Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1Fichier Premium 12 EUR / Year Offer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1Fichier Premium 12 EUR / Year Offer

donkodonko Member
edited December 2019 in General

For who have been waiting for this like me, i just received email

Special end of year discounts !

Premium offer is at 12 € only (instead of 22 €) !

These exclusive offers for our former customers will end on January 2, 2020 at 0h CEST !

Thanked by 1nickware

Comments

• "For our former customers" implies this is only for customers with an active subscription already?

• @pike said:
    "For our former customers" implies this is only for customers with an active subscription already?

I don't have any subscription active and i'm able to buy. https://prnt.sc/qcti2f

• UnixfyUnixfy Member
    edited December 2019

@Ympker Is this a good deal? :P

Thanked by 2Ympker timelapse
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited December 2019

@Unixfy said:

Works well as cold storage for backups, and hot storage for transient data (Moving servers and temporarily storing backup tarballs etc). FWIW, the service has been pretty reliable over the years that I have used it.

@Ympker should have similar views, unless ofc, he has found something even better :trollface:

• CamCam Member, Patron Provider

I have an active account, Standard pricing is shown for me.
    I didn't get an email about it either. Bummer.

Is there a special link other than,
    https://1fichier.com/tarifs.html

• @Cam said:
    I have an active account, Standard pricing is shown for me.
    I didn't get an email about it either. Bummer.

Is there a special link other than,
    https://1fichier.com/tarifs.html

i get the offer pricing in this link https://1fichier.com/console/abo.pl

• CamCam Member, Patron Provider

@donko said:

Hmm, Looks like it's only for previous customers with no active subscription. Bummer.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2019

@Unixfy said:

Basically what @K4Y5 said.
    1Fichier is good, yes. I just won't renew this time because I don't store a lot on there and I am very satisfied with Koofr Cloud lifetime :)

Thanked by 2uptime timelapse
  • @Ympker said:

@Unixfy said:

1Fichier is good, yes. I just won't renew this time because I don't store a lot on there and I am very satisfied with Koofr Cloud lifetime :)

Is Koofr's lifetime calculated based on 1Fichier's lifetime? Is 1Fichier offering this to lure people away from Koofr software? Are these companies connected? Do they share hardware or the drilling machine used to destroy hard drives after usage?

It has to be a connection. It must be some online conspiracy involving these brands.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Does koofr provide ftp also?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2019

@default said:

@Ympker said:

@Unixfy said:

Is Koofr's lifetime calculated based on 1Fichier's lifetime? Is 1Fichier offering this to lure people away from Koofr software? Are these companies connected? Do they share hardware or the drilling machine used to destroy hard drives after usage?

It has to be a connection. It must be some online conspiracy involving these brands.

It isn't. Koofr is supposeldy hosted at HETZNER and are a company from Slovakia that is in existence since 2012ish?! They replicate to 3 locations I believe, but main is HETZNER someone on HB said.

@A_m_i_t No FTP with Koofr. However, you can connect your GDrive/Dropbox directly to it and then copy/move files in between. You can map it as network drive and you can use rsync.

I only needed ftp for wp backup plugins but now I backup to GDrive Free and then transfer with 2 clicks to Koofr :)

Thanked by 1timelapse
  • Ympker said: Slovakia

Slovenia :wink:

Is there a deal for Koofr? What did you pay for 1 TB lifetime?
    Thx.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2019

@Philipp said:

Ympker said: Slovakia

Slovenia :wink:

Is there a deal for Koofr? What did you pay for 1 TB lifetime?
    Thx.

You can check Stacksocial, however probably not the same discount like on BF. I paid 79$ for 1TB.

Available for 130$ on Stacksocial: https://stacksocial.com/sales/koofr-cloud-storage-plans-lifetime-subscription-1tb

• I wonder if I sign up for the 1€/24 hr plan, will the yearly discount be available after the 24 hours? :smiley:

Thanked by 1timelapse
  • @nickware said:
    I wonder if I sign up for the 1€/24 hr plan, will the yearly discount be available after the 24 hours? :smiley:

Do it and let us know..
    For me it said, "Your Premium subscription expires in less than 1 month, we can not make offers less than 1 month."
    So maybe it show up if had 2 month before expire.

Thanked by 2timelapse Ympker
  • @Ndha said:
    Do it and let us know..

Ok, I purchased 24 hours of Premium. I don't expect it to work, but I will report back tomorrow.

Thanked by 2Ympker Ndha
  • No discount after the 24 hrs, when my account switched back to free. :(

I did push 700GBs of files up to 1fichier during that time with rclone. I was impressed and I'll definitely be switching to premium on the next sale that is offered.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @nickware said:
    No discount after the 24 hrs, when my account switched back to free. :(

I did push 700GBs of files up to 1fichier during that time with rclone. I was impressed and I'll definitely be switching to premium on the next sale that is offered.

Their network is pretty good :)

Thanked by 1nickware
  • nickware said: I did push 700GBs of files up to 1fichier during that time with rclone

Won't they remove your files after switching back to free?
    Can you mount 1fichier as filesystem using rclone?

• nickwarenickware Member
    edited December 2019

@greattomeetyou said:
    Won't they remove your files after switching back to free?
    Can you mount 1fichier as filesystem using rclone?

They didn't remove my files. Not sure if they will eventually, but it says free registered accounts get 1TB of storage. This might be good for a secondary backup of static files.

When I had the 24 hrs of premium, I was able to mount the drive with rclone. I didn't test it with Plex or anything requiring a stable, fast mount, though.

I also can't use rclone anymore, unless I purchase 1fichier premium again.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

FWIW: I'm currently letting die my premium account there. Too much hassle, too little comfort, too strange interface.
    With providers like @AlexBarakov, @cociu, and others here offering very attractive storage packages for not much more than 1fichier but offering a full KVM VPS for the money, 1 fichier just isn't that interesting anymore.

Thanked by 3nickware cociu Aluminat
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited December 2019

@Ympker said:

Koofr? Haha, I also got myself a Koofr lifetime plan albeit a small 25 GB one which is useful for the usual small amount of critical data. I like it. Good to see that you also chose Koofr.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • If anyone has an old 1Fichier account they don't use and wish to donate, please PM me!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2019

@jsg said:
    FWIW: I'm currently letting die my premium account there. Too much hassle, too little comfort, too strange interface.
    With providers like @AlexBarakov, @cociu, and others here offering very attractive storage packages for not much more than 1fichier but offering a full KVM VPS for the money, 1 fichier just isn't that interesting anymore.

I don't think 1Fichier is bad at all. But for convenience and lack of heavy usage I moved my stuff to Koofr Cloud Lifetime 79$ (1TB). Very happy ;) It should still be available for like 129$ iirc if you are looking for some more.

Yeah, Koofr is great. Also @koofr joined LES :) Damian is a great guy and answers pretty fast.

Thanked by 2jsg vyas11
  • @Cam said:

@donko said:

Hmm, Looks like it's only for previous customers with no active subscription. Bummer.

Seems so. I have an active subscription and see these prices:
    1 month 3 months 6 months 1 Year 5 Years 10 Years
    3 € 9 € 15 € 22 € 99 € 195 €

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • They just added a €15/year deal to their website. Available to all.

Thanked by 2that_guy Ympker
  • @nickware said:
    They just added a €15/year deal to their website. Available to all.

This..

• Why they charge double the price when paying with paypal?

• edited December 2019

A_m_i_t said: paying with paypal

To discourage using paypal.

Search paypal sucks. We need more competition in this space.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@greattomeetyou said:

A_m_i_t said: paying with paypal

To discourage using paypal.

Search paypal sucks. We need more competition in this space.

Use FatPal, best payment gateway there is.

Thanked by 1uptime