Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is hostodo.com dead?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is hostodo.com dead?

I could not start my VPS via Virtualizor and support doesn't reply. I also tried to PM @Hassan here but he doesn't response.

The ticket was re-opened on 11/15/2019 (same issue happened previously and they solved it): Ticket screenshot

Comments

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

No, we are not dead. We are in a transitionary period with our OpenVZ containers as we migrate VZ6 containers to OpenVZ 7 and SolusVM. SolusVM access has not yet been provisioned for the migrated containers. Apologies for the misplacement of your ticket, we'll take a look and get the VPS accessible for you.

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • @Hassan said:
    No, we are not dead. We are in a transitionary period with our OpenVZ containers as we migrate VZ6 containers to OpenVZ 7 and SolusVM. SolusVM access has not yet been provisioned for the migrated containers. Apologies for the misplacement of your ticket, we'll take a look and get the VPS accessible for you.

Was the OP ( @Hero1711 ) notified about the migration and the lack of SolusVM access? It sounds like he had no idea about what was happening.

• angstrom said: Was the OP ( @Hero1711 ) notified about the migration and the lack of SolusVM access?

At least in Miami Virtualizor is the panel and it's up.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @skorous said:

angstrom said: Was the OP ( @Hero1711 ) notified about the migration and the lack of SolusVM access?

At least in Miami Virtualizor is the panel and it's up.

Yeah, the OP mentions Virtualizor but then @Hassan speaks of SolusVM -- kind of confusing.

• Yeah, I had that same moment. "Rats, was that useful or completely off-topic?"

• @skorous said:
    Yeah, I had that same moment. "Rats, was that useful or completely off-topic?"

Okay, I guess that it's something like this: the OP had OVZ6 with Virtualizor and his VPS is being migrated to OVZ7 with SolusVM. Which is fine if the OP was informed about the migration, but it sounds like he knew nothing about it.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

So Host Odo is not dead, but sadly René Auberjonois is.

Thanked by 2PHDan skorous
  • HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@angstrom said:

@skorous said:
    Yeah, I had that same moment. "Rats, was that useful or completely off-topic?"

Okay, I guess that it's something like this: the OP had OVZ6 with Virtualizor and his VPS is being migrated to OVZ7 with SolusVM. Which is fine if the OP was informed about the migration, but it sounds like he knew nothing about it.

This is correct. We did send out an email about it.

• Hero1711Hero1711 Member
    edited January 2020

@angstrom: I was notified of the upgrade to OVZ 7, but that notification email stated that my VPS would be down for up to 1h (it has been down since 11/15/2019), and also SolusVM login details would be sent out up to 1 week after the upgrade which never happened (as @Hassan mentioned that SolusVM access wasn't issued yet). So I assumed that my VPS was still on Virtualizor.

• @Hero1711 said:
    @angstrom: I was notified of the upgrade to OVZ 7, but that notification email stated that my VPS would be down for up to 1h (it has been down since 11/15/2019), and also SolusVM login details would be sent out up to 1 week after the upgrade which never happened (as @Hassan mentioned that SolusVM access wasn't issued yet). So I assumed that my VPS was still on Virtualizor.

I think that you have a legitimate complaint. That's a long time without a working VPS, not to mention that your ticket(s) wasn't (weren't) replied to.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited January 2020

That's quite a long time without a response.

Reminds me of a French cloud computing company's support.