Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How reliable is hostsolutions.ro? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How reliable is hostsolutions.ro?

2»

Comments

• @angstrom said:
    @JohnRoe

I guess that you had second thoughts about your earlier try:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/152696/pls-delete

I am now opened to comply with the takedown. But I need a provider that doesn't take me down after receiving multiple notice as long as is taking them down. But having a provider that ignore them all is better.
    Thanks.

• @PHDan said:

SCAM_DONT_BUY said: Go back to your own league and stop harassing cociu.

I think you forgot to log out of your alt account poisson.

I was about to call the cops to check on you because strangely you have been too quiet of late. I am glad that you are still alive.

• The Russians are a safer bet.

• To those who are just reading this, I am searching for a provider that can tolerate and let me remove the content instead of banning. A providers who ignore any takedown request will be much better.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited December 2019

@JohnRoe said:

@K4Y5 said:

@JohnRoe said:
    Hi. I am searching for server provider that doesn't mind about copyright material linking. Or at least, I need a provider that doesn't mind with many takedown notice as long as I remove them.

After a big of digging, @cociou name constantly popping up.

So I am wondering, how reliable is hostsolutions.ro?
    I was his user back then and the server was working great and he is a friendly person too.

My website will receive quite a lot of user and great uptime is a must. After seeing some bad reviews, I am wondering if I can rely on his server?

Also @cociu, is there any ongoing promotion?

Hopefully no offence is taken by cociu.

Thanks!!

It's all fun and games jumping between providers who race their way to the bottom or LEB front page, till you lose something important trying to save a couple of pennies.

Remember, you get what you pay for.

I actually not really trying to saving up. Instead I need a provider that fit my requirements and hostsolution did. Is there any other alternative you know?

Got nothing against @cociu. He is a decent guy who is willing to help out when possible. However, if you value reliability, his storage VMs are not something I'd recommend based on personal experience with a couple of them for close to a year.

However, if you are willing to spend a little extra, there are a few providers who offer better, more reliable options - @Francisco @key900 @Abdullah @seriesn

@JohnRoe said:
    To those who are just reading this, I am searching for a provider that can tolerate and let me remove the content instead of banning. A providers who ignore any takedown request will be much better.

In that case you're better off with a Kimsufi server. They're pretty cheap for the quality of network and the hardware they offer, with the only limitation being 100Mbit port speed.

Thanked by 2poisson letbox
  • @K4Y5 said:

@JohnRoe said:

@K4Y5 said:

@JohnRoe said:
    Hi. I am searching for server provider that doesn't mind about copyright material linking. Or at least, I need a provider that doesn't mind with many takedown notice as long as I remove them.

After a big of digging, @cociou name constantly popping up.

So I am wondering, how reliable is hostsolutions.ro?
    I was his user back then and the server was working great and he is a friendly person too.

My website will receive quite a lot of user and great uptime is a must. After seeing some bad reviews, I am wondering if I can rely on his server?

Also @cociu, is there any ongoing promotion?

Hopefully no offence is taken by cociu.

Thanks!!

It's all fun and games jumping between providers who race their way to the bottom or LEB front page, till you lose something important trying to save a couple of pennies.

Remember, you get what you pay for.

I actually not really trying to saving up. Instead I need a provider that fit my requirements and hostsolution did. Is there any other alternative you know?

Got nothing against @cociu. He is a decent guy who is willing to help out when possible. However, if you value reliability, his storage VMs are not something I'd recommend based on personal experience with a couple of them for close to a year.

However, if you are willing to spend a little extra, there are a few providers who offer better, more reliable options - @Francisco @key900 @Abdullah @seriesn

@JohnRoe said:
    To those who are just reading this, I am searching for a provider that can tolerate and let me remove the content instead of banning. A providers who ignore any takedown request will be much better.

In that case you're better off with a Kimsufi server. They're pretty cheap for the quality of network and the hardware they offer, with the only limitation being 100Mbit port speed.

Agree. @cociu provides great value for my storage servers but mission critical stuff I will assess again end of 2020.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@JohnRoe said:

BuyVM - LU location. Tolerable as long as you honestly remove the content.
    Check for stock here: https://buyvmstock.com/

If you're happy, use my affiliate/referral code

Also, as many have said, no proper legit business will "ignore" any takedown request. If there would be such a provider, please tell Mr. Gottfrid Svartholm (TPB founder) and Kim Dotcom (Megaupload) to host their sites/infra there.

As long as you keep removing reported content, you're fine with most of the hosts.

Thanked by 2uptime maverickp
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

BuyVM Luxembourg location is supposed to be getting block storage "slabs" sometime in 2020 but probably not for another several months at least. However - with the anycast IP and DDoS protection features, BuyVM does seem to be a reasonable candidate for some front end duty in a more robust / redundant system design - which possibly could proxy backend storage elsewhere (or something along those lines - it's not exactly obvious to me how it might work in any precise detail). Again I would just encourage @JohnRoe to do more research on high-availability systems if that's indeed what their important application demands - just be prepared to pay for all the necessary redundancy, engineering, and support accordingly.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • @cociu is anything but a great uptime. You should never, ever expect great uptime on @cociu servers.

• Can your site scale across multiple servers? HostSolutions, M247, Scaleway, OVH, BuyVM are some options that tend to be lenient about DMCA notices, with BuyVM as one of the most reliable options.

• pkrpkr Member
    edited December 2019

@seriesn said:
    A premium branded one might cost 20, but will serve you multiple months while the dollar store branded one will cost a dollar but you will buy one every month. In the long run, are you really saving?

AA and AAA batteries from the dollar store work great for mouse and TV remote :wink:

• @pkr said:

@seriesn said:
    A premium branded one might cost 20, but will serve you multiple months while the dollar store branded one will cost a dollar but you will buy one every month. In the long run, are you really saving?

AA and AAA batteries from the dollar store work great for mouse and TV remote :wink:

Gotta replace em every other month tho :P

• @seriesn said:

@pkr said:

@seriesn said:

Gotta replace em every other month tho :P

Not friendly for the environment.
    If rechargeable less damaging but still bad.

• @yokowasis said:
    @cociu is anything but a great uptime. You should never, ever expect great uptime on @cociu servers.

That’s true, he is working on making the network more reliable though & customer support needs a upgrade too.

• My last interactions with support have been quite quick. Before i was waiting weeks and was fed up but the last few times its fast.

• sjkmesjkme Member
    edited December 2019

@RAINMAN said:
    My last interactions with support have been quite quick. Before i was waiting weeks and was fed up but the last few times its fast.

That’s good to hear, I just opened a new ticket on the 28th no response yet (Saturday) kvm won’t boot after reinstall, the support staff must be off on holiday until the 1st I guess

update

just got a response, definitely a lot faster than last time.

• sjkme said: the support staff must be off on holiday until the 1st I guess

we are less people working this days but we work.

• Not very reliable.

• @cociu said:

sjkme said: the support staff must be off on holiday until the 1st I guess

we are less people working this days but we work.

That didn't age well

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Ban the necromancer.

Anyway, so it begins, the first stage of grief.

Thanked by 1LowLowLow
This discussion has been closed.