Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wordpress Search related help!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wordpress Search related help!

armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Hello!

As title says, it's an issue related to Wordpress that i cannot seem to find a fix.

1. I need some plugin or some way to monitor the number of searches and what people search on my Wordpress based website. In that tiny small 'search box', would be also amazing if there is a plugin to show most searched keywords. Kinda like Google?

2. How to trick the Wordpress search once showing results to show them in an random order rather than newest. Can't find this either. Always showing the newest articiles while i want random order.

If anyone is familiar enough, thanks in advance for the help!

Comments

• searchmeter

• bikegremlinbikegremlin Member
    edited December 2019

Google the terms:

Google custom search for WordPress website (and how to implement it).

For search term analysis, Google Analytics offers it (Behaviour -> Site Search).

For setting it up, go to property -> View Settings - Query parameter (for WP search it's usually "s", while Google custom search will use "q").

This is more of a pointing in the right direction, if you get stuck, I'd be happy to help.
    Will probably write a tutorial in the next few months if all goes as planned.

• armandorg said: I need some plugin or some way to monitor the number of searches and what people search on my Wordpress based website. In that tiny small 'search box', would be also amazing if there is a plugin to show most searched keywords. Kinda like Google?

Matomo (previously known as Piwik). It's not a plugin, it's a free self-hosted alternative to Google Analytics.

It shows searches, keywords, trends. Really easy to use. It picks up WordPress automatically, no need to setup anything.

https://matomo.org/docs/site-search/