Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Help] FreePBX email setup/webmin/SendMail email setup?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Help] FreePBX email setup/webmin/SendMail email setup?

HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
edited January 2020 in Help

I have a FreePBX VPS with Atlantic.net and I cant seem to figure out how to setup email to work with it. There is NO domain tied to it just an IP, but I cant find anywhere to use an external SMTP server to setup sendmail to actually work! Only place I find is to set the server, but theres no where to enter login details.

I just need freepbx to be able to send emails thats it.

Thanks!

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Does this help? https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/System+Admin+-+Email+Setup#SystemAdmin-EmailSetup-UseExternalSMTPServer it shows you can do it in the admin control panel.

Also your forum sig, it needs to be 2 lines not three please :)

• @Jord said:
    Does this help? https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/System+Admin+-+Email+Setup#SystemAdmin-EmailSetup-UseExternalSMTPServer it shows you can do it in the admin control panel.

Also your forum sig, it needs to be 2 lines not three please :)

Will fix :)

But that guide no longer applies. Must have paid commerical lincence for that now.

Ah apologies I didn't see that, I haven't used FreePBX in a long time. Are there any mail servers installed on the server?

• @Jord said:
    Ah apologies I didn't see that, I haven't used FreePBX in a long time. Are there any mail servers installed on the server?

I have SendMail installed, but I see no option to connect to a remote SMTP server to send the mail. There is no domain tied to it just an IP on the VPS so I'm wanting to connect it to a external mail server to send the emails. I can add a doamin if needed

edited January 2020

@HuntersPad said:

@Jord said:

I have SendMail installed, but I see no option to connect to a remote SMTP server to send the mail. There is no domain tied to it just an IP on the VPS so I'm wanting to connect it to a external mail server to send the emails. I can add a doamin if needed

I only really know exim, which external mail service do you want to use?

• I'm just using a cPanel host with a domain

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited January 2020

FreePBX does have some IMAP settings which I have put in my email info. But checking SendMail I get errors like Reason for failure 550 5.1.1 xxx@xxx.com... User unknown

Even though the email freepbx should be sending through has nothing to do with this vps