Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how many users i am sharing my VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

how many users i am sharing my VPS

2»

Comments

• @deank said:
    If you want dedicated resources, rent dedicated servers.

How many users on your node? Well, if you can answer me this, I will answer yours.
    How long is a string?

"String Content".length <- absolute answer. There we go, where is my prize?

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Your prize is -

The end is nigh.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • king8654king8654 Member
    edited January 2020

@WebProject said:

@king8654 said:

@stan said:
    Just be aware that VPS core are not true cores. You could have 24 cores and thats like 1 core divided up to 24 cores. A scam basically. Looks real but you are on not even 1 core. The magic of VPS. The ability to scam clients. Switched to a dedicated and never looked back. It's also very good to share dedicated vs vps. I ahve 10 people we shelling 10 bucks each to a dedicated 100 a month. Not bad at all and very powerful. Everybody wins.

You pay for what you get lol so shared and vps hosting are scams? What do you expect for couple bucks a month

Such user don't get the difference between shared hosting, VPS, dedicated and self-managed or managed services! Based to king8654 the Internet providers and DCs is scamming people too as they do share connectivity! :smiley:

Think you missed my earlier post or translation is off, either way, their obviously scamming us all as well! $7 month, no sharing

• xaocxaoc Member
    edited January 2020

@AuroraZ said:

@xaoc said:

@pike said:

@thedp said:
    You live in an apartment so you have to accept the possibilities of having noisy neighbors :joy:

My noisy neighbours have to accept the possibility of me shitting into their mailboxes at night.

Wrong decade with all teh ip cams out there.

That's what Joker make up is used for now a days.

Make'up won't do much against teh AI.. :(

Edit: They could also DNA the shiz out of your shiz and with all teh DNA profiling that people order these days how can you be certain that at least one of your relatives DNA isn't in teh system? xD

• @deank said:
    Your prize is -

The end is nigh.

I thought we were past that point. Are you trying to enlighten that there is a second end coming? Will it influence all the VPS users on the same node? Or will it have a devastating effect on all the nodes?

What am I thinking? How could I miss this? And why am I so pessimistic? Maybe it's a beautiful end. Oh... so many questions... and I was so happy.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The first age of doom is what we are going through.

One apocalypse isn't generally enough to wipe out bugs, so several apocalypses will be required.

The second age is slowly coming above red horizon of scams.

• Has @xaoc got a TEHran fetish? Perhaps the inline spell checker ain't working. :|

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Has @xaoc got a TEHran fetish? Perhaps the inline spell checker ain't working. :|

I want my phone call!

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @king8654 said:
    You pay for what you get lol so shared and vps hosting are scams? What do you expect for couple bucks a month

$5/mo for 2x dedicated cores on a $20K server please! ROI of "eventually, maybe"...

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2020

Thanked by 2Janevski ViridWeb
  • JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited January 2020

@Myelin Millions upon billions upon trillions of users.

VPS host node is like an appartment building, there's bowling alley at 3, drug activities at 4, masked orgy at 5 and a loud party at 6, while 1st,2nd floor are getting robbed as we're speaking and the doggo is barking while the neighboors are galloping 23h30 at night, also the sewage is clogged and the basement is overflowing.
    No parking spots.
    Fuck yeah consumerism.
    Premium yet somehow affordable price.
    "Elite" place...

PS: I forgot about the two people stuck in the elevator, because, either the door is bent or too much elektrick...
    PPS: And the pidgeon house on top.

"Yeah, i know what they need!" - said some smartass
    "They need 5G, e-scooters, e-cigars, pollution masks and social advertizing media..." - ...
    "Give them credit cards as well!" - said another benefactor...

Thanked by 3uptime poisson hohl
  • @Janevski said:
    @Myelin Millions upon billions upon trillions of users.

VPS host node is like an appartment building, there's [...] masked orgy at 5 [...]

Sorry if we are too noisy. It's the music of romance and love too loud?

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • Impossible.
    Provider can set resource limits which make any attempts of measurement meaningless.

• @Janevski said:
    ... masked orgy at 5 ... and a loud party at 6

If that's VPS then I don't even want to know what goes on over at Shared Hosting block

• @hypsin said:

@Janevski said:
    ... masked orgy at 5 ... and a loud party at 6

If that's VPS then I don't even want to know what goes on over at Shared Hosting block

Shared hosting is a crack den.

• You have a Windows VPS, you can't expect dedicated resources on VPS hosting platform. If you are expecting dedicated resources with the VDS server then I would like to clear your doubts about VDS services. VDS hosting is one of the kinds of VPS hosting and you will get shared resources with VDS and VPS hosting. You can create a max 5 shared RDP user on a Windows server. For more information about Windows shared RDP users please refer below thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/90d75740-329d-4da7-9e76-45dde753db0a/maximum-users-per-active-directory-server?forum=winserverDS

• By default Windows VPS hosting allows 2 simultaneous RDP connections to your VPS with two different users. If you need more than 2 simultaneous connections then you will have to buy CAL (Client Access License).

• @marythomas said:
    By default Windows VPS hosting allows 2 simultaneous RDP connections to your VPS with two different users. If you need more than 2 simultaneous connections then you will have to buy CAL (Client Access License).

Congratz to your second (necro) post..

• ask cociu.

• likely using 50% or less "dedicated" .... other 50 % is shared, always find providers with multiple cores, its more stable. New AMD EPYC its cool.