Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku - Page 26
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku

Comments

• You mean the rules on LEB stating that all offers for vpsses must be under 10 usd/month for unmanaged and under 30 usd/month for managed?

I definitely
    have not
    seen any
    offers breaking
    those rules
    lately.

Not even by ColoCrossing-owned brands themselves.

And no, calling a VPS a "dedicated" does not magically MAKE it into a dedicated server. Looking at you, HostNamaste.

These 8 examples of offers breaking self-imposed rules on LEB have been taken from the LAST MONTH of offers posted on LEB.

In that month 21 offers have been posted, of which 8 were not in compliance with LEB rules. That's a 38% failure rate.

• I just wanted to say I just got refunded the full $40 from SparkVPS ... FastSpring. Even though I was asking for a partial. Paypal escalation helps.

Thanked by 2pepa65 timelapse
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@ZechsArmyYT said:
    I just wanted to say I just got refunded the full $40 from SparkVPS ... FastSpring. Even though I was asking for a partial. Paypal escalation helps.

Congratulations.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

ZechsArmyYT said: I just wanted to say I just got refunded the full $40 from SparkVPS ... FastSpring. Even though I was asking for a partial. Paypal escalation helps.

Glad that worked out for you. Hopefully this is the common outcome for those impacted.

Thanked by 2SCAM_DONT_BUY pepa65
  • I bet that the reason for any semblance of contrition is simply that the publicity for their latest scam extended well beyond the low end circles. You reap what you sow.

• jbiloh said: Glad that worked out for you. Hopefully this is the common outcome for those impacted.

How about you go and get a Deluxe representative here? Or should we go and get one? I bet they have a word or two about your exit scams.

Thanked by 2pepa65 james50a
  • @SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

jbiloh said: Glad that worked out for you. Hopefully this is the common outcome for those impacted.

How about you go and get a Deluxe representative here? Or should we go and get one? I bet they have a word or two about your exit scams.

I am not surprised the reason why jbiloh is suddenly addressing these issues here is because Deluxe's representatives realised they invested in a poisoned chalice with that massive publicity on the 20 plus deadpooling host and turn the screws on these scammers.

Thanked by 2pepa65 james50a
  • After reading this and coming back from years long hibernation, I'm sticking to the other forum. We must all be masochists to be frequenting this place or willingly paying cut-throat prices from bottom-of-the-barrel 'providers'.

Disgusting but at the end of the day there are alternatives:

-No longer deal with hosts from this place
    -Stick to trusted companies that have been around for ages (e.g. BuyVM)
    -Move to a different forum which is what I'm doing from today onwards. Adios!

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited December 2019

Yeah, I'm mostly here to in passing at this point, I'm mostly enjoying low end spirit. Colo killed LET and LEB for me ages ago - but I stay for the tea :)

As far as I'm concerned, it is safer to assume:

• this scam, and many others, were entirely perpetuated BY colocrossing

I can't prove they didn't participate - and given their shady history - would prefer to just block them from getting a penny from anyone (directly or indirectly). I don't even care how they were involved at this point. We literally lose nothing by avoiding business with a shady company. Let them figure out how to save their brand, that's their problem. Me, I'm operating under the assumption they were involved and to never do business with them.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • Pity "El Reg" chose not to cover this story, they could dig out more interested details than most people could, other conditions equal.

So the scam hosts are down, and that's the end of story. Well, people now could become more wary against everything posted on LEB.

And yes, my comment(s) on LEB, related to the deadpool hosts, didn't survive. What a surprise...

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • Unsurprisingly, Umax's website is completely down around the time they claimed they'd have more information on refunds. We'll see what Fastspring has to say when Paypal comes knocking.

• @jbiloh said:

joepie91 said: You forgot 5. Avoid anything associated with ColoCrossing.

It's deeply unfortunate that customers of the hosting parent that collapsed were impacted in the way in which they were. Never a good outcome when end users don't receive what they paid for.

When it comes to financial damages ColoCrossing provided services for an extended period without payment from the hosting companies. Even still, ColoCrossing provided additional weeks of service (on ColoCrossing dime) so that end users could take backups, etc, after the hosting companies announced their closure.

As far as LEB goes and the posts, I am putting together a plan that will require more scrutiny for hosts who are featured there. Cannot allow repeats like this to happen.

Can we assume you're willing to cooperate with authorities in an investigation into these scammers then, since you're so adamant you're not involved?

Thanked by 2WSWD pepa65
  • @teamacc said:
    I'd be willing to try it for science if it wasn't for the fact that I'd effectively be burning the email attached to my paypal account regarding future spam.

Temp emails and prepaid cards help hahaha

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited December 2019

Pathetic, daylight robbery. With some of them not lasting a year you can be sure that 0 of all customers got what they paid for.

Hope for the datacenter's sake there's enough distance between them and these 'hosting companies' as it's essentially fraud. Maybe one of the yanks here should look at contacting the FTC.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • I think they didnt deadpool but just changed names... Close old brands, setup new ones for the new year. Happy New Year LEB

Thanked by 2pepa65 scooke

@timelapse said:
    I think they didnt deadpool but just changed names... Close old brands, setup new ones for the new year. Happy New Year LEB

New year, new name, same MO :joy:

• gksgks Member

@teamacc said:
    @jbiloh

From the wiki page of the deluxe corporation:

Deluxe produces ... fraud protection services

Yet tons of people got defrauded on LEB (yes, defrauded, a single entity running multiple scammy webhosts that were advertised by CC collapsed and took down 25 (!) web hosts), a site run by a Deluxe company.

Either you were unwilling to do the background checks on the crap you advertised (would make for a bad showing), or you failed with the background checks (which would look bad towards your parent company).

Pick one, I'll run with it.

Or They favour unverified host without background check or not even willing to do background check just because those scammers are hosted in CC. Sorry I am not buying from CC and LEB, possibly exit LET. I am enough with all.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • stanstan Member
    edited January 2020

One word. formerly Alpha racks, woothosting, ADD PSK hosting. Beware. That ones deadpooling very soon.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited January 2020

Backup yo' websites, backup yo' servers, and backup yo' backups too cos they deadpoolin' errybody out here. Run and tell that, homeboy.

• @stan said:
    One word. formerly Alpha racks, woothosting, ADD PSK hosting. Beware. That ones deadpooling very soon.

What is it about them that indicates to you they are deadpooling soon?

• @geekyhillbilly said:

@stan said:

You must be new around here sir?

Thanked by 2dahartigan kkrajk
  • @dahartigan said:
    Backup yo' websites, backup yo' servers, and backup yo' backups too cos they deadpoolin' errybody out here. Run and tell that, homeboy.

Backup? Ain't no body got time fo dat

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • KermEdKermEd Member
    edited January 2020

@geekyhillbilly said:

@stan said:

You mean besides the fact it is run by a scam group that deadpools their servers every few years and they created PSK after they ran out of money to keep alpha racks open? Their financing didn't change, just the name, and you are running on borrowed time.

Yeah, if there was ever a need for a condom for logging into servers - you'd best use it for PSK. But hey maybe you'll get lucky and they will only sell your data this time :D. By now your registration info, passwords and payment details are likely being passed around like crazy anyway - sound crazy?
    Well they did it before. But hey, you use a different PayPal and password on every site anyways, right? ;)

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • KermEd said: you are running on borrowed time

Yes, but timing is important, having another 11 months or having 1 week left makes a big difference, so the question is valid to ask: is there any special indication that the deadpooling is going to be really soon?

Thanked by 1l2o88j

@pepa65 said:

KermEd said: you are running on borrowed time

Yes, but timing is important, having another 11 months or having 1 week left makes a big difference, so the question is valid to ask: is there any special indication that the deadpooling is going to be really soon?

The 'special' indication could be in the form of offers, of which are 'special', for X number of years, and even up to a lifetime :joy:

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • KermEdKermEd Member
    edited January 2020

@pepa65 said:

KermEd said: you are running on borrowed time

I'd recommend inverting that question. Is there any special indication they won't? Last time someone asked me how risky alpha racks really is, they ignored me and went for it. The company went belly up the week after.

But it is your cash my friend. If you spend it rewarding those who have been honest with you though, you will slowly make the world a better place.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • i already note that when they scam me and i mention that the same owner of hostedsimply.com is the same of hosting73.com in this post;

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3040329#Comment_3040329

and to be honest i'm sure 99.99% that the owner of this forum (LowEndTalk.com) have close relationship or "maybe" he is the owner of all this scam list;

when i mention what happen to me and what they did to my "Jord" is a moderator here and he mention first post that the owner of "LET" is not the same of "LEB" and the end of the topic he say that's they belong to same people...

I mention "Jord" as a moderator, maybe he don't know all this shit things; but i'm sure 100% guys that these scammers around us from owners; they already have advertisement for them here ... and nobody give a shit..

Anyway; keep save.
    r1z

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @r1z said:
    i already note that when they scam me and i mention that the same owner of hostedsimply.com is the same of hosting73.com in this post;

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3040329#Comment_3040329

and to be honest i'm sure 99.99% that the owner of this forum (LowEndTalk.com) have close relationship or "maybe" he is the owner of all this scam list;

when i mention what happen to me and what they did to my "Jord" is a moderator here and he mention first post that the owner of "LET" is not the same of "LEB" and the end of the topic he say that's they belong to same people...

I mention "Jord" as a moderator, maybe he don't know all this shit things; but i'm sure 100% guys that these scammers around us from owners; they already have advertisement for them here ... and nobody give a shit..

Anyway; keep save.
    r1z

Jord is correct when he said, LET is not the same as LEB.

While they are both owned by the same company , LET members and mods have some says and liberty to dictate how this forum works (to certain extent) while LEB is, umm , how do I put it correct word, it is similar to 99.9% of the top 10 webhosting listing websites.

I can see they are “trying” to add new hosts to the LEB blog, but only time can tell, if this is yet another decisive attempt to lure new users into purchasing from another scam or they are genuinely trying to be a better version of themselves.

• @seriesn Let's tomorrow come dear...

be save;
    r1z

• @dahartigan said:

@joepie91 said:

dahartigan said: P.S. Anthony seems very intent on using this as an opportunity to attract visitors to his forum. Or am I the only one noticing this?

That's pretty obvious. It's also a pretty reasonable approach, IMO.

It's very difficult to counteract the network effect (which applies to forums also), but one of the very few ways to do so effectively, is to wait for a moment where everyone is feeling dissatisfied with the old thing, and taking that moment to tell everyone that there's a better option. If you can get enough critical mass going all at once, you can kickstart a new community successfully.

For sure there's nothing wrong, I agree. We have a history, and most of the things he's doing are thing he's accused me for, banned me and removed my sig when he wad admin here. I got to see a side of Anthony most people don't, and all I'm saying is that the irony is too strong for me to not comment on.

He's the same guy that gave me a mild warning for arguable reasons, then on my appeal to conform to some sort of netiquette called me "little girl" and told me to "stop being so sensitive", or else!

Off-topic, I am glad he's in his own coop now, I had a distinct bully feeling from the few exchanges we had.

Back on topic: I used TCNHost for a while and servers were going up and down quite often, support was doing their best but they were clearly not using any monitoring software and taking action on downtimes reported only through my support tickets.

I wanted to use the service for some experiments (it had been a while since I had last played with cPanel) so the dubious offer matched the bill for me. Cancelled the service before the deadpooling event because it was failing too often even for a playground.

After reading this thread and the implications about CC I am pretty sure I will not even visit LEB next time I want to shop for VPSes (or perhaps visit it to know what to NOT buy).

Thanked by 1h1z1