Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternatives to ZOHO free
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternatives to ZOHO free

fburgerfburger Member
edited February 2018 in General

Hello.. do you know an alternative to ZOHO free?
I used it on same small projects for mailboxes with own domain

Now I saw that they cancelled the possibility for POP/IMAP

I only need it 3 months a year for 20 users. the rest of the year there is nothing on this mailboxes. So ZOHO paid plan or GSuite is to expensive..

What do you use?

Comments

• unknownbulletunknownbullet Member
    edited February 2018

They haven't cancelled IMAP/POP, i set it up myself just this weekend.

Just make sure you have IMAP enabled on each account.

https://prnt.sc/igvkne

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

POP/IMAP is still possible. I can confirm from my side aswell, what @unknownbulle said.

Regards, Armand

• not at me..
    https://prnt.sc/igvto0

I should pay 2 EUR (yearlypaid) per month for 20 users = 60 EUR per month

• @fburger said:
    not at me..
    https://prnt.sc/igvto0

I should pay 2 EUR (yearlypaid) per month for 20 users = 60 EUR per month

Probably because you have so many users.

• fburgerfburger Member
    edited February 2018

just at this moment I have only 1 user.

I was creating a new account with new domain at zoho as I registered that there is no more POP/IMAP in the free version

https://help.zoho.com/portal/community/topic/zoho-free-tier-pop-imap-activesync-no-longer-free

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Yandex Mail for domain

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • Yandex my still offer this feature?

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • @fburger said:
    just at this moment I have only 1 user.

I was creating a new account with new domain at zoho as I registered that there is no more POP/IMAP in the free version

https://help.zoho.com/portal/community/topic/zoho-free-tier-pop-imap-activesync-no-longer-free

People in that thread need to get a fucking grip, they are acting as if the world is over because they don't get free email anymore smh.

• Thx.. I will look at Yandex
    our last chance is to take an higher plan for hosting with more included mailboxes.
    But I would like to separate homepage and mails

• mxroute

Thanked by 1pike
  • grandfathered zoho mail will be trending

• @kkrajk said:
    mxroute

I will check out next promo from mxroute and save some space :-)

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@unknownbullet said:
    Yandex my still offer this feature?

Yes.

• squibssquibs Member
    edited February 2018

@6ixth said:
    People in that thread need to get a fucking grip, they are acting as if the world is over because they don't get free email anymore smh.

Most of them are pointing out that they use the free tier as a way of giving customers the confidence that the platform works, before they upgrade to a paid tier with more goodies. Zoho's never going to compete with Gsuite on features, so they need to be creative to bring in users. Perhaps most of the whiners in that thread never had any intention of becoming premium users and Zoho is drowning in freeloaders, but in any case they handled this one badly.

A profitable freemium model for email that encourages the users to upgrade using carrot or stick can't be that hard,

• +1 for Yandex Mail for Domain, great service with modest UI.
    https://domain.yandex.com/
    1 russian hacker per mailbox is free.

Thanked by 1shillshocked
  • fburger said: I will check out next promo from mxroute and save some space :-)

no need to wait... https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?gid=3

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

6ixth said: People in that thread need to get a fucking grip, they are acting as if the world is over because they don't get free email anymore smh.

I love all the people there saying "I'm going to stop recommending you to my clients..."

Like they have portfolios of thousands of customers, are speaking every weekend at conferences, and their voice can shake the markets...

Thanked by 1southy
  • SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited February 2018

@raindog308 said:

6ixth said: People in that thread need to get a fucking grip, they are acting as if the world is over because they don't get free email anymore smh.

I love all the people there saying "I'm going to stop recommending you to my clients..."

Like they have portfolios of thousands of customers, are speaking every weekend at conferences, and their voice can shake the markets...

Free clients always seem to expect the everything for nothing, really makes you think.

Also I just signed up with a new domain at zoho literally a couple days ago and it works, I guess IMAP/etc will keep working from what I can see since I already enabled it? If it doesn't I already use yandex for a bunch of stuff anyway, and it works great, only thing is they don't have a catch-all feature. I do pay for G Suite on another domain though, so I suppose I could just add aliases.

• TionTion Member
    edited February 2018

@raindog308 said:

I haven't heard of Zoho before Google closed their free GSuite and they appeared as an alternative. While this may sound hilarious to you I can see a lot of people abandoning Zoho. All they are saying is if they get asked "Hey where should I host the email for my domain?" they will no longer say Zoho. Once you pay you might as well go to someone with a better reputation.

Thanked by 1Voss
  • @Tion said:

@raindog308 said:

I haven't heard of Zoho before Google closed their free GSuite and they appeared as an alternative. While this may sound hilarious to you I can see a lot of people abandoning Zoho. All they are saying is if they get asked "Hey where should I host the email for my domain?" they will no longer say Zoho. Once you pay you might as well go to someone with a better reputation.

Bingo. I don’t regret upgrading to GSuite at all :)

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • I’ve taken a look into the issue regarding the POP/IMAP not being enabled on free accounts. Unfortunately, the only reason people replying to this thread can still use it, is because they are existing customers from 2 months ago or earlier.

New customers within the past couple of months, are required to pay to unlock this feature, which I don’t agree with as Zoho is the best provider of its kind. Probably trying to make more money, hopefully they won’t force existing clients to upgrade in future, as it will be a real pain when we are wanting to keep our costs down.

I’ve not tried Yandex myself for a hosted domain yet, only standard personal emails, however it does appear to provide a similar service to the original Zoho free plan, more than likely trying to obtain customers whom have being forced away from Zoho because of the limitations on new customers using the free plans.

It’s an unfortunate state of affairs, but Zoho like other companies want to make more money from people, who don’t have money, and unless someone does something about it (which has an impact on them), they will continue to do it. A little like how Outlook and Gmail removed their free mail service, because no one stopped them.

I hope I helped shred some light on this situation.

All The Best,
    Kieran

• @kkrajk said:

fburger said: I will check out next promo from mxroute and save some space :-)

no need to wait... https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?gid=3

I have already done. Thx to the nice PM which sent my a Coupon Code :-)

@raynor said:
    +1 for Yandex Mail for Domain, great service with modest UI.
    https://domain.yandex.com/
    1 russian hacker per mailbox is free.

This was also my feeling. Maybe spam problem, because of russian location? I hadn't a good feeling so a took mxroute..

• But... wait... it was "Sarcasm, Sheldon!", sorry if you dont read in media hype about european or north-american hackers :) Yandex is big company with a lot of great services. But mxroute is good choice too, sure.

• @raynor said:
    But... wait... it was "Sarcasm, Sheldon!", sorry if you dont read in media hype about european or north-american hackers :) Yandex is big company with a lot of great services. But mxroute is good choice too, sure.

Sarcasm what?? :-)
    I am sure that Yandex has great service. But when you open webmail and there is a big Image with "yandex.ru" it doesn't look good..
    MXRoute seems better for me

• To answer OP question: Alternatives to ZOHO free? --> Grandfathered Google Apps

If you only need email --> set up your own mail server

• @comXyz said:
    To answer OP question: Alternatives to ZOHO free? --> Grandfathered Google Apps

If you only need email --> set up your own mail Server

OP here :-)
    I don't want to buy an grandfathered Google Apps account.
    own mail server is to time consuming. I use now mxroute. for this few bucks a year I don't need to set up an own..

Thx to all

• servermx.com 20 accounts 1gb x 3 months = 51.00 € , this is the link : https://www.servermx.com/en/offer-smx01-discount.html

• doobleddoobled Member
    edited December 2019

Best alternative I found is it's free and POP/IMAP enabled. Pretty satisfied with them so far.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Don't narco a year old thread. /thread

This discussion has been closed.