Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Match/Improve Dedicated Server? Xeon 1240v3 16GB? /29 US IPs $30
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Match/Improve Dedicated Server? Xeon 1240v3 16GB? /29 US IPs $30

I've had a dedicated server with the above specs for a while. It has mechanical drives. Can anyone meet or exceed these specs? I am thinking about changing hosting providers. I'd be open to paying more for better specs, but not more for the same or worse.

This is for a business, no spamming or other less than desirable activities. So you'll have no TOS problems.

Comments

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Going to be hard to match or beat that. That's a very aggressive price.

• MTUser2012 said: This is for a business, no spamming or other less than desirable activities. So you'll have no TOS problems.

hum...

• $56 Xeon E3-1270v1 at @Dedispec. That $30/mo is going to be difficult to match.

Thanked by 1Dedispec
  • Perhaps @MrRadic with Reliable Site can get you something similar with 150TB BW.
    But its gonna cost $39 I think.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

$30 is gonna be tough to beat.

OVH has this
    Intel E3-1270 v6
    4C/8T - 3.8GHz
    RAM 32GB
    SoftRAID 2x2TB

$69 per month.

• Assuming your coming from hetzner? Really can't use their prices for comparison

• /29

Does it mean you need consecutive IPs ?

• No. Originally I had a couple of sites on the server, each with a dedicated IP. Now, I would be OK with a single IP. But, I just listed the specs I have now for comparison. I have had this server a while, since 2017.

@SteveMC said:

/29

Does it mean you need consecutive IPs ?

• SteveMCSteveMC Member
    edited January 2020

You can keep an eye on https://www.soyoustart.com/us/essential-servers/ . The servers are physically in Canada, but, you can have FO IP geo targeted to USA (if it didn't change, since the last time I used them). It's above your expected budget, but from time to time there are discounts, or special configs temporally available. The last one, for Christmas / New Year, was 25% recurring discount on all offers. (don't know when the next will be)

Thanked by 1MTUser2012
  • SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Best we can do is

E3-1245v2
    32GB RAM
    500GB HDD
    /29 IPv4
    10TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    Dallas, TX
    $49 per month

Downgrade on the CPU, upgrade on RAM, so it probably falls short of what you're after

• @king8654 said:
    Assuming your coming from hetzner? Really can't use their prices for comparison

no he's not. afaik he's actually with heymann after the vortexnode desaster ;-)

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/114532/dedicated-server-us-e3-1240v2-16gb-120gb-ssd-29

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

May i know the provider name whom you are using @MTUser2012

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited January 2020

@ManishPant said:
    May i know the provider name whom you are using @MTUser2012

Heymman, as per @Falzo's detective work. I had the same server as well for a couple years. But just an FYI - they are decommissioning these servers as they're cancelled, so don't get your hopes up about it becoming available :P

@MTUser2012 - Alternatives might be VirMach or 1gservers when they're running their specials. Or SYS in BHS, Canada. Shame you didn't start your search before the holidays when all the specials were running. Might be slim pickings now.

• Closest I can find is @vpsrus.

Single Xeon E3-1240V2 4/8 cores 3.40/3.80 GHZ - $ 25.00/m free setup

8GB RAM
    1 X 2TB HDD
    10TB BW @ 1Gbs port
    /30 IPV4 block
    /64 IPV6

Sale from Aug 2019. Still available: https://vpsrus.com/clients/order/config/index/dedi/?group_id=3&pricing_id=90

It's not an improvement over your current setup, but if you only need one IP this is slightly cheaper.

• imokimok Member
    edited January 2020

Heymman Servers was a premium low end provider when I was a customer :blush:

Thanked by 1MTUser2012