Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unlimited bandwidth colocation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unlimited bandwidth colocation

Looking for someone who can offer unmetered bandwidth 1u colocation. I would want a gigabit port and a drop for ipmi. Server pulls around 100w.
Ideally located in Europe.

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep
    edited January 2020

Serverius does unlimited but with a FUP.

• @Jord said:
    Serverius does unlimited but with a FUP.

Would rather not have a 12 month contact.

What is your price per month?

• max of 55 euro ideally less.

Good luck @JoeF if you don't want a contract you might need to up that budget. Most colo comes with a set amount of BW a month.

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

55 euro Colorado with unlimited bandwidth and no contract? WOW! :scream:

Good luck.. Hope you will find something soon..

• @ViridWeb How about 70tb?

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@JoeF said:
    @ViridWeb How about 70tb?

70TB is not a small amount of traffic..
    Also with most colo/DC you have to to sign contract.
    As @Jord said you have to increase your budget if you want to go with monthly (But still you need to find some DC who allow monthly basis without contract)

Thanked by 1Jord

Most DC's want a contract, as it's easier. There is a DC's in Prague that offers unlimited traffic, but again they want a contract as far as I know.

If you want good service then you are mostly required to sign a contract.

Don't forget, you get what you pay for.

• king8654king8654 Member
    edited January 2020

Well 1U height, 50tb/month On 1gb, 100w draw, without contact and monthly Payments is $70 month before taxes and setup fees, and 21% VAT if your in Europe. That's before even checking if their legit

• Nforce 25 TB for that price

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Do you care where in Europe?

We can do Lithuania. Are you EU based? Need to know if this 55 EUR is with or without VAT. If you're not based in EU, and just send us a server then there is no VAT and we can meet you 55 EUR budget.

Otherwise it will be pretty much 66 EUR with VAT, or you'll need to accept some bandwidth restrictions.

• @randvegeta said:
    Do you care where in Europe?

We can do Lithuania. Are you EU based? Need to know if this 55 EUR is with or without VAT. If you're not based in EU, and just send us a server then there is no VAT and we can meet you 55 EUR budget.

Otherwise it will be pretty much 66 EUR with VAT, or you'll need to accept some bandwidth restrictions.

Uk so soon to be non eu

edited January 2020

Good luck getting unlimited bandwidth in the UK for £46, you are looking at about 10TB for that price in the UK.

Edit: Plus 20% VAT a month

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

Let us know if you find something that cheap with unlimited bandwidth :D

I've never seen something like that, most colocation providers charge a bit extra for bandwidth over dedicated servers as colocation customers normally know how much bandwidth they will use.

• @PureVoltage said:
    Let us know if you find something that cheap with unlimited bandwidth :D

I've never seen something like that, most colocation providers charge a bit extra for bandwidth over dedicated servers as colocation customers normally know how much bandwidth they will use.

I was wondering why I can get a unmetered bandwidth VPS cheap but it is almost impossible to get unmetered bandwidth colocation.

• cociucociu Member
    edited January 2020

JoeF said: I was wondering why I can get a unmetered bandwidth VPS cheap but it is almost impossible to get unmetered bandwidth colocation.

no space , no cooling , no many electrical cost ? (all this is splited with another users in the same node ) also unlimited vps not mean (in most of the case) use the traffic all day all night at full power .

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Send an email to sales@ fdcservers. They're the cheapest I've ever seen for high bandwidth colo packages. As long as you're fine with single-homed Cogent.

• @MasonR said:
    Send an email to sales@ fdcservers. They're the cheapest I've ever seen for high bandwidth colo packages. As long as you're fine with single-homed Cogent.

Crazy cheap for 1Gbps unmetered. Still 4 times OP’s budget though.

• I was wondering why I can get a unmetered bandwidth VPS cheap but it is almost impossible to get unmetered bandwidth colocation.

Most unmetered VPS provider will kick you out if you run 70TB per month. Actually not even 35TB.

• TerenasTerenas Member
    edited January 2020

@elliotc said:

Most unmetered VPS provider will kick you out if you run 70TB per month. Actually not even 35TB.

If you can get your vps to even generate that much traffic with the available of resources on most of those vps

• oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

Do you just have 1U server or is it a 1u firewall?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@oplink said:

I am not a colo client, but was nice to see that email about the unmetered change.

Thanked by 1oplink
  • @oplink said:

1u server.