Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much do you spend each month on hosting? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How much do you spend each month on hosting?

Comments

• about 100 Euros per month for Business [netcup, phpfriends]
    12 per year from Virmach for personal
    20 usd per month Digital ocean - Business [have 500$ startup credit from them]

• hyperexperthyperexpert Member, Host Rep

You don't wanna know :tired_face:

• Providers should be disqualified from this lmao

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Ympker said:
    A few months back I have cut down on costs so right now I am only paying for my domain 6€/year and Hostmantis Reseller 25GB 25€/year. Throw in a SmallWeb @Mic-hael for 3GBP smth a year. All in all, if divided into monthly cost it comes to probably less than ~4€/month.

I do have MyW Shared 2GB and Reseller 50GB Lifetime, so no more fees here. Thanks @MikePT :)

I also have "sponsored/free" Shared Hosting with Inception Hosting which is also stable. Thanks @AnthonySmith ;)

No VPS atm. If I need any, I use m 20$ Lunanode credit I won in a giveaway.

Superb thank you mate ❤️

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • abjrabjr Member
    edited December 2019
    VMs     $265.58  
    Domains $202.05  
    Yearly  $467.63  
    Monthly  $38.97  

More than I thought, but not too outrageous.

• Used to spend 180 EUR a month for two dedi’s.

I am switching to Hetzner. More resources for less money. I will pay 150 EUR a month for two dedi’s in total starting from this month.

That’s a lot, yes.

Thanked by 2Hetzner_OL Ouji
  • @K4Y5 said:
    Current spend is about ~325EUR/Mo. Should be able to cut down to ~220EUR/Mo by Feb 2020, once I cancel a couple of old dedicated servers and consolidate to a single beefy server with Hetzner.

For personal usage? Wtf are you using them for?

• @lowending said:
    Providers should be disqualified from this lmao

People who don't know what personal means should be disqualified. Providers have personal lives, too.

Thanked by 1lowending
  • @TimboJones said:

@K4Y5 said:
    Current spend is about ~325EUR/Mo. Should be able to cut down to ~220EUR/Mo by Feb 2020, once I cancel a couple of old dedicated servers and consolidate to a single beefy server with Hetzner.

Yes, I can read, thanks.

Storage for a whole bunch of stuff isn't really cheap. That's what a major chunk of money goes towards. Besides, I self-host a ton of apps used by the family, maintain device and media backups on hardware that I control, and also contribute to a few projects on the side which require decent amount of computing resources - so, it all adds up.

I could save a ton by investing in a home lab, but I'd rather have my servers hosted at a DC with reliable power and network connectivity, as I travel a fair bit and cbf to worry about such basic things while on the move.

• $30-$40/month all living in APAC :smile:

• @K4Y5 said:

@TimboJones said:

@K4Y5 said:

Yes, I can read, thanks.

One might argue friends and family are not "personal", but I get your point.

Storage for a whole bunch of stuff isn't really cheap. That's what a major chunk of money goes towards. Besides, I self-host a ton of apps used by the family, maintain device and media backups on hardware that I control, and also contribute to a few projects on the side which require decent amount of computing resources - so, it all adds up.

I could save a ton by investing in a home lab, but I'd rather have my servers hosted at a DC with reliable power and network connectivity, as I travel a fair bit and cbf to worry about such basic things while on the move.

At 300+/mo, those aren't friends and family, those are leeches. Probably could use some third party services to reduce your burden further, since you travel a lot and don't want to be holding data hostage for friends and family or have your free time away eaten up helping someone.

• VPS for processing $6/m
    VPS for storage $4.50/m
    VPS idling $2.50/m
    Shared hosting about $9/month
    Domains about $150/month
    Total..
    Approx.. $170/m

Thanked by 1kalipus
  • mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

80$ monthly

• At about $55 month for personal. $1100/mo for everything on the business side. :expressionless: Obviously offset by income from running services, but I do miss only having 4 server bills to manage!

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • I am revising my monthly spend Upwards - from $ 7/month to $ 9.50 /month. Stacked one shared hosting plan, and one ipv6 only VPS. Rest are for business, as I had mentioned to Fat32 separately.

Thanked by 2dizaime FAT32
  • @job0121 said:
    VPS for processing $6/m
    VPS for storage $4.50/m
    VPS idling $2.50/m
    Shared hosting about $9/month
    Domains about $150/month
    Total..
    Approx.. $170/m

150/month in domain? Damn my man.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited January 2020

@vyas11 said:
    I am revising my monthly spend Upwards - from $ 7/month to $ 9.50 /month. Stacked one shared hosting plan, and one ipv6 only VPS. Rest are for business, as I had mentioned to Fat32 separately.

Hey handsome <3. Switcher promo is here to ensure your bill keeps on getting lower :P

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited January 2020

@seriesn said:
    Switcher promo is here to ensure your bill keeps on getting lower :P

I don't think any of my services will be cheaper if I switched to NexusBytes... unless you do unsustainable price matching :D

Just to make it clear, don't take it too seriously, I just don't have a need yet but when the time comes I might get something from NexusBytes :)

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited January 2020

@FAT32 said:

Just to make it clear, don't take it too seriously, I just don't have a need yet but when the time comes I might get something from NexusBytes :)

spoilsport

edited January 2020

@vyas11 said:
    spoilsport

I am afraid of making comments without putting disclaimers now after last incident :(

Thanked by 3vyas11 poisson DP
  • @FAT32 said:

@seriesn said:

I don't think any of my services will be cheaper if I switched to NexusBytes... unless you do unsustainable price matching :D

I can sell you but can’t guarantee you will actually get the service for the term you signup for. LEB style :P

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @seriesn said:

@FAT32 said:

@seriesn said:

I can sell you but can’t guarantee you will actually get the service for the term you signup for. LEB style :P

So where's your overpriced-yet-heavily-discounted-ipv4-only deadpool offer?

• @vyas11 said:

@seriesn said:

@FAT32 said:

@seriesn said:

So where's your overpriced-yet-heavily-discounted-ipv4-only deadpool offer?

Please send payment to [email protected]

Your server credential will be delivered via morsecode via pigeon mail.

Thanked by 2FAT32 vyas11

@seriesn said:

Well, most of my unsustainable limited offers are from providers with at least 2 years in the industry and quite a number of them are not affiliated with CC/LEB :D

@seriesn said:

FatPal.com is actually registered on 2008, I wonder if that email can actually be reached lol

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • @FAT32 said:

@seriesn said:

FatPal.com is actually registered on 2008, I wonder if that email can actually be reached lol

Shat.

• @FAT32 said:

@seriesn said:

Well, most of my unsustainable limited offers are from providers with at least 2 years in the industry and quite a number of them are not affiliated with CC/LEB :D

Who knows lol. Maybe some day, some clearance 😅

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited January 2020

@seriesn said:

Your server credential will be delivered via morsecode via pigeon mail.

Didn’t know you were a a subscriber for @ITLabs pigeonmail service

• @FAT32 said:

@seriesn said:

You are very quick to snap up all the loss leaders from the stable guys.

Thanked by 1FAT32
    edited January 2020

@poisson said:
    You are very quick to snap up all the loss leaders from the stable guys.

Frankly it might not worth it because the time spent hunting for crazy deals or even staying up late at midnight will eventually sacrificed my health and my life.

Not to mention the wasted money on idling the servers because some are too good to let go. One of my 2020 resolutions is to spend less time hunting for those deals.

I mean, you certainly can relate to people who based in Singapore tend to be more "kiasu" (or basically FOMO).