Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes : New Year - New Location: Pre-order special+Q1 Bonanza+Switcher & Bencher Special - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes : New Year - New Location: Pre-order special+Q1 Bonanza+Switcher & Bencher Special

Comments

• @FAT32 said:

@seriesn said:
    Dick. I woke up, saw this while still half asleep, panicked and than realized, source code editing. Quality Job sir. Quality Job!!

Sorry :cold_sweat:

You need a troll tag

• @FAT32 said:

@seriesn said:
    Dick. I woke up, saw this while still half asleep, panicked and than realized, source code editing. Quality Job sir. Quality Job!!

Relax my friend, his comments were purely sarcastic and light hearted :-) I got the same reaction when I pranked him about one of his threads via PM :-)

Your creativity sir 32 is astounding lol

• @poisson said:

@FAT32 said:

@seriesn said:

You need a troll tag

Agreed! Some l33t h@xor level stuff right there !! Had a good chuckle 😅

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited December 2019

@seriesn said:
    panicked and than realized, source code editing. Quality Job sir. Quality Job!!

Move over Kernel Panic, Provider Panic is here.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited December 2019

@dahartigan said:

@FAT32 said:

@seriesn said:

Relax my friend, his comments were purely sarcastic and light hearted :-) I got the same reaction when I pranked him about one of his threads via PM :-)

Your creativity sir 32 is astounding lol

Haha. Potassium Mugger 🤣 That was indeed prem creativity by sir @FAT32

• zhujiwikizhujiwiki Member
    edited December 2019

LOST SHAFTBAMBOO!!!

Thanked by 3uptime poisson seriesn
  • seriesnseriesn Member
    edited December 2019

@zhujiwiki said:
    LOST SHAFTBAMBOO!!!

Haha.

Just a quick headsup, Poisson and GetShafted codes will expire on the 4th. Don't wait too long.

Thanked by 1Jord
  • seriesn said: Now I don't want you to wait! We got some pre-order special located here, with some added hybrid fun

https://nexusbytes.com/cart.php?gid=17 from as low as $2.50/mo.

These should have NVMe + HDD or what "hybrid" means?

• @imok said:

seriesn said: Now I don't want you to wait! We got some pre-order special located here, with some added hybrid fun

https://nexusbytes.com/cart.php?gid=17 from as low as $2.50/mo.

These should have NVMe + HDD or what "hybrid" means?

Hybrid ran out of stock. :(

Remaining stock is only for nvme space, which is still double the usual offering :)

Storage nodes will become available during the initial launch as well, which should help a bit.

• The VPS-4G-Pre-Order-Special looks sweet.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited December 2019

@imok said:
    The VPS-4G-Pre-Order-Special looks sweet.

If add the coupon code poisson and leave GetShafted on the comment section/additional note, it will give you diabetes ;).

Join the family sir if you haven’t !!

• To apply for the switch promotion, the service with the current provider has to be at the same price of the new one with you?

• @imok said:
    To apply for the switch promotion, the service with the current provider has to be at the same price of the new one with you?

Not at all!

Credit Applies in 2 steps
    - We will credit you for the remaining balance with your current provider or Upto 6 months of service. Which ever is the lowest.

• If the first one is lesser than 6 months, you will receive 4 months of service credit.

As long as you meet the guideline (being active with your current provider for atleast 2 months and not canceling your service before joining Nexus Bytes.

Credit can be applied during service renewal or for additional services :)

• @imok said:
    To apply for the switch promotion, the service with the current provider has to be at the same price of the new one with you?

Either you get 4 months extra service straight up, or up to 6 months if your current contract with another provider has lots of months to go (e.g. 8 months to go @ 8 bucks per month and you buy a 6 bucks per month Nexus Bytes plan).

• OK, I'm in. Bought one to see how good nexusbytes is.
    Could I buy them later with this price in bulk?

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited January 2020

@hiphiphip0 said:
    OK, I'm in. Bought one to see how good nexusbytes is.

Welcome to the Family :D

Hopefully, we will live up to your expectations boss :)

As long as you upgrade with in 24 months, you are/will be eligible to upgrade at the same promo rate :)

• poissonpoisson Member
    edited January 2020

@hiphiphip0 said:

If in stock and in Q1, why not?

And how good is Nexus Bytes in terms of extended period of performance? I have some cold, hard data (need to collect more before publishing) that suggests to me their VPS is so well-managed they probably blow off low-end dedicated any day and timrefor performance. Tested at random times each day for about 3 weeks now and performance on all host node indicators (CPU/RAM and disk) is ridiculously constantly high performing. Stay tuned for the hard evidence in a couple of weeks.

Thanked by 2seriesn dahartigan
  • @poisson said:

@hiphiphip0 said:

If in stock and in Q1, why not?

And how good is Nexus Bytes in terms of extended period of performance? I have some cold, hard data (need to collect more before publishing) that suggests to me their VPS is so well-managed they probably blow off low-end dedicated any day and timrefor performance. Tested at random times each day for about 3 weeks now and performance on all host node indicators (CPU/RAM and disk) is ridiculously constantly high performing. Stay tuned for the hard evidence in a couple of weeks.

Can’t wait to see the results!!

• Hello, does "NAT backup VPS" mean that the IPv4 address is shared between several users?
    How about ordering an additional IPv4 address?

• @Developer_HZH said:
    Hello, does "NAT backup VPS" mean that the IPv4 address is shared between several users?

Yes, the IP address is shared and you are given 5 ports. As far as I know, the NAT VPS is mainly for backup and you can't get an IPv4 address for your NAT VPS, but I will leave it to @seriesn to confirm this.

The NAT VPS does come with HAProxy which you can easily forward incoming connections at your allocated ports on the public ip to any port on your NAT VPS.

• @Developer_HZH said:
    Hello, does "NAT backup VPS" mean that the IPv4 address is shared between several users?

Hey bud!

For the backup vps, there is no option for additional ipv4 or anything else. The complete idea is to use that additional vps for backup purpose.

However, you can easily setup port forwarding (upto 5 free port) from the control panel :)

• Sat down and did the price-performance evaluation for their lowest pre-order special, and it is great value when you start stacking promos together: https://lowendboxes.review/nexus-bytes-la-ryzen-3900x-pre-order-special/

And if you need a really bad-ass VPS, he goes all the way to 12 vCPUs, 12GB RAM, 360GB NVMe and 12TB monthly bandwidth!

• @seriesn said:

Storage VPS: https://nexusbytes.com/cart.php?gid=10 (NY and LA storage will be available starting the 10th)

Sounds very interesting. I've been looking for a NYC Metro/NJ area storage VPS for a long time without luck. What datacenter will the NY storage be in?

Will the pricing on your NY and LA storage be the same as currently displayed on your site for EU storage? And will it be possible to stack plans to get more storage (for example, 4 TB)?

• @aj_potc said:

@seriesn said:

Storage VPS: https://nexusbytes.com/cart.php?gid=10 (NY and LA storage will be available starting the 10th)

Sounds very interesting. I've been looking for a NYC Metro/NJ area storage VPS for a long time without luck. What datacenter will the NY storage be in?

Will the pricing on your NY and LA storage be the same as currently displayed on your site for EU storage? And will it be possible to stack plans to get more storage (for example, 4 TB)?

As far as I know, as long as it is not illegal, unreasonable or technically unfeasible, @seriesn will try to meet your requirements. Drop him a PM.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited January 2020

VPS-2 Plan, New York
    https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15098330

I will post more BM results later

Edit: I ran the usual battery of tests- nench, bench, YABS, Speedtest. You may find the results here.

I also had some chat/ clarifications with @seriesn, based on which I will update the post later tonight. These are general remarks/ comments, to be read as 'extra notes'

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @aj_potc said:

@seriesn said:

QTS :)

Pricing will be the similar and revamped just like we did for our current NVME line :)

Stacking is the name of the game. Buy More, Stack Better, NexusBytes (hopefully Walmart won't sue me for that 😂)

Thanked by 1aj_potc
  • GetShafted and Poisson codes is no longer active. Got a small amount of pre-order stocks left. Get em before they are gone, Join the family if you haven't yet! <3

Thanked by 1poisson
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@seriesn you send me around 26 emails for critical maintenance

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Well, he's got to make sure you are well informed, sir.

• I only got the one email if that makes any difference @agentmishra but 26 would be plenty to ensure you never forget lol