Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

    Providers with CF Magic Transit
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

    Providers with CF Magic Transit

    Just post all providers you know I make them list here!

    Comments

    • BuyVM

    • donkodonko Member
      edited January 4

      @Brend4n said:
      BuyVM

      @Francisco ♥_♥ is this true?

    • +1 For Buyvm

      Reach me at manishpant.com . Discord Id: Manish#6403

    • imokimok Member

      So... BuyVM?

    • jackbjackb Member, Provider

      Buyvm inbound to LV looking glass from Germany still looks like voxility for me. Interesting if they're adopting CF's product though

      Afterburst - Awesome OpenVZ&KVM VPS in US+EU

    • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider
      edited January 4

      @jackb said:
      Buyvm inbound to LV looking glass from Germany still looks like voxility for me. Interesting if they're adopting CF's product though

      Nope, only anycast.

      All locations use Magic Transit for filtered ips.

      EDIT - We're basically helping them build the product as we're the only host actively running it and carrying live customer traffic with it. We're helping them build a pretty good standard policy they'll use for most hosts. We've helped them focus on what features are good and what's fluff (pretty and nice but a time sink), helped them prioritize, as well as help them with a lot of packet captures.

      The protection isn't perfect yet, still a lot of places to improve, but the network is pristine. It's so smooth that I legit forget it's in place.

      Francisco

      BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
      BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    • nottynotty Member
      edited January 5

      What's the advantage of Magic Transit compared to e.g. Voxility? Can I assume that with Cloudflare's scale they have a bigger and better network?

    • trewqtrewq Administrator, Moderator, Provider

      @notty said:
      What's the advantage of Magic Transit compared to e.g. Voxility? Can I assume that with Cloudflare's scale they have a bigger and better network?

      Yep, you use the full CF backbone, they announce your ranges across all their PoPs and filter at the edge. Way more capacity and flexibility than Voxility.

      Thanked by 3notty malek vimalware
    • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

      @trewq said:

      @notty said:
      What's the advantage of Magic Transit compared to e.g. Voxility? Can I assume that with Cloudflare's scale they have a bigger and better network?

      Yep, you use the full CF backbone, they announce your ranges across all their PoPs and filter at the edge. Way more capacity and flexibility than Voxility.

      As he said.

      Voxility handles more flood types for now, but CF is making large strides. I figure within 6 months that CF will be on par to Voxility for additional flood types.

      We've seen CF handle some very large attacks for us and again the network is extremely stable. If it wasn't for the invoices I'd forget we were using it.

      Francisco

      BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
      BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    • Any dedicated server provider ?

    • MikeAMikeA Member, Provider

      @Learntolive said:
      Any dedicated server provider ?

      I wish, but I haven't seen any.

      ExtraVM - AMD Ryzen & i7 NVMe VPS starting @ $3.50
      USA, Canada, France, United Kingdom, Singapore, Australia

    • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

      @MikeA said:

      @Learntolive said:
      Any dedicated server provider ?

      I wish, but I haven't seen any.

      With us doing the major hardware upgrade soon I considered throwing some of the slice nodes up as dedi's with CF.

      It's just very costly. Hosts should expect to spend a minimum of $5k/month for small levels of clean traffic, and in some cases be required to pay that a year upfront.

      Unless you have some serious mark up and can eat that I see many hosts sticking to Voxility/Psychz as they handle things OK.

      Francisco

      Thanked by 1vimalware
      BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
      BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    • MikeAMikeA Member, Provider

      @Francisco Yeah, I don't see it happening for commonly priced servers, unless CloudFlare decided to fuck the server industry and do it themselves.

      ExtraVM - AMD Ryzen & i7 NVMe VPS starting @ $3.50
      USA, Canada, France, United Kingdom, Singapore, Australia

    • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

      MikeA said: @Francisco Yeah, I don't see it happening for commonly priced servers, unless CloudFlare decided to fuck the server industry and do it themselves.

      CF has a pretty set in stone 'minimum' price they're willing to go on services. It seems $5k/m is their floor but they're aiming higher. I think they fully intend to be closer to $10k/month for MT transit at any decent capacity.

      I don't see them getting into dedicated servers due to the support overhead.

      Francisco

      Thanked by 1vimalware
      BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
      BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    • hacktekhacktek Member
      edited January 16

      Wait what, hold up.

      Does this mean that, with a BuyVM protected IP you basically use Argo to get from whichever Edge POP you happen to land on to the BuyVM instance in either of the 3 locations?

      All that's needed is a protected IP?

      EDIT: OK maybe not, looks like Argo can be integrated but it's not a given.

      @Francisco can you elaborate?

    • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

      @hacktek said:
      Wait what, hold up.

      Does this mean that, with a BuyVM protected IP you basically use Argo to get from whichever Edge POP you happen to land on to the BuyVM instance in either of the 3 locations?

      All that's needed is a protected IP?

      It still has to go from CF->our network, but it is ARGO optimized from you to your VPS on the inbound route at least.

      Francisco

      Thanked by 1hacktek
      BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
      BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    • Thanks for confirming. This sounds intriguing.

    • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

      @hacktek said:
      Thanks for confirming. This sounds intriguing.

      Its good :) Been extremely stable.

      Francisco

      BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
      BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    Sign In or Register to comment.