Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostsolutions's core router has completely fried - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostsolutions's core router has completely fried

Comments

• @ps20090 said:
    Wait, I how did people figure out MikePT wrote the message?

Also, any idea how much does those core routers cost lol.

cociu wrote:

In the past we had use cisco 6500 model (a verry old one) so i have decided to invert in new stuff but unfortunatly is cost much and i have split the inversion in 2 different period to not have problem with chash flow ... so i have just inverted 42k 40 days ago and was panned to buy the same config this next month ..

• A Juniper router suddenly died, right...

• @techhelper1 said:
    A Juniper router suddenly died, right...

Your point being? Juniper routers never die?

• I'm a dedicated server used to make websites. This failure lasts for nearly 10 hours. Three days ago, there was a network failure for nearly 8 hours. Unfortunately, there were two failures in these days. Now my website IP is very few.

• @xinba said:
    I'm a dedicated server used to make websites. This failure lasts for nearly 10 hours. Three days ago, there was a network failure for nearly 8 hours. Unfortunately, there were two failures in these days. Now my website IP is very few.

You get what you pay for. These VPS are perfect for torrenting, sharing isos with your friends, using them as backup storage etc..

• @tr1cky said:

@xinba said:
    I'm a dedicated server used to make websites. This failure lasts for nearly 10 hours. Three days ago, there was a network failure for nearly 8 hours. Unfortunately, there were two failures in these days. Now my website IP is very few.

You get what you pay for. These VPS are perfect for torrenting, sharing isos with your friends, using them as backup storage etc..

I'm going to migrate to another place and replace the dedicated server with storage VPS for backup and storage

• @xinba said:

@tr1cky said:

@xinba said:

I'm going to migrate to another place and replace the dedicated server with storage VPS for backup and storage

Nexus Bytes is offering a sweet switch deal if you are ok with VPS. My experience is that it is very stable and performs like a dedicated even though it is a VPS. Have a chat with @seriesn

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

May I ask what Juniper router this was?

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@PhantomPain said:

Dear Hostsolutions.ro clients, Unfortunately, this morning, our core router (A new Juniper purchased very recently) has completely fried. This was an unexpected event given the fact that it's brand-new hardware deployed to our network. We are currently working on replacing the core router with our older model - and sending the Juniper to RMA for repair and ask for further details from the manufacturer. The ETA is one hour. Our sincere apologies for the hassle this may cause to you.

I swear, Junipers must be the most unreliable enterprise routers around. whats the point in spending so much money on enterprise gear when they dont offer any semblance of reliability relatice to commodity gear.

Ive got DIY routers in production handling millions of pps in some locations, basically cost nothing, and setup with redundancy in mind. A juniper setup of equivalent capacity would cost me ~50K+.

Cisco seems alright re. reliability. Still damned expensive tho. Need to look into those cheap huawei knockoffs i keep hearing about

• @randvegeta said:

@PhantomPain said:

Dear Hostsolutions.ro clients, Unfortunately, this morning, our core router (A new Juniper purchased very recently) has completely fried. This was an unexpected event given the fact that it's brand-new hardware deployed to our network. We are currently working on replacing the core router with our older model - and sending the Juniper to RMA for repair and ask for further details from the manufacturer. The ETA is one hour. Our sincere apologies for the hassle this may cause to you.

I swear, Junipers must be the most unreliable enterprise routers around. whats the point in spending so much money on enterprise gear when they dont offer any semblance of reliability relatice to commodity gear.

Ive got DIY routers in production handling millions of pps in some locations, basically cost nothing, and setup with redundancy in mind. A juniper setup of equivalent capacity would cost me ~50K+.

Cisco seems alright re. reliability. Still damned expensive tho. Need to look into those cheap huawei knockoffs i keep hearing about

DIY router? Care to share? Some pics maybe?

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@cociu said: In the past we had use cisco 6500 model (a verry old one) so i have decided to invert in new stuff

Oh no. Every time a Cisco 6500 gets replaced by something else, things start to get worse. :)
    Those good old catalysts are old and energy inefficient. But they usually just work for decades. :)

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • @randvegeta said:

@PhantomPain said:

Mind reaching out to @cociu and sharing your solution? :)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@ps20090 said:
    Wait, I how did people figure out MikePT wrote the message?

Also, any idea how much does those core routers cost lol.

I provide support for several companies here :) 👍

• Our potatoe has completely fried.

Thanked by 2uptime yoursunny
  • How hot is the DC?
    Maybe the fancy routers are delicate flowers.

• randvegeta said: Need to look into those cheap huawei knockoffs i keep hearing about

Will there be any security concerns about that?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@PhantomPain said:

randvegeta said: Need to look into those cheap huawei knockoffs i keep hearing about

Will there be any security concerns about that?

I'm confident that those concerns won't be worse than the Cisco and Juniper cluster f_ckups ...

• LeviLevi Member
    edited December 2019

I keep my tiny list of cociu business adventures. So far:

1. The FSCK incident;
    2. Self-shrinking disk space (a.k.a disappearing storage);
    3. Network uptime is like there is no tomorrow (a.k.a accidental uptime);
    4. Critical for business WHMCS module, which took 1+ year to develop;
    5. Completely fried enterprise grade, new (?) network hardware from Juniper (this is comparable to lightning strike underground in a moon, orbiting around Uranus);

Honestly, this keeps me motivated to continue my own endeavours and believe that I can and I will succeed no matter what.

Thanked by 3level6 benj0x Peppery9
  • avelineaveline Member, Patron Provider

Honestly, HostSoultions don't need a router as AS44420 is single-homed to AS5588.

Two modern L3 switches would be enough and it's much cheaper more reliable:-D

Thanked by 2feezioxiii Aluminat
  • @LTniger said:

1. The FSCK incident;
    5. Completely fried enterprise grade, new (?) network hardware from Juniper (this is comparable to lightning strike underground in a moon, orbiting around Uranus);

Honestly, this keeps me motivated to continue my own endeavours and believe that I can and I will succeed no matter what.

post after you actually succeed

• @poisson said:

@LTniger said:

1. The FSCK incident;

post after you actually succeed

https://lowendboxes.review/the-whitelist/

How could you put Hostsolutions and Hetzner on the same list?

Thanked by 1dragon1993
  • @Kiwi83 said:

Has Hostsolutions scammed anyone, just like has Hetzner scammed anyone? Some people here also have negative opinions about Virmach but they haven't scammed anyone as far as I have seen.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

LTniger said: Completely fried enterprise grade, new (?) network hardware from Juniper (this is comparable to lightning strike underground in a moon, orbiting around Uranus);

You'd be surprised. While "completely fried" is not very informative, a lot of new Juniper gear is RMA'd. Happened to us, happened to clients of ours. With proper support contract and redundancy in place should not be that big of an issue. Don't get me wrong, our Juniper gear is rock solid, but it does happen that parts need to be replaced.

Thanked by 3poisson jsg vimalware
  • @poisson said:

@Kiwi83 said:

Has Hostsolutions scammed anyone, just like has Hetzner scammed anyone? Some people here also have negative opinions about Virmach but they haven't scammed anyone as far as I have seen.

Now you are insulting Virmach.

• aveline said: Honestly, HostSoultions don't need a router as AS44420 is single-homed to AS5588.

Basically you dont know nothing so try to stay in your place. Can you guarantee we are single home ?

• cociucociu Member
    edited December 2019

LTniger said: I keep my tiny list of cociu business adventures. So far:

The FSCK incident;

Self-shrinking disk space (a.k.a disappearing storage);
    Network uptime is like there is no tomorrow (a.k.a accidental uptime);
    Critical for business WHMCS module, which took 1+ year to develop;
    Completely fried enterprise grade, new (?) network hardware from Juniper (this is comparable to lightning strike underground in a moon, orbiting around Uranus);

I am not shame of all this , yes we have past all this and we still can pass the same , in this business for your info can happened anything including in company with many millions inverted what is not the case here. IF the big company is present you a "cosmetic phrase" and you like to be informed like " We are sorry but we have some internal problems , for us you are the most important person of the world and our tech guys killing sisters for you " here in Hostsolutions.ro we are not the same. Like many time i have try to be the more transparent/directly guy and i have told the true not cosmetic answers.

2 years ago Yahoo.com for exemple was hacked .... so do you have a list of this comany with all fails , facebook the same , etc etc. So i am not eaven try to compare my small business with such gigants but the shit happen. So if you are something personal this is another story.

Any way for your info :smile:

1) this last year we have grow 100% in clients and also in income
    2) this last year we have grow in internet capacity + new peerings
    3) this last year i have made many upgrades to our servers + routers
    4) this last year we have get @MikePT for a fixed job and we are glad with this inversion the guy is like our family and is work hard.
    5) this last year i have ofered almost 1 eur/ 1tb space + 1 ipv4 +10 tb traffic/mo in a verry large production wich cannot be easy to do
    6) this last year we have test many modules (some people from this forum can confirm because we have contracted also external people to help us with the implementation)
    7 ) This last year we have implemented for free to all our customers ddos protection (btw many of my competitors is charge huge amount for this)
    8) this last year we have made at least 5 promos with 50% credit (who was beleve in us and was upload credit have the posibility to buy our product eaven less than norma offers)
    9) this last year our affiliates was earning with us +30 k
    10) Fuckk off because i repeat i am not the best , i never will be but i know i do all my best to be there in the list of active hostings so with this i can guarantee hostsolutions.ro will be there.

11) Dont be frustrated , we have the cristmas here so I wish you happy holliday and good time with the family because is the most important.

EDIT : This last year we have change our location in a new one so we have move hundred of servers in production with less than 30 min downtime (the existing clients in that point when we have move it can confirm) and was need to recreate the entirely network in the new location , including fiber , electrical stuff, racks etc. We are 8 persons working fisical here so i dont think is a easy job ...

This last year we have received one of the most (top 3) "suspect/hight" ddos atack from romania at least is what one guy from voxility told me , and i strong beleve this is related to LET ...

ETC etc , i will not stay now to related all our work because was huge effort this year to keep this challenge

• @Kiwi83 said:
    Now you are insulting Virmach.

I am not, but if you enjoy thinking that way, I cannot help you.

• @aveline said:
    Honestly, HostSoultions don't need a router as AS44420 is single-homed to AS5588.

Err? This doesn't look like AS5588 but AS6830 to me.

2     8 ms     7 ms     6 ms  v101.ce14.ams-01.nl.leaseweb.net [94.75.211.189]
      3     8 ms     6 ms     6 ms  ae-22.br01.ams-01.nl.leaseweb.net [81.17.34.52]
      4     7 ms     6 ms     7 ms  po-101.agg02.ams-01.leaseweb.net [31.31.38.116]
      5    14 ms    14 ms    15 ms  et-53-1.agg01.fra-12.leaseweb.net [31.31.34.91]
      6    29 ms    16 ms    14 ms  ae-1.bb01.fra-12.leaseweb.net [31.31.34.17]
      7    22 ms    18 ms    19 ms  de-fra03b-ri1-ae-4-0.aorta.net [213.46.179.145]
      8    51 ms    60 ms    52 ms  de-fra01b-rc1-ae-3-0.aorta.net [84.116.132.177]
      9    69 ms    50 ms    52 ms  de-fra02a-rc1-ae-22-0.aorta.net [84.116.135.61]
     10    52 ms    50 ms    51 ms  ro-cj01a-rd3-ae-0-0.aorta.net [84.116.131.54]
     11    49 ms    51 ms    50 ms  ro-bh01a-rd2-ae-1-1797.aorta.net [84.116.186.114]
     12    50 ms    49 ms    50 ms  89.137.188.198
     13    52 ms    51 ms  ^C

• The funny thing is that if all the @cociu haters are correct, @cociu would have long gone the way of the dodo because based on free market ideology, there is no reason to stay with an obviously shit provider. The weight of evidence is in @cociu's favour, but well, haters either engage in motivated reasoning or try to erase their cognitive dissonance by selecting data points to fit their preferred conclusion that @cociu just plain suck, conveniently ignoring the mass of evidence that counters what they believe.

Let's see if @cociu continues to grow even bigger and better. I think that is very likely to happen, and the same haters will say the same things in future, forgetting that they have been proven wrong again and again.

Thanked by 1pike
  • debaser said: Err? This doesn't look like AS5588 but AS6830 to me.

Do not beleve all shit what people is post here . We are not single homed and your service is my proof. We have 5 different providers here right now and working to add 2 more in the verry near future