Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CyberPanel - Control Panel Based on OpenLiteSpeed [Updated!] - Page 28
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CyberPanel - Control Panel Based on OpenLiteSpeed [Updated!]

Comments

• Is it possible to run CyberPanel on 512MB of RAM?

• @s3wd0ugh I recommend 1GB, though it will install on 512MB of ram.

Thanked by 1s3wd0ugh
  • 2 questions:

1. Does cyberpanel allows remote backup on aws or Google drive ?
    2. Is it possible to recreate the website from the backups if I change the server? So, use the remote backup to extract my websites?

Note: this is similar to plesk or cpanel. I install a new server and repopulate the website from remote backups. Hassle free.

Thank you

• @HWAYS

Does cyberpanel allows remote backup on aws or Google drive ?

Yes, we recently introduced incremental backups, but they only support SFTP and AWS S3. (Google drive is not supported)

More details -> https://cyberpanel.net/docs/2-create-restore-incremental-backups/

Is it possible to recreate the website from the backups if I change the server? So, use the remote backup to extract my websites?

Yes, you can create and download backup using this guide -> https://cyberpanel.net/docs/1-backup-restore/

You can then upload it to any CyberPanel server and restore it. We also have CyberPanel to CyberPanel transfer -> https://cyberpanel.net/docs/3-remote-transfer/

And cPanel importer as well -> https://cyberpanel.net/docs/auto-import-cpanel-sites-to-cyberpanel/

Regards

Thanked by 1HWAYS
  • when will cyberpanel have autologin for phpmyadmin?

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • I think I remember CyberPanel was adding a feature to choose what to install like VestaCP does? Is that still a thing?

• @mgilang

I can look into it.

@s3wd0ugh

I suppose it is there but not integrated into the front bash, will take care.

• Is there any way to show real Visitor IP instead of CloudFlare IPs?

• @s3wd0ugh said:
    Is there any way to show real Visitor IP instead of CloudFlare IPs?

1. Add Cloudflare IPs in Allowed List under Server Configuration > Security

2. Set "Use Client IP in Header" to "Trusted IP only" under Server Configuration > General

3. Restart litespeed server.

• @Luke007 said:

@s3wd0ugh said:
    Is there any way to show real Visitor IP instead of CloudFlare IPs?

1. Add Cloudflare IPs in Allowed List under Server Configuration > Security

2. Set "Use Client IP in Header" to "Trusted IP only" under Server Configuration > General

3. Restart litespeed server.

I did end up doing it this way. Followed a tutorial to open up the OpenLiteSpeed Web Panel and then just follow their instructions, but was there no way just through CyberPanel?

• cat: /home/cyberpanel/6664: No such file or directory

Get this warning when creating a new website.

When you create a new database or ftp account, it does not consider the username of the account and will use the user you login with, could this be changed as it would make the panel much easier to use overall.

• I'm a user of cyberpanel before but i stopped using it for 3 reasons.

1.) Disk space gets full unnecessarily
    2.) CPU usage is very high
    3.) www to non www kind of redirections doesn't work that perfectly.

These are the major issue that made me leave cyberpanel & go back to Wordops.net NGINX LEMP stack.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • @ReserveHost Be sure you have the fresh and supported OS. Not all linux distros are supported. @vladimirlenin I am using it for a pretty long time and noticed some problems too, but since month or so it's pretty stable now and free of these errors.

• @Anna_Parker said:
    @ReserveHost Be sure you have the fresh and supported OS. Not all linux distros are supported. @vladimirlenin I am using it for a pretty long time and noticed some problems too, but since month or so it's pretty stable now and free of these errors.

I am using Centos 7 this is listed as supported in the documentation.

• As of now, CentOS 7, 8 and Ubuntu 18.04, 20.04 are supported. It is mentioned in the change logs.

@usmannasir update the documentation?

• ajpanajpan Member

Like it, but not mature enough

• @Diamondz said:
    As of now, CentOS 7, 8 and Ubuntu 18.04, 20.04 are supported. It is mentioned in the change logs.

@usmannasir update the documentation?

You are right, will have it updated.

Thank you.

• I am sorry but this is my honest review.
    Cyberpanel is a sh1tshow. The interface is lackluster. Security is Zero.

• I wonder if AAPanel is more stable than Cyberpanel? Anyone tried both?

• @desperand

The design itself is not very good, we are planning to change it.

@gwnd1989

This is not fair feedback for such an opensource effort. We had security issues and they were addressed as fast as possible. On top of that, we've also hired a security engineer dedicated to this task. So for our stable branches (until v2.0.1) if you find any issues feel free to contact.

You can see more details regarding this on our change-log when v1.9.4 was announced -> https://cyberpanel.net/docs/change-log-for-cyberpanel/

CyberPanel is also mostly user-driven. Most of the features were added upon user requests, such as we've recently added Google Drive backups (https://cyberpanel.net/docs/backup-to-google-drive/) in the upcoming version (v2.0.2)

Apart from that now any version (even the current active dev branch) can be installed, instructions for that are available here https://cyberpanel.net/docs/installing-cyberpanel/

Thanked by 1pxnji
  • @desperand Update documentation to include the support OS list.

• vovlervovler Member

@cyberpersons said:
    Update documentation to include the support OS list.

Were all those vulnerabilities found previously fixed?

• @vovler

Yes along with others that were found by our engineer. This is upto the current stable branch v2.0.1

As there are few functions in v2.0.2-dev (currently active dev) branch that needs my attention.

Thanked by 1DarkCarnage
  • Hi, I am a bit curious, how much server resource does Cyberpanel take?
    Thank you!

• Cyberpanel need Control login access to the Admin Panel by IP.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@Tony40 said: Cyberpanel need Control login access to the Admin Panel by IP.

What do you mean by this?

• Tony40Tony40 Member
    edited February 2021

@skorupion said:

@Tony40 said: Cyberpanel need Control login access to the Admin Panel by IP.

What do you mean by this?

Restrict administrative access to IP.... Whitelist IP - Grants access only for listed addresses. .. aapanel and keyhelp both have this feature.

• @KenobisVPS said:
    Hi, I am a bit curious, how much server resource does Cyberpanel take?
    Thank you!

5-6 MBs of RAM if not in use. Depending on OS,number of backups running and other stuff it can vary

@Tony40 said:
    Cyberpanel need Control login access to the Admin Panel by IP.

CyberPanel can be accessed by both IP or hostname, similarly the port can be limited to whiitelisted IPs

• @muttahir said:

@KenobisVPS said:
    Hi, I am a bit curious, how much server resource does Cyberpanel take?
    Thank you!

5-6 MBs of RAM if not in use. Depending on OS,number of backups running and other stuff it can vary

@Tony40 said:
    Cyberpanel need Control login access to the Admin Panel by IP.

CyberPanel can be accessed by both IP or hostname, similarly the port can be limited to whiitelisted IPs

I can't see, where you can filter control panel accessed to IPs in the admin area.