Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to get legal Windows 10 on soyoustart by ovh
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to get legal Windows 10 on soyoustart by ovh

I have tried the joodl method , it works. But control panel does not update, it says kubuntu.
I entered spla for Windows 10 in control panel, it is pending approval for more than 24 hours?
I want to get legal Windows 10 Pro on my soyoustart?
Any suggestions please?

Comments

• Windows 10 Insider?

• You can only use server editions of Windows in datacenters.

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@Myelin said:

Any suggestions please?

Legal No way , you can use trial image only

• @saibal said:
    You can only use server editions of Windows in datacenters.

Ok sir, please tell me if I have key, I will just put it in licence manager and that's it. No monthly payments?

• @ManishPant said:

@Myelin said:

Any suggestions please?

Legal No way , you can use trial image only

You mean method by joodl will get installation and than I can use as trial. What if I activate windows 10 Pro joodl template with my purchased windows 10 Pro key?

• @webdev said:
    Windows 10 Insider?

Is this a source?

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@Myelin said:

@saibal said:

Ok sir, please tell me if I have key, I will just put it in licence manager and that's it. No monthly payments?

First ask your host/datacenter if they allow trial version of windows or not and also ask them if you can install windows 7 instead of windows server edition
    Also ask them to confirm if you can use your own key on it (They you must buy from legal sources)

If they allow you then you can install via KVM/IPMI

Many host allow to use own key but don't know about OVH

• @saibal said:

Windows Server Insider?

• XenosXenos Member
    edited January 2020

You could install Proxmox or use QEMU.

• Windows system can be installed using DD

• @Myelin said:

@saibal said:

Is the key for a server license? If you put a legitimate key for Windows 10 you are still breaking MS licensing terms since they do not allow Windows 10 in datacenters.

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • @saibal said:

@Myelin said:

@saibal said:

Is the key for a server license? If you put a legitimate key for Windows 10 you are still breaking MS licensing terms since they do not allow Windows 10 in datacenters.

don't bother, he's not going to listen, because that's not what he wants to hear ;-)

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • SOLUTION:
    Called helpline of soyoustart
    they asked me to enter my own key for windows
    i got a key from KMS
    once i entered in licences in control panel of soyoustart, i got all windows templates. All of them are server.
    I am now installing Windows Server. Thanks for the help.

• Falzo said: don't bother, he's not going to listen, because that's not what he wants to hear ;-)

Well, I tried :smile:

@Myelin said: i got a key from KMS

Is that the KMS from your workplace or the notorious KMSPico? If either of the two its still illegal. AFAIK, MS does not allow individuals to have KMS servers and your workplace KMS keys are only licensed to be used on machines in your workplace. As for KMSPico, well...

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @saibal said:

Falzo said: don't bother, he's not going to listen, because that's not what he wants to hear ;-)

Well, I tried :smile:

@Myelin said: i got a key from KMS

Is that the KMS from your workplace or the notorious KMSPico? If either of the two its still illegal. AFAIK, MS does not allow individuals to have KMS servers and your workplace KMS keys are only licensed to be used on machines in your workplace. As for KMSPico, well...

Saibal I am taking your comments positively. As I wrote before I entered the key from KMS from Microsoft site, after that i got templates for Windows available for reinstall. Now after install I will buy server key and put it for activation.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

There is not such a thing legal.

Windows 10 is by EULA not intended to be used on servers.
    You would need to use Windows Server xxxx to make it as you call "legal".

But, since when, does SYS give a shit? they won't.
    I wont recommend either running Windows 10 on a Server, if you run it inside a VM fine.

• To make things clear again. Soyoustart only allow server version of Windows after entering SPLA licence in there control panel. The SPLA key can be taken from KMS Microsoft website and it would allow you to install Windows Server. It would run for 180 days after that I don't know what will happen, maybe someone can elaborate?

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited January 2020

Myelin said: The SPLA key can be taken from KMS Microsoft website and it would allow you to install Windows Server.

yes, thanks for clarifying. people easily confuse Client Setup Keys (which you are talking about here) with product keys.

to add to that, here is the official microsoft page with those client setup keys: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started/kmsclientkeys

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Myelin said:
    To make things clear again. Soyoustart only allow server version of Windows after entering SPLA licence in there control panel. The SPLA key can be taken from KMS Microsoft website and it would allow you to install Windows Server. It would run for 180 days after that I don't know what will happen, maybe someone can elaborate?

Everyone, who has access to a IPMI or can boot the server into rescue, can install or flash any OS to the disk that he likes.

Does not matter what the Panel says, SYS definitely has rescue mode avail.

• @Myelin: You never clarified that you were installing a Windows server edition previously. As for the KMS, call me a skeptic but unless you clarify, just mentioning KMS raises an immediate red flag for me as Falzo mentioned earlier. Anyways the process you described now is perfectly legal and I wish you success in your endeavors,