guess everyone knows, that (for example) a 2,95€ server is not profitable, if it's network connection is on fire all the time.

So far, no customer has been throttled in over eight years of in service. We just dont want to loose control. Thats the reason, why we dont advertise or guarant any specific port speed.

If you are planning to push a high two digit amount (in TB) of bandwith, our Cloud Servers are the wrong product and you should really get in contact with us to discuss a solution which is able to host such kind of service. Small hint: we have a lot of spare commitment with our upstreams, prices might be quite cheap.

Thanked by 1azbot
  • Hi @combahton_it

Please process ticket #850496845. I have created it since January 20, but no one has handled it for me yet. The results were terrible

• So tempting.. don't need but ordered anyway!

Thanked by 1jh_aurologic
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Any discounts for new customers? :D

@azbot said:
    Hi @combahton_it

Please process ticket #850496845. I have created it since January 20, but no one has handled it for me yet. The results were terrible

Sure, we will be done until the beginning of next week - there is currently a quite high workload due to new colocation customers and dedicated servers going online, accounting topics might take longer as usual.

Regarding the terrible results you faced, we are actively working on those: https://status.combahton.net/incident/166 - the issue affects a portion of customers.

@thedp said:
    Any discounts for new customers? :D

There will be no discounts for those quite low prices we already offer. Providing those services isnt just a hobby of us and we need to earn money at the end of the day, especially due to the invests we had for the new HA infrastructure.

Thanked by 1DP
  • @combahton_it said:

@azbot said:
    Hi @combahton_it

Sure, we will be done until the beginning of next week - there is currently a quite high workload due to new colocation customers and dedicated servers going online, accounting topics might take longer as usual.

Regarding the terrible results you faced, we are actively working on those: https://status.combahton.net/incident/166 - the issue affects a portion of customers.

I created a ticket to support 10 days ago. It was unbelievable that I was not supported yet, so I canceled the service.

• Do you have a refund policy?