Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VirMach BF 2019 for transfer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VirMach BF 2019 for transfer

alvaroalvaro Member
edited December 2019 in General

4 vCore
8144MB RAM
80G SSD
1xIP
2000GB Bandwidth
LOS ANGELES, CA
$50/year

I bought this VPS, but it is unused. If anyone is interested, I'm asking for $57 (to cover all fees).

Comments

• VIRMACH is extremely strict about the fair use of hardware resources, so VPS is more like a toy.

Good luck.

• @wfjoyce said:
    VIRMACH is extremely strict about the fair use of hardware resources, so VPS is more like a toy.

Good luck.

People generally want providers to be strict about "fair use", otherwise you're being a dick to everyone else.

• wfjoycewfjoyce Member
    edited December 2019

TimboJones said: People generally want providers to be strict about "fair use", otherwise you're being a dick to everyone else.

Fair use is of course a very necessary clause.
    However, when these restrictions become tasks that users need to complete, they become less reasonable.
    In the case that VIRMACH does not provide automatic restriction, the following fair use terms make users feel very painful!

High CPU: Customer’s Service cannot burst to 95-100% usage for more than five (5) minutes and cannot average higher than 50% usage within any two (2) hour period. Packages advertised to include dedicated CPU, Services with the high CPU option, and any customized Service plans that include high CPU option may burst to 100% at all times.

High Load: Customer’s Service cannot have a 15-minute load average higher than the number of full logical cores assigned and cannot have a 1-day load average higher than 70% of the number of full logical cores assigned.

High I/O: Customer’s Service cannot average more than 80 IOPS within any two (2) hour period, cannot burst above 300MB/s disk write average for more than ten (10) minutes, cannot average more than 300 write operations per second for more than 1 hour, and cannot be above 20% average utilization within any six (6) hour period.

High Network Usage: Customer’s Service cannot have more than 50,000 conntrack sessions at any given time, and cannot use more than the allocated bandwidth. Customer understands that the network is shared and utilizing maximum network speed will not always be possible.

• @wfjoyce said:

TimboJones said: People generally want providers to be strict about "fair use", otherwise you're being a dick to everyone else.

However, when these restrictions become tasks that users need to complete, they become less reasonable.
    In the case that VIRMACH does not provide automatic restriction, the following fair use terms make users feel very painful!

Please name a provider that apply automatic restriction. It seem you don't understand how a vps work.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • @wfjoyce said:
    VIRMACH is extremely strict about the fair use of hardware resources, so VPS is more like a toy.

Good luck.

I agree with you.
    2018 BF, I had wasted $40 by purchasing one OpenVZ and one KVM VPS from VirMach. They were cheap and had good configurations, but I could not use them for even 1-2 months as N/W speed was in KBps most of the time in a day.
    I learned a lesson from those purchases and remained away from all VirMach 2019 BF deals.

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • I think Virmach should give warnings before suspending people's service.

• @greattomeetyou said:
    I think Virmach should give warnings before suspending people's service.

They do

Thanked by 2brueggus exiust
  • @wfjoyce said:

Good luck.

I have to disagree, I have some VPS in production without problems.

They just don't allow abuse, remember you are on shared hardware.

• Do we really need yet another discussion covering the same old VirMach resource usage stuff? The guy just offered a VM for transfer. If you don't want it, then don't take it.

• If you don't find someone by Friday I'll take it off your hands

• @wfjoyce said:

High CPU: Customer’s Service cannot burst to 95-100% usage for more than five (5) minutes and cannot average higher than 50% usage within any two (2) hour period. Packages advertised to include dedicated CPU, Services with the high CPU option, and any customized Service plans that include high CPU option may burst to 100% at all times.

High Load: Customer’s Service cannot have a 15-minute load average higher than the number of full logical cores assigned and cannot have a 1-day load average higher than 70% of the number of full logical cores assigned.

High I/O: Customer’s Service cannot average more than 80 IOPS within any two (2) hour period, cannot burst above 300MB/s disk write average for more than ten (10) minutes, cannot average more than 300 write operations per second for more than 1 hour, and cannot be above 20% average utilization within any six (6) hour period.

High Network Usage: Customer’s Service cannot have more than 50,000 conntrack sessions at any given time, and cannot use more than the allocated bandwidth. Customer understands that the network is shared and utilizing maximum network speed will not always be possible.

Then it's clear they are not purchasing the resources they need. These fair use limits are reasonable. If you exceed them regularly, you need more resources, not that you're unfairly being penalized, full stop.

• @alvaro said:
    4 vCore
    8144MB RAM
    80G SSD
    1xIP
    2000GB Bandwidth
    LOS ANGELES, CA
    $50/year

I bought this VPS, but it is unused. If anyone is interested, I'm asking for $57 (to cover all fees).

Why do you have an extra $4 fee?

Also, you're now offering less 1/12 annual service, so your price should adjust.

Lastly, you've been a Virmach subscriber longer than 6 months?

• @TimboJones said:
    Why do you have an extra $4 fee?

Also, you're now offering less 1/12 annual service, so your price should adjust.

Lastly, you've been a Virmach subscriber longer than 6 months?

The extra $4 is to cover PayPal fees, but really a month has passed since the purchase. I can reduce the price to $53.

Yes, I am a VirMach customer for years.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • any bench?

• @TimboJones said:

@wfjoyce said:

Then it's clear they are not purchasing the resources they need. These fair use limits are reasonable. If you exceed them regularly, you need more resources, not that you're unfairly being penalized, full stop.

You still don't understand what I mean by pain! I agree to the terms of fair use.
    VIRMACH can impose effective hardware resource restrictions when users exceed the terms of TOS, such as reducing the CPU frequency of VPS. Users can not timely control the program to reduce the use of CPU, IOPS, so control the use of hardware resources should be completed by VIRMACH.

• @wfjoyce said:

@TimboJones said:

@wfjoyce said:

You still don't understand what I mean by pain! I agree to the terms of fair use.
    VIRMACH can impose effective hardware resource restrictions when users exceed the terms of TOS, such as reducing the CPU frequency of VPS. Users can not timely control the program to reduce the use of CPU, IOPS, so control the use of hardware resources should be completed by VIRMACH.

How do you know they don't?

• @wfjoyce said:

@TimboJones said:

@wfjoyce said:

Yeah, that could also work, but then there will be 1000s of threads saying they got throttled due to the AUP and VirMach sucks. There are providers who hard limits system resource usage instead of suspending servers (which are usually 2-10x VirMach BF pricing BTW), and you are free to use whichever service is right for you.

For me, VirMach's AUP is way higher than what I normally use (although my monitors tell me I sometimes go over the limit, but haven't had any problems), so I'm OK with the limits. If you want hard limits on those VMs, there are providers who hard limit system resources as I mentioned earlier (e.g. AWS, GCP, Lunanode, Digital Ocean, etc.) and you're better off with them.

Just my 2c. Cheers!

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • @wfjoyce said:

@TimboJones said:

@wfjoyce said:

No! You don't understand. If you sustain long periods above the limits of those resources, you need more resources! It's really that simple.

What? Of course you can. You control the software that's running, when it runs and how it runs. There's also this starters: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nice_(Unix)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • TimboJones said: so your price should adjust

Valid point and the reason for my "open to reasonable offers" on the two 'surplus' ones that I have. ;)

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • alvaroalvaro Member
    edited January 2020

@cybertech said:
    any bench?

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2019-10-08                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Thu Jan  2 17:41:18 EST 2020

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     OS           : CentOS 7.7.1908 (64 Bit)
     Virt/Kernel  : KVM / 3.10.0-1062.9.1.el7.x86_64
     CPU Model    : QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
     CPU Cores    : 4 @ 2499.998 MHz x86_64 4096 KB Cache
     CPU Flags    : AES-NI Disabled & VM-x/AMD-V Disabled
     Load Average : 0.04, 0.12, 0.09
     Total Space  : 79G (2.6G ~4% used)
     Total RAM    : 7773 MB (163 MB + 362 MB Buff in use)
     Total SWAP   : 255 MB (0 MB in use)
     Uptime       : 0 days 4:48
     ASN & ISP    : AS36352, ColoCrossing
     Organization : Virtual Machine Solutions LLC
     Location     : Los Angeles, United States / US
     Region       : California

## Geekbench v4 CPU Benchmark:

Single Core : 1749  (FAIR)
       Multi Core : 4990

## IO Test

CPU Speed:
        bzip2     :  55.7 MB/s
       sha256     : 111 MB/s
       md5sum     : 251 MB/s

RAM Speed:
       Avg. write : 1204.5 MB/s
       Avg. read  : 2730.7 MB/s

Disk Speed:
       1st run    : 376 MB/s
       2nd run    : 405 MB/s
       3rd run    : 385 MB/s
       -----------------------
       Average    : 388.7 MB/s

## Global Speedtest

Location                       Upload           Download         Ping
     Speedtest.net                  474.79 Mbit/s    630.95 Mbit/s    4.597 ms
     USA, New York (AT&T)           13.68 Mbit/s     171.29 Mbit/s    61.934 ms
     USA, Chicago (Windstream)      74.89 Mbit/s     221.16 Mbit/s    41.931 ms
     USA, Dallas (Frontier)         201.09 Mbit/s    61.44 Mbit/s     29.924 ms
     USA, Miami (Frontier)          131.81 Mbit/s    214.57 Mbit/s    61.863 ms
     USA, Los Angeles (Spectrum)    511.08 Mbit/s    602.19 Mbit/s     4.260 ms
     UK, London (Community Fibre)   122.99 Mbit/s    33.51 Mbit/s    138.460 ms
     France, Lyon (SFR)             53.00 Mbit/s     140.42 Mbit/s   144.055 ms
     Germany, Berlin (DNS:NET)      66.75 Mbit/s     93.14 Mbit/s    159.166 ms
     Spain, Madrid (MasMovil)       85.18 Mbit/s     86.58 Mbit/s    174.890 ms
     Italy, Rome (Unidata)          71.53 Mbit/s     95.24 Mbit/s    170.087 ms
     Russia, Moscow (MTS)           19.90 Mbit/s     144.47 Mbit/s   182.345 ms
     Israel, Haifa (013Netvision)   64.05 Mbit/s     20.57 Mbit/s    206.224 ms
     India, New Delhi (GIGATEL)     18.26 Mbit/s     69.37 Mbit/s    272.863 ms
     Singapore (FirstMedia)         32.49 Mbit/s     32.89 Mbit/s    165.328 ms
     Japan, Tsukuba (SoftEther)     102.55 Mbit/s    143.78 Mbit/s   123.178 ms
     Australia, Sydney (Yes Optus)  33.42 Mbit/s     59.12 Mbit/s    158.254 ms
     RSA, Randburg (Cool Ideas)     14.18 Mbit/s     10.60 Mbit/s    299.198 ms
     Brazil, Sao Paulo (Criare)     42.43 Mbit/s     125.95 Mbit/s   178.469 ms

Finished in : 12 min 28 sec
     Timestamp   : 2020-01-02 22:58:13 GMT
     Saved in    : /root/speedtest.log

Share results:
     - http://www.speedtest.net/result/8909627937.png
     - https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15096990
     - https://clbin.com/YfZze

Thanked by 2uptime cybertech
  • ben47955 said: Please name a provider that apply automatic restriction

Lunanode and SSDNodes I think.

• @caniac22 said:
    If you don't find someone by Friday I'll take it off your hands

It's still available :smile:

• New price $48 with all taxes included.

• @alvaro said:
    New price $48 with all taxes included.

VIR's toy. Good luck.

• I have also some offers available for transfer:
    If some one interested please Send P.M.
    For post owner I wish that you find someone to transfer you VPS.

KVM SPECIAL 4GB

2 vCore
    4GB RAM
    50G SSD
    1xIP
    4TB Bandwidth
    NY
    $36/Year

KVM SPECIAL 2GB

1 vCore
    2GB RAM
    30G SSD