Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku - Page 25
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku

Comments

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited December 2019

@whiterabbit said:
    @seriesn just curious, would you be able to offer a 4c/4g/120g VPS and if so, for how much? shared/slow cores are fine.

Heya @whiterabbit !
    Please shoot me a PM with your budget. Just a fyi, I only do NVMe and SSD, so storage might be a bit expensive but you can get a slight idea regarding our current product lineup and pricing. https://nexusbytes.com/cart.php?gid=16

I am definitely not the cheapest and there are many great providers here, who can easily do cheaper. But you won't compromise quality with us and for the $ amount, I think we are still decently affordable:)

Thanked by 1whiterabbit
  • i had a solvedbydata account and never got the termination email.

woke up today to find everything gone.

poses

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @cabji said:
    i had a solvedbydata account and never got the termination email.

poses

That sucks. Hope you had some sort of backup....

• @cabji said:

poses

They will start findyourdata next.

Thanked by 1whiterabbit
  • @cabji said:

poses

Ouch.

• It seems sites formerly on DCN are now hosted on OVH Ca. Maybe switched or refuged?

• I never got an email from SolvedByData either. I only knew about it because of this forum, and the four or five emails from other totally unrelated (heh) providers.

• edited December 2019

Here ya go @timelapse Ordered the shared hosting on 12/2/19. Screenshot taken at 6a.m. CST 12/20/19.

Don't know what to use it for. Maybe I'll come up with just a static page about how my dog farted or something. Who knows!

• @timelapse said:

Host73 seems dead but DCN seems to be up still. Sites hosted I mean

Are you one of those who bought the $1 and $3 per year of PSK shared hosting? Pls share the uptime!

Initially it was a joke about PSK Hosting, but I'm still getting e-mails, so I may in fact jump on a $5 yearly shared with them. Christmas Sales, ya know. I'm not hoping for tremendous uptime, but for $.73 a day, what can you expect? I use these to primarily play with the Softaculous and Sitepad scripts.

It's a safe bet that PSK is using DirectAdmin, due to CPanel's crazy licensing scheme, so they could end up being a worthy contender in the low-end market, up from the ashes of where we thought they stood with the former AlphaRacks.

Thanked by 1timelapse
  • I was going to buy the $1 shared hosting deal but it was only 5 GB instead of the 10 GB I've come to expect from specious hosting companies so I passed.

• I got royally screwed by SolvedByData. Last year, I signed up for a three year contract. I contacted them with several questions before I paid and they were always polite and fast to respond. The service was great for the first month or two but of coarse it all turned to Sh!t once they BS'ed me past the credit card dispute period. I host my own stuff so this was my first experience with obtaining service from a provider so how was I to know?

So do these crooks ever get caught? I had no idea this type of scam existed.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • psk was the crap that rose out of the ashes from the alpharacks fiasco. I still get spam emails from them. wouldn't touch them with a 10 light-yr pole

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • Does anybody here have a positive experience with psk? I'm sure there's plenty of horrors, but if your expectations are low enough even the shittiest of the shit can be workable for some shitty tasks.

• @jeffshead said:
    I got royally screwed by SolvedByData. Last year, I signed up for a three year contract. I contacted them with several questions before I paid and they were always polite and fast to respond. The service was great for the first month or two but of coarse it all turned to Sh!t once they BS'ed me past the credit card dispute period. I host my own stuff so this was my first experience with obtaining service from a provider so how was I to know?

So do these crooks ever get caught? I had no idea this type of scam existed.

Before committing to any provider, always Google.

• timelapsetimelapse Member
    edited December 2019

@dahartigan said:
    Does anybody here have a positive experience with psk? I'm sure there's plenty of horrors, but if your expectations are low enough even the shittiest of the shit can be workable for some shitty tasks.

As @ruggieroav said, testing or trying scripts that can be installed by Softaculous instead of installing it yourself. Temp email for signups, etc :D Host demo/practice/sample sites, etc. I dont think they have Sitepad though.

For their vps like this one, vpn or voip like what @NerdUno does with some LEB hosts.

Any task that wouldnt require 99% uptime all the time?

1 CPU Core
    1.5 GB RAM
    30 GB Storage
    3 TB Monthly Transfer
    1000 Mbps Port
    1 IPv4 Address
    50 IPv6 Addresses by Request
    OpenVZ 7 (Latest Kernel!)
    Docker Supported
    Linux OS Options
    Virtualizor Management Panel

Order $14/year (Aff)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @timelapse thank you for sharing. What you mentioned is the exact reason I kept a shitty cpanel account or two around with softaculous and sitepad (not all have that)

I'm finding vz less appealing as time goes by, so the KVM deals grab my attention. The virmach BF deals were very cheap but very low on specs.

Thanked by 1timelapse
  • @dahartigan said:
    @timelapse thank you for sharing. What you mentioned is the exact reason I kept a shitty cpanel account or two around with softaculous and sitepad (not all have that)

I'm finding vz less appealing as time goes by, so the KVM deals grab my attention. The virmach BF deals were very cheap but very low on specs.

Vpshared has those 3 and is prem. 100% uptime for me.

I wish I got these during the Virmach BF :(

2vCore / 2048MB RAM / 20G SSD / 1xIP / 2000GB Bandwidth / $2/year
    1vCore / 2048MB RAM / 30G SSD / 1xIP / 400GB Bandwidth / $5/year

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, you ain't getting that aff paid out, surely.
    They deadpool before you get the payment, so why the hassle?

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • Speaking in general: they scammed a lot of people, probably including you, and you are still giving them money?

LOL

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • KermEdKermEd Member
    edited December 2019

Psk is going to deadpool any minute lol - if you buy anything from alpha racks I’m going to point at laugh when it’s gone 5 days later and I will judge you loudly. That’s if they even provision your service to begin with.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • I'd be willing to try it for science if it wasn't for the fact that I'd effectively be burning the email attached to my paypal account regarding future spam.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • Morale of the story is,

1. Not to buy from scam host who doesn't have valid business license.
    2. Don't buy using Credit Card, instead use Paypal, ensure that you cancel recurring subscription in paypal.
    3. If you are into fun websites/hobby business, testing, sandboxes buy from reliable LET providers here, the decent providers charge equal or more to Hetzner
    4. For small, sensitive businesses, look for German, or DO, Hetzner, OVH, Linode, Netcup sort of servers

I wish the community to come up a best practices to avoid scam further, as I see LEB again posting offers from unverified host.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@gks said:
    Morale of the story is,

1. Not to buy from scam host who doesn't have valid business license.
    2. Don't buy using Credit Card, instead use Paypal, ensure that you cancel recurring subscription in paypal.
    3. If you are into fun websites/hobby business, testing, sandboxes buy from reliable LET providers here, the decent providers charge equal or more to Hetzner
    4. For small, sensitive businesses, look for German, or DO, Hetzner, OVH, Linode, Netcup sort of servers

I wish the community to come up a best practices to avoid scam further, as I see LEB again posting offers from unverified host.

You forgot 5. Avoid anything associated with ColoCrossing.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

joepie91 said: You forgot 5. Avoid anything associated with ColoCrossing.

It's deeply unfortunate that customers of the hosting parent that collapsed were impacted in the way in which they were. Never a good outcome when end users don't receive what they paid for.

When it comes to financial damages ColoCrossing provided services for an extended period without payment from the hosting companies. Even still, ColoCrossing provided additional weeks of service (on ColoCrossing dime) so that end users could take backups, etc, after the hosting companies announced their closure.

As far as LEB goes and the posts, I am putting together a plan that will require more scrutiny for hosts who are featured there. Cannot allow repeats like this to happen.

• jbiloh said: As far as LEB goes and the posts, I am putting together a plan that will require more scrutiny for hosts who are featured there. Cannot allow repeats like this to happen.

Jon,
    Not taking a Jab at you or what so ever and I know that end of the day, you have the right to promote who you want to, because you are the one footing all the bills associated to maintaining LE network and I respect that.

But no one ever answered to our community question,
    why all these hosts were promoted on LEB back to back within a short span while some hosts, waited months (Even before those "hosts" who got promoted for the 2nd time) ?

I know old days of LEB was first in first out, which definitely wasn't the case here. Is there an escalation path we need to follow to get promoted?

Quick Note : After the recent incident, I no longer have any intention of getting promoted on LEB as I can live without the volume, but might be good info for the others who are trying to get featured.

Once again brother, not being a dick. Every company wants to make money (WHT charges extra for specific ad campaigns, memberships etc) and if LEB/CC has a policy that follows the same path, it is perfectly fair. But, I would totally appreciate, if it was disclosed publicly :). I mean, $700 for a weekly sticky at WHT is definately not cheap and if that is the similar cost get featured at LEB, it would make sense.

Thanked by 3Daniel15 pepa65 kkrajk
  • @jbiloh

From the wiki page of the deluxe corporation:

Deluxe produces ... fraud protection services

Yet tons of people got defrauded on LEB (yes, defrauded, a single entity running multiple scammy webhosts that were advertised by CC collapsed and took down 25 (!) web hosts), a site run by a Deluxe company.

Either you were unwilling to do the background checks on the crap you advertised (would make for a bad showing), or you failed with the background checks (which would look bad towards your parent company).

Pick one, I'll run with it.

• @jbiloh said:
    As far as LEB goes and the posts, I am putting together a plan that will require more scrutiny for hosts who are featured there. Cannot allow repeats like this to happen.

So "CHANGES ARE COMING"?

Yeah, I've had my fill of changes last time around.

Good luck trying to lie to anyone else on this site though.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • Also, here's a screen cap of a discord chat I had with chris back on the 30th of July 2019.

Have no illusions, CC was well aware that the pricing on the stuff THEY promoted would be unsustainable the moment those cpanel price hikes went into effect.

Judging by Chris's wording, they did not tell their clients until it was too late. They, however, kept promoting the low price deals on LEB knowing FULL WELL that a price hike was coming soon, and the pricing listed on LEB would not be covering the increase in cPanel fees.

ColoCrossing is at fault here and should be fully blamed for this SINGULAR company going belly-up.

Aside, of course, from the part where they had to actively take part in pretending these were separate organisations.

AND NOW THEY WANT PRAISE FOR KEEPING THE DAMN SERVERS UP FOR 10 MORE DAYS?

Get the fuck out of your own forum.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@jbiloh said:

joepie91 said: You forgot 5. Avoid anything associated with ColoCrossing.

It's deeply unfortunate that customers of the hosting parent that collapsed were impacted in the way in which they were. Never a good outcome when end users don't receive what they paid for.

Translation --

We're sorry we gave exclusive advertising rights on our platform to a stretchy host simply because they were renting a good number of servers from us. We knew allowing brand new, unregistered companies (all owned by the same individual) to advertise servers paid a year up front would end in disaster, but we allowed it anyway.

When it comes to financial damages ColoCrossing provided services for an extended period without payment from the hosting companies. Even still, ColoCrossing provided additional weeks of service (on ColoCrossing dime) so that end users could take backups, etc, after the hosting companies announced their closure.

Translation --

We continued featuring this individual's various companies on our platform long after we stopped getting payments from him. This allowed your ability to dispute the transaction to wither away so once the closing announcement came out, it was too late.

But don't fret because we gave you all a week or so to get your data off of the servers before we pulled the plug. We took a hard hit to our revenue to keep that rack of servers online for you all, which would otherwise be idling. We hope that by doing this, we can shift the blame away from ColoCrossing/Deluxe because we're the "good guys" here after all! But don't worry, we aren't accepting any of the responsibility of what happened here.

Translation --

We'll have a long conversation with Chris Frank Williams to see what we can do to make the scams less apparent. We'll slip in a few offers from non-CC companies every now and then, but we won't check if they've been banned from LET for fraud / ban evasion / nulled licenses / etc.. And we certainly won't enforce any of the rules that are already in place for any CC-based hosts, the rules will continue to only apply to non-CC hosts.

Changes are coming soon. Probably when IPv6 is ready. Till next scam time!