Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching VPS for personal VPN without copyright abuses
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Searching VPS for personal VPN without copyright abuses

Hello everyone! I have one question: can you recommend VPS provider with following requrements?
1) For personal VPN (for bypassing Russian Internet blocks and downloading torrents) ((Streisand/Shadowsocks with v2Ray + OpenVPN or Wireguard + NGINX) + Unbound + Pi-hole)
2) Location: preferably Europe, but if it is not possible, I'll consider other locations (NOT Russia, Belorussia, Ukraine (they have their own blocks), USA (copyright and distance), UK (copyright), Germany (copyright), Asian countries (due to low latency)).
3) Hardware and storage: not critical, except RAM (preferably 2 GB, but 1-1.5 GB is also considered) and virtualisation type (KVM prefered). If these requirements are too big or not sufficient for running mentioned software, then changes are possible
4) Bandwith: preferably 1 GBps (but if it isn't possible, 100MBps is okay) and unlimited traffic (if not possible, then not less than 1-2 TB)
5) Budget: max 10 euros per month (preferably max 7-8 euros)
6) Payment with bitcoins is supported

Promo offers are welcomed!

Thanks in beforehand.

Comments

• Almost forgot: no ID should be required

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2019

@dmigis said:
    Almost forgot: no ID should be required

I think you asking too much for your budget? why not to use Windscribe VPN services as their plans starts from $1 per month and you will be able to select location for your personal VPN for your whatever usage.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • And if without the "no ID" requrement?

• pikepike Veteran
    edited December 2019

Because using a VPN can get u jailed now in russia, so to avoid getting busted one should go selfhosted.

Cheap + Easy on coypright + High availability doesnt appear often. You should consider getting a cheap seedbox for torrenting and a not-so-cheap VPS with some reliable provider for your proxy/VPN.

Thanked by 1chrisp
  • dmigisdmigis Member
    edited December 2019

@pike said:
    Because using a VPN can get u jailed now in russia, so to avoid getting busted one should go selfhosted.

Currently you'll be not jailed, but DPI is beginning its march through the country + lots of Digital Ocean, Hetzner, OVH and EC2 IP's are blocked due to reckless IP blocking in order to block Telegram completely

Cheap + Easy on coypright + High availability doesnt appear often. You should consider getting a cheap seedbox for torrenting and a not-so-cheap VPS with some reliable provider for your proxy/VPN.

Even if I'm not going to store torrents on the server? (Mostly downloading from Russian (nowdays blocked) trackers + books from flibusta))

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@dmigis said:
    Almost forgot: no ID should be required

use such service/website like stacksocial.com (example: https://stacksocial.com/sales/windscribe-vpn-pro-4-yr-subscription ) purchase the voucher / code for x duration of years and your VPN provider will not ask for any verification details, just email address, password and voucher / code.

• Check out hicoria.com
    It is Czech based game and VPS hosting company.
    The most basic VPS costs 2.61€ monthly and you get 20gb SSD, 1 CPU core and 1gb ram.
    https://hicoria.com/en/intro/order/vps
    There are multiple payment options including bitcoin.
    I have a multi year experience, it's not the greatest service, but it's really good for the price.

• @62Rz6z said:
    Check out hicoria.com
    The most basic VPS costs 2.61€ monthly and you get 20gb SSD, 1 CPU core and 1gb ram.
    I have a multi year experience, it's not the greatest service, but it's really good for the price.

and that is no dmca or anti-copyright ? I dont see any TOS in their page, can you provide a link of it?

Thanks!

• @eKo said:

@62Rz6z said:
    Check out hicoria.com

and that is no dmca or anti-copyright ? I dont see any TOS in their page, can you provide a link of it?

Thanks!

Nobody in EU is going to sell you a service without DMCA/copyright things in terms of service. The difference is only in the way they enforce it.
    They do have terms of service, but it is not translated. Read following parts as they seem to be relevant "Práva a povinnosti zákazníka" and "Vyloučení z provozu".
    https://hicoria.com/en/intro/home/vop

• pikepike Veteran
    edited December 2019

@62Rz6z said:
    Nobody in EU is going to sell you a service without DMCA/copyright things in terms of service. The difference is only in the way they enforce it.

Sure you can find such service in the EU, just I wouldn't recommend using that as VPN for regular web surfing, gaming etc.

So to direct OP, you could go with Hetzner and pick the smallest 2,5€/m VPS in finland if their finland location has good routing to your home ISP. They're cheap, they give u 20TB of bandwith where only outgoing is even measured, they deliver good quality, they don't like copyright related abusemails though. So for torrenting you could get a seedbox from hostsolutions.ro, that is 4,5€/m for a 1TB KVM with 10TB of traffic. As for software to use, based on Debian or Ubuntu I would go for deluge and deluge-webui.

With 7€/m this setup is below your limit. You could even get something more expensive for the VPN like a 5€/m Leaseweb, PHP-Friends Winterspezial 8€/m.

Also I wouldnt take recommendations from someone that got scammed in the last LEB deadpools.

Edit: Forgot about the Bitcoin thingy, Hetzner and PHP Friends dont accept crypto, not sure about hostsolutions.

• 12$/year (1$/month) for Switzerland VPN location from Windscribe :)

• Cloud at Cost would technically meet all those requirements. Based in Canada. Missed out on a 90% off coupon the other day, but they have a 30% off for Christmas.

To be clear, I'm not recommending, just making you aware of this option.

• Ympker said: 12$/year (1$/month) for Switzerland VPN location from Windscribe

How? The minimum purchase for Build a Plan package is $2.

• Coffee said: How? The minimum purchase for Build a Plan package is $2.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/windscribe-vpn-pro-3-yr-subscription

promo code MBSAVE40 brings it down to $36 or $12/yr

• edited December 2019

Mullvad VPN sounds like what you need. They accept btc and gift cards, no logs, never been hacked, and they couldn't care less what you use it for.

Edit: Or a TOR router, or both, because why not 🤷🏻‍♂️

• except RAM (preferably 2 GB)

It's way too much for your usecase, IMHO.

• @pike said:
    a not-so-cheap VPS with some reliable provider for your proxy/VPN.

Gullo's offer for $2/year works just fine for me.

• @dimqua said:

@pike said:
    a not-so-cheap VPS with some reliable provider for your proxy/VPN.

Gullo's offer for $2/year works just fine for me.

For torrents on a shared IPv4? No thanks.

• @TimboJones said:
    For torrents on a shared IPv4? No thanks.

No, a seedbox for torrents is preferable options anyway. :smile:

BTW, what's wrong with torrents on a shared IP?