Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hestia or VestaCP?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hestia or VestaCP?

Hestia or VestaCP. Do you have a preference and why? I know there are other panels, but I'm going to use one of these because it is best for my current needs.

Comments

• On Debian 9, I have to revert back to VestaCP due to below open bug https://github.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/issues/548. WIll try again on Ubuntu 18.04. Reason for HestiaCP is being more active development

Thanked by 1wilbo
  • Good to know. I was going to use Debian 9, will use Ubuntu now. Thank you.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

None, I like DirectAdmin because it's prem.

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

do hestia allow ipv6?

Thanked by 1timelapse
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Hestia works well, I've set it up and use it for a bit and found nothing that I didn't like. It's just Vesta that's maintained better and looks prettier.

@agentmishra If I remember correctly yes.

Thanked by 3timelapse miu coreflux
  • Try myvestacp

• aapanel try..

• Unfortunately, Hestia did not support softaculous and centos when I tried.
    By the looks, Hestia seems to be better.

But, I feel vesta is more dependable as it is security audited by rack911.(did not try myvesta yet).

• @kaz050457 said:
    aapanel try..

Aapanel also looks good and promising.

• I went with VestaCP. Couldn't get myvesta to install softaculous. :(

• @A_m_i_t said:
    Try myvestacp

Summon @bikegremlin so he can drag @dpeca and explains why you should use MyVestaCP.

• Just tried MyVestaCP> @A_m_i_t said:

Try myvestacp

Just tried myvestacp which support Debian 10 also. Everything looks good except that dns cluster is not working with myvestacp. May be I am missing something. I am able to sync dns from myvestacp to vestacp but not from myvestacp to myvestacp. I have not setup security keyword. May be API is by default disabled in myvestacp. Any one know how I can enable api etc and do dns sync from myvestacp to myvestacp.

• MyVestaCP has everything that I wanted. Thanks for sharing.
    VestaCP still uses Apache "prefork" that's why I never installed it, but MyVestaCP uses Apache "event".

I have Apache + Nginx reverse proxy + PHP-FPM installed on my VPS. Can anyone tell me what should I use for "Web Template"? I did not find any documentation about it.

Options are:

-hosting
    -PHP-FPM
    -PHP-FPM-Public

• @pkr

I googled for MyVestaCP but it always return Vestacp search result, can you give me the url?

• @Matt247 said:
    @pkr

I googled for MyVestaCP but it always return Vestacp search result, can you give me the url?

https://github.com/myvesta/vesta/blob/master/README.md#myvesta-control-panel

Thanked by 2pkr Matt247
  • @sonic said:

@Matt247 said:
    @pkr

https://github.com/myvesta/vesta/blob/master/README.md#myvesta-control-panel

Thanks!

• @Matt247 said:
    @pkr

https://github.com/myvesta/vesta

Try bing instead of google. Using google, I did not find MyVestaCP, but bing found it.

Thanked by 1Matt247
  • @pkr said:

@Matt247 said:
    @pkr

https://github.com/myvesta/vesta

Try bing instead of google. Using google, I did not find MyVestaCP, but bing found it.

interesting, bing actually return better result, gonna test this vestacp fork. thanks

• I am facing an issue with MyVestaCP. My website is based on Wordpress and in the general settings, I have put my Gmail id to receive emails from the website (e.g. contact us page or comments). When I use CentOS Web Panel, I receive emails from my website. But with MyVestaCP, I do not receive emails from the website. I tried to restart Exim and stopped antiviruses, but nothing helped.
    Any help on how to fix it?

• pkr said: Any help on how to fix it?

how about you start to learn some linux basics... like shell commands and how to administer a server? if you want to only rely on a panel or pasting internet codes better get some shared hosting.

however... I think you should run the bench from @FlamesRunner signature first. afaik it'll run some system-checks too -->

wget https://s.flamz.pw/dl/bench.sh && bash bench.sh

good luck.

Thanked by 2FlamesRunner pkr
  • Wait I thought Vesta wasn't recommended ever since the hack? Has that all been resolved now?

• nemnem Member, Host Rep

@unknownbullet said:
    Wait I thought Vesta wasn't recommended ever since the hack? Has that all been resolved now?

Until the next hack. Rack911 did another shakedown and found more vulnerabilities in addition to what's already been found.

It's hard to write safe code in bash.

• @agentmishra said:
    do hestia allow ipv6?

I have same question. Which panel can be installed on vps with ~128 mb ram and supports ipv6

• @Falzo said:

pkr said: Any help on how to fix it?

how about you start to learn some linux basics... like shell commands and how to administer a server? if you want to only rely on a panel or pasting internet codes better get some shared hosting.

however... I think you should run the bench from @FlamesRunner signature first. afaik it'll run some system-checks too -->

wget https://s.flamz.pw/dl/bench.sh && bash bench.sh

good luck.

Thanks for the suggestion. I do most of the things on the command line, but I use hosting panels just to save some time. After banging my head on the monitor for several hours, I found a temporary fix.

• @unknownbullet said:
    Wait I thought Vesta wasn't recommended ever since the hack? Has that all been resolved now?

I think other free panels have more bugs that VestaCP has. ☺️☺️😊
    MyVestaCP is a bit different than VestaCP.

• Check tinycp.com

@timelapse said:

@agentmishra said:
    do hestia allow ipv6?

I have same question. Which panel can be installed on vps with ~128 mb ram and supports ipv6

@timelapse said:

@agentmishra said:
    do hestia allow ipv6?

@timelapse said:

@agentmishra said:
    do hestia allow ipv6?

• Consider Virtualmin. Great and beautiful control panel.

• dpecadpeca Member

@davi said:
    Just tried MyVestaCP> @A_m_i_t said:

Try myvestacp

Just tried myvestacp which support Debian 10 also. Everything looks good except that dns cluster is not working with myvestacp. May be I am missing something. I am able to sync dns from myvestacp to vestacp but not from myvestacp to myvestacp. I have not setup security keyword. May be API is by default disabled in myvestacp. Any one know how I can enable api etc and do dns sync from myvestacp to myvestacp.

https://github.com/myvesta/vesta/issues/40#issuecomment-571810051

• I am using hestia, they have WordPress installer, so that's a plus. Too bad none of them have phpmyadmin auto login. I mean nobody is going to remember their WordPress database username and password.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@yokowasis said:
    I am using hestia, they have WordPress installer, so that's a plus. Too bad none of them have phpmyadmin auto login. I mean nobody is going to remember their WordPress database username and password.

that's true. how about a password manager with browser extension?