Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IP Address Lease Agreement
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IP Address Lease Agreement

Hi,

I own extra 2 blocks of APNIC IPs and would like to leasing it out. Someone contacted me and interested on my IPs.

I can't afford a lawyer to draft a agreement.

Anyone can share a simple agreement in place that consist a simple term below:-

• No Illegal Activities
  • No Spamming (Monitoring by Spamhaus, Barracuda and etc)
  • No Copyright Infringement
  • Termination of contract if above condition is violate.

Comments

• it's probably a spammer.

Thanked by 1Actavus
  • HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

Most of them are spammers, make sure to give it to an established and reputed company who will be leasing them long term

• @gethosted said:
    Hi,

I own extra 2 blocks of APNIC IPs and would like to leasing it out. Someone contacted me and interested on my IPs.

I can't afford a lawyer to draft a agreement.

• No Illegal Activities
    • No Spamming (Monitoring by Spamhaus, Barracuda and etc)
    • No Copyright Infringement
    • Termination of contract if above condition is violate.

Google is your friend..

• I have try google and it seem not much related topic

• What about selling them instead?

• PM me if you're interested in leasing or selling

• rubenruben Member, Host Rep

gethosted said: I can't afford a lawyer to draft a agreement.

You dont need to be a lawyer or afford one to draft a simple agreement.. You rather need a lawyer to enforce it in front of a court.
    And, the agreement won't prevent anyone from breaking it. You need to enforce it too.

Or just don't rent it out if you are not comfortable with the other party!

Write a document with your letterhead, mention both parties and all the things you want in there. Set a penalty fee or termination condition and set the place of jurisdiction to your Company's Country/Town. (ofc. this is not legal advice in any way.) ;)

gethosted said: I have try google and it seem not much related topic

Cant be. For my country, there are a ton of examples. Don't just look for an IP lease agreement - look for normal lease agreements and change them according to your needs.

• @ruben said:

You dont need to be a lawyer or afford one to draft a simple agreement.. You rather need a lawyer to enforce it in front of a court.
    And, the agreement won't prevent anyone from breaking it. You need to enforce it too.

How does IP leasing work from a technical perspective? Can OP just "take it back"? If so, then the shoe is on the other foot: the other party would need to sue to get the IPs back which puts the burden (and cost) on them.

• edited December 2019

@danielhm said:

@ruben said:

How does IP leasing work from a technical perspective? Can OP just "take it back"? If so, then the shoe is on the other foot: the other party would need to sue to get the IPs back which puts the burden (and cost) on them.

For the most part, this is correct. OP has ultimate control over the IP space.

Risks on both sides: Renter could be a scammer/spammer and get your IP block blacklisted, but the owner can also revoke BGP broadcast authorization at any time.