Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 120
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• @FrozenAngels said:

@VirMach said:

hjh142857 said: @VirMach Seems like invoices which auto declined or cancelled before 11:30AM PST December 4th, 2019 back again. Is that the rule changed? I don’t know if I should pay cause the invoices were canceled immediately by the system. >.<

CLPeters said: I got charged today for a service that had a due date of 11/29/2019 and was canceled on 11/18/2019. Payment method was credit card and not a paypal subscription.

dTQzBen8 said: Seems @VirMach got everyone's unpaid bills, including those declined, back.

If you got something you want declined, login now and check, you may still get it!

I'm sorry, we haven't been having a fun time with WHMCS. They rolled out a less than stellar update, that caused some major billing problems. We also had additional problems with some other third party addons. We cut out some of the problematic modules and wrote our own code to fix it all, but there was still a specific issue with how WHMCS handles cancellations. People with invoices due since 11/26/2019 who cancelled may be affected.

We will honor all refunds if you placed a cancellation request and got charged, and we're going to look through these ourselves to refund people that shouldn't have been charged.

Luckily it's not as bad as last year where WHMCS tried charging people 5 times.

Edmond said: Think this is their “collections” effects, try to get them all auto paid so no one’s trying auto checkout bots again.

Problem is, some of the legitimately cancelled invoices (like mine) has been turned back to “Unpaid”, even if it’s for a service I cancelled. That’s a problem, but not a big deal for me, since I don’t have a payment method on file.

We're cleaning these up right after, this is part of the module we re-coded ourselves.

Forwarded this to cn vps community.
    Many people spamming that virmach will ran out of business and prepare to apply for dispute.

Hopefully they aren't going to keep going around shitting on Virmach. I figured they probably had no ill intentions when I saw the invoice appear on my account.

I might be less annoyed because I had no payment info on file, I keep it that way for almost everything I use.

• @VirMach , I'm still facing the same problem with ticket #306733
    and until now it's not solved

• o2bito2bit Member
    edited December 2019

Could you finish my ticket #321883 ? It's been in on hold since a week ago.

• @Virmach I want you to charge me that last $2 deal ? :smiley:

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

@o2bit said:

We're getting way too many e-mail change requests from China. I'm sure some of it is legitimate but a lot of it seems to be an attempt at not doing a proper account transfer. There will probably be a huge backlog of these, and we may outright reject them for anyone requesting it coincidentally at the same time 2018 specials were expiring and the account only has one or two specials on it, sorry.

There's definitely a bad crowd around one of those communities and people should stop following them.

We've had cases of people bypass the system to order a sold out location, selling entire accounts instead of just doing a proper and secure transfer, and there's still some sentiment where it seems to be OK to immediately dispute a payment at any sign of something going slightly wrong without contacting us or waiting for support to resolve the issue. All of this creates a bad situation for the customers. If you bypass our system, that's against our terms and we're not going to just let people do that. If you transfer your account by selling/buying username and passwords we may notice. If you open a dispute, then a fee will be assessed to your account because you just created a bunch of manual work for us (just seeing you freak out when your service is suspended and sending us 10 messages is enough to justify the fee, but chargebacks also have fees. Then to actually answer disputes/chargebacks that's another significant amount of time we have to spend digging through the account for information to submit.

Edmond said: Hopefully they aren't going to keep going around shitting on Virmach. I figured they probably had no ill intentions when I saw the invoice appear on my account.

I might be less annoyed because I had no payment info on file, I keep it that way for almost everything I use.

Everyone who immediately opened a dispute just ended up hurting themselves. As soon as we were aware we refunded these via our system, fairly quickly. But guess what happens when a dispute is opened? We can't use the API/WHMCS to refund customers. So it gets stuck, so it will now take a week to handle those because the dispute queue is large around Black Friday.

Some bonus advice for everyone:

No, just because one guy made a compelling case regarding his manual review/fraud/cancelled special order it doesn't mean 200 of you can copy/paste a similar thing and just have your order re-activated.

No, escalating all your tickets will not speed up the process, it will just make it slower because you just cut out 80% of the team that would otherwise be able to do it.

No, you weren't smart for bypassing the cooldown period for contacting us about a special-related incident. Now your ticket is misflagged and will take longer.

No, creating your ticket 3-5 times won't make us notice it sooner.

No, mentioning your ticket publicly will not get a response sooner. Most the time another agent gets to it before a single person can look at it, and unless it's actually time-sensitive and you need to grab my attention (and you do coincidentally) the most I can usually do is just make sure your ticket is flagged properly if it's not. It's not fair to just skip the queue like that.

No, mentioning your ticket on live chat will not help.

No, breaking your own networking to pretend like you need an IP change will not guarantee you a new IP address for free.

No, we can't give you a deal just because you screenshot you being on the deal page and receiving an error and make a ticket. There's no way to restore those; it's sold out.

No, just because we mentioned somewhere that plans may qualify for refund within 7 days it doesn't mean the special you just purchased where you specifically checked a box saying you understand it's not eligible for a refund is eligible for a refund.

No, it's not better to skip the buttons we added for getting support on common issues because you just missed a bunch of instructions that we'll make you follow anyway, so it's effectively taking longer to resolve your problem.

No, you can't be surprised that your account is not in good standing because you disputed a payment.

No, you can't just buy an account someone mass created and botted deals on because we can clearly see all of them were created by the same person. No, you're not brothers with 20 other people. No, your friends do not come over to your house to make an order on our site.

Sure, some of this may work for some that slip through the cracks but all you're doing is contributing to everyone receiving slower support and us having to enact stricter internal policies. This ends up hurting others that could have otherwise been helped. We're not here to play a game of whack-a-mole so we would really appreciate it if everyone would start acting a little more decent when it comes to all these things. Again, most people, even from those problematic communities are completely fine customers. It's just a very loud minority that causes these problems so maybe some education and community encouragement from the right people will go a long way.

FrozenAngels said: Forwarded this to cn vps community.

Many people spamming that virmach will ran out of business and prepare to apply for dispute.

It's funny how that spreads from under 1% of all people being briefly negatively affected by something like that.

bennyone said: Hello,I didn't generate an order on the fourth day, but I snapped up the server in a new round of activities, generated an order and paid. I already got a server, so I still have to pay for machines that don't pay? what should I do?

Sorry I'm not sure what you are saying specifically, in this case please make a ticket so we have all the information in front of us. Use specific order and invoice IDs as well as dates.

samm said: @Virmach I want you to charge me that last $2 deal ?

I know you're joking but you wouldn't believe how many tickets we got about that.

• @VirMach I appreciate you bro. Thanks for hanging at my house and ordering those VMs. Sorry I forgot my email address 12 times last week, I was really drunk.

1 more request: my 50% off recurring on the $2 deal didn't go through, when can I expect my $1 kvm? It is for an urgent business matter. Can you escalate or handle personally?

• 1$ and urgent business matter
    dude seriously

Thanked by 3DP ariq01 bloodyprince
  • @VirMach your services are great... The Easter eggs are not easy but special and fun...

I have been supporting you by idling 2 VPSs from 2018 BF for one year before canceling the renewals and 2 more just got shutted down until I need them between now and the end of time...keep up with the great work...

Shouts to others who are idling or have shutted down some of their services...

• @VirMach we appreciate your kindness...
    Thank you for everything...

• over 90% vps from @virmach 's flash deals are currently biting dust with even no os installed. Just saw it cheap and clicked the mouse. Damn, DO I REALLY NEED THEM? lol...

:-D :-D :-D

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • VirMach said: We're getting way too many e-mail change requests from China. I'm sure some of it is legitimate but a lot of it seems to be an attempt at not doing a proper account transfer.

I think you're being really generous. Black Friday Specials are being treated as options where someone offers to change the email address on an unpaid account (for a fee) and the buyer then has to pay the invoice. If I were in your shoes I'd drag all those tickets until the invoice has been paid.

VirMach said: No, breaking your own networking to pretend like you need an IP change will not guarantee you a new IP address for free.

I thought this was the most creative in your list.

• “Hey, why there expensive invoices charged to my account?? I want refound!”

Clicks on refound button on PayPal

“Why my account suspended???”

Opens infinite tickets

Thanked by 2FAT32 ariq01
  • VirMach said: I know you're joking but you wouldn't believe how many tickets we got about that.

I no joking, I haz screenshot! When service activate??? Or I refound!

(Even when I did nothing but open a single ticket on the invoice problem and closed it after the invoice was voided, I still feel guilty now for opening that one ticket...)

• @VirMach new idea for TOS:
    In order to change your e-mail you need to have at least 2 active (paid services) and no pending invoices or be a customer (having at least one active service) from at least 6 months. Or pay a $25 administrative fee.

Sounds fair to me.

Thanked by 3FAT32 sanvit yoursunny
  • is there any hope to use the 128mb vps? I got meself one thinking it may work, but, I guess I am wrong.. what OS may work well there? I tried centos and yum update fails. Thnx

• donlidonli Member
    edited December 2019

@plumberg said:
    is there any hope to use the 128mb vps? I got meself one thinking it may work, but, I guess I am wrong.. what OS may work well there? I tried centos and yum update fails. Thnx

"alpine linux" for all your < 128MB needs.

Alternately old debian 32 bit.

Thanked by 2uptime plumberg
  • tetechtetech Member
    edited December 2019

@donli said:

@plumberg said:
    is there any hope to use the 128mb vps? I got meself one thinking it may work, but, I guess I am wrong.. what OS may work well there? I tried centos and yum update fails. Thnx

"alpine linux" for all your < 128MB needs.

Alternately old debian 32 bit.

Agree, Alpine.

alpine:~# free -m
                  total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
    Mem:            992          59         581           0         350         802
    Swap:             0           0           0

Also BSD variants.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @plumberg said:

Alpine? FreeBSD? Debian 7?

Now you feels how tiny things restricted. Maybe pay few more bulks next time.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @dTQzBen8 said:

@plumberg said:

Alpine? FreeBSD? Debian 7?

Now you feels how tiny things restricted. Maybe pay few more bulks next time.

I got a few beefy VPSs recently, so this was something to try on the other end :cold_sweat:

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Can’t you add 128MB of swap to make the VPS work better?

I think the biggest limiting factor is most likely the bandwidth. If they said free internal networking at the same location, I’d do it but otherwise... Ouch.

Thanked by 2moni099878 Chronic
  • Edmond said: Can’t you add 128MB of swap to make the VPS work better?

Probably the disk is a issues too.

• @Edmond said:
    Can’t you add 128MB of swap to make the VPS work better?

I think the biggest limiting factor is most likely the bandwidth. If they said free internal networking at the same location, I’d do it but otherwise... Ouch.

Well, i could not get to install centos7 via the iso... only the template worked...
    So, how to add swap for install via iso?

• @ben47955 said:

Edmond said: Can’t you add 128MB of swap to make the VPS work better?

Probably the disk is a issues too.

its enough.. 5gb.. wont use this for storage... maybe a vpn/ a light plain site may be (i know I am pushing)

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@VirMach Translated to Chinese and shared to the Chinese community

我们收到太多太多要求要换电邮的工单,可能有一些是真正的但大部分一看就知道是想要试图避开正规的转让程序。不好意思,这些工单会拖到很迟才处理,而且我们很有可能会直接拒绝那些2018黑五套餐就快过期或只有1-2个黑五套餐的账号。

就是有一粒老鼠屎,坏了一锅粥,大家应该不要盲目跟从别人在论坛上说的东西。

我们还有案例一些人绕过我们的系统去购买已卖完的地点,购买整个账号而不是透过正规的方法做转让,还有一些人觉得自己在看到一些小问题后就觉得去 PayPal 争议是对的而不是来找我们商量如何解决。这些种种的问题都导致你们都处于不利的环境。如果你绕过我们的系统,这是绝对违反我们的条规的。如果你用售卖邮箱和密码的方式我们也有可能会察觉。如果你去 PayPal 争议,那些强制征收的费用是因为要补偿我们很多的人工费。当你们有一些小小的问题如小鸡被停时,发给我们10余个的信息已经足以解释这些多收的人工费,而且 PayPal 争议也是有费用的,再加上我们还要花时间去找你的账号的资料提交给 PayPal 做适当的处理,这些都是非常累人的。

那些直接开争议的人最终只会害了自己。因为如果没有开争议,当我们发现到那些可退款的服务,我们只需要一粒按钮就可以退款了。如果开了争议我们需要一到两个星期才可以人工退款,那不是害人害己吗。

一些给你们的贴士:

1. 就因为某个人能成功的争取一个特别的套餐,不代表你们 200 个人可以拷贝同样的文字发工单来要求我们重开一个服务。

2. 提升你的工单不会加快速度,因为这样只有 20% 的人可以解决你的工单。

3. 绕过我们设下的机制防止特别套餐能在 48 小时开工单并不聪明,因为这些工单被安排错位置了反而需要更长时间来解决。

4. 开 3-5 个工单并不会让我们更快注意到一个问题。

5. 在 LET 或是其他地方公开的提到你的工单号码并不会加快解决流程。这些东西都是需要安排了人才能解决的。除非你有非常特别的案例不然插队是不公平的。

6. 在在线客服 Live Chat 上提到你的工单号码也不会加快解决流程。

7. 假装弄坏自己的网络设置以换取一个新的 IP 并不代表我们会换给你一个免费的 IP。

8. 卖完就是卖完了,我们不会满足那些发给我们特别套餐和错误的截图以要求得到那个套餐。

9. 就算我们说有一些套餐能 7 天退款不代表你买的黑五特别套餐可以退款。你要知道你已经打勾确认了这些特别套餐是不能退款的。

10. 如果你在发工单时跳过那些常见问题的按钮,那只会花更长时间来处理。

11. 你不应该在开了 PayPal 争议后账号被查封而感到意外。

12. 你不应该买那些开了账号就只是为了卖特别套餐的账号,我们可以清楚看到那些是同一个人创建的。你不可能同时和20个兄弟姐妹同时在一起购买,也不可能一堆朋友刚巧来你的家里购买那些套餐。

当然,还是有可能你能侥幸的通过。但是这些种种你们以为的小聪明到最后只是让大家需要花更长时间来解决简单的问题,而我们需要更严格的审核程序。这些到最后只会害到自己也害到其他本来可以帮到的人。

我们不是在这里玩对打游戏,不是要看谁赢谁输。我真的会很感激如果大家都可以理性一点的处理这些问题。尽管如此,我还是相信很多人是善良的,只是有一些很吵的小众来试图影响大家的想法和做法。我希望有一些比较有知识的人能散播正确的做法以改善这个问题,那长远来看对大家都好。

• @plumberg said:
    I got a few beefy VPSs recently, so this was something to try on the other end :cold_sweat:

Same here. After this attempt I won't buy(or only 1) < 192 MB RAM and 5 GB disk machines, it's a torture.

@Edmond said:

Yes, I'm wondering whether communicating in same node count as internal networking or not. But I don't have machines in same node so just sad about $1.

Thanked by 2moni099878 yoursunny
  • @VirMach said:

@o2bit said:

We're getting way too many e-mail change requests from China. I'm sure some of it is legitimate but a lot of it seems to be an attempt at not doing a proper account transfer. There will probably be a huge backlog of these, and we may outright reject them for anyone requesting it coincidentally at the same time 2018 specials were expiring and the account only has one or two specials on it, sorry.

There's definitely a bad crowd around one of those communities and people should stop following them.

We've had cases of people bypass the system to order a sold out location, selling entire accounts instead of just doing a proper and secure transfer, and there's still some sentiment where it seems to be OK to immediately dispute a payment at any sign of something going slightly wrong without contacting us or waiting for support to resolve the issue. All of this creates a bad situation for the customers. If you bypass our system, that's against our terms and we're not going to just let people do that. If you transfer your account by selling/buying username and passwords we may notice. If you open a dispute, then a fee will be assessed to your account because you just created a bunch of manual work for us (just seeing you freak out when your service is suspended and sending us 10 messages is enough to justify the fee, but chargebacks also have fees. Then to actually answer disputes/chargebacks that's another significant amount of time we have to spend digging through the account for information to submit.

Edmond said: Hopefully they aren't going to keep going around shitting on Virmach. I figured they probably had no ill intentions when I saw the invoice appear on my account.

Everyone who immediately opened a dispute just ended up hurting themselves. As soon as we were aware we refunded these via our system, fairly quickly. But guess what happens when a dispute is opened? We can't use the API/WHMCS to refund customers. So it gets stuck, so it will now take a week to handle those because the dispute queue is large around Black Friday.

Some bonus advice for everyone:

No, just because one guy made a compelling case regarding his manual review/fraud/cancelled special order it doesn't mean 200 of you can copy/paste a similar thing and just have your order re-activated.

No, escalating all your tickets will not speed up the process, it will just make it slower because you just cut out 80% of the team that would otherwise be able to do it.

No, you weren't smart for bypassing the cooldown period for contacting us about a special-related incident. Now your ticket is misflagged and will take longer.

No, creating your ticket 3-5 times won't make us notice it sooner.

No, mentioning your ticket publicly will not get a response sooner. Most the time another agent gets to it before a single person can look at it, and unless it's actually time-sensitive and you need to grab my attention (and you do coincidentally) the most I can usually do is just make sure your ticket is flagged properly if it's not. It's not fair to just skip the queue like that.

No, mentioning your ticket on live chat will not help.

No, breaking your own networking to pretend like you need an IP change will not guarantee you a new IP address for free.

No, we can't give you a deal just because you screenshot you being on the deal page and receiving an error and make a ticket. There's no way to restore those; it's sold out.

No, just because we mentioned somewhere that plans may qualify for refund within 7 days it doesn't mean the special you just purchased where you specifically checked a box saying you understand it's not eligible for a refund is eligible for a refund.

No, it's not better to skip the buttons we added for getting support on common issues because you just missed a bunch of instructions that we'll make you follow anyway, so it's effectively taking longer to resolve your problem.

No, you can't be surprised that your account is not in good standing because you disputed a payment.

No, you can't just buy an account someone mass created and botted deals on because we can clearly see all of them were created by the same person. No, you're not brothers with 20 other people. No, your friends do not come over to your house to make an order on our site.

Sure, some of this may work for some that slip through the cracks but all you're doing is contributing to everyone receiving slower support and us having to enact stricter internal policies. This ends up hurting others that could have otherwise been helped. We're not here to play a game of whack-a-mole so we would really appreciate it if everyone would start acting a little more decent when it comes to all these things. Again, most people, even from those problematic communities are completely fine customers. It's just a very loud minority that causes these problems so maybe some education and community encouragement from the right people will go a long way.

FrozenAngels said: Forwarded this to cn vps community.

It's funny how that spreads from under 1% of all people being briefly negatively affected by something like that.

bennyone said: Hello,I didn't generate an order on the fourth day, but I snapped up the server in a new round of activities, generated an order and paid. I already got a server, so I still have to pay for machines that don't pay? what should I do?

Sorry I'm not sure what you are saying specifically, in this case please make a ticket so we have all the information in front of us. Use specific order and invoice IDs as well as dates.

samm said: @Virmach I want you to charge me that last $2 deal ?

I know you're joking but you wouldn't believe how many tickets we got about that.

Chinese are affected by taobao's refund and return rules, which allow people to return and exchange goods frequently. Consumers often fail to respect businesses. I don't usually ask a vendor for help on a server this cheap, unless I have a server network failure. Most of the mail box replacement operations are secondary sales and profit from them, only a small part of them are normal requests. As a Chinese, I also despise those customers who directly dispute without communication. The atmosphere of Chinese community is bad now, everyone is blindly buying cheap server, after the refund. It is hoped that virmach can introduce relevant policies to filter out those garbage customers and provide better service to high-quality Chinese customers. I hope virmach can continue to optimize the network in China and not be harassed by garbage customers.Let's hope that little bit of garbage doesn't lose face to the Chinese.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@VirMach Someone from HostLoc would like to suggest some ways to solve this issue.

The current official way to transfer services is fine but they hope that it doesn't involve the taking of photo ID because of privacy issue.

In addition, a better way in their opinion to solve the changing of email address can be done by phone verification (2FA). It will requires the SMS code to change their email address. If they can't provide the code, then only a photo ID is required.

Lastly, they hope that the transfer process can be automated with fees (such as fixed $3 per service + 10% of that service) or something like that.

• @ihell said:
    over 90% vps from @virmach 's flash deals are currently biting dust with even no os installed. Just saw it cheap and clicked the mouse. Damn, DO I REALLY NEED THEM? lol...

:-D :-D :-D

Damn it, I'm one of them.

• @FAT32 said:
    @VirMach Someone from HostLoc would like to suggest some ways to solve this issue.

The current official way to transfer services is fine but they hope that it doesn't involve the taking of photo ID because of privacy issue.

In addition, a better way in their opinion to solve the changing of email address can be done by phone verification (2FA). It will requires the SMS code to change their email address. If they can't provide the code, then only a photo ID is required.

Lastly, they hope that the transfer process can be automated with fees (such as fixed $3 per service + 10% of that service) or something like that.

Why not just completely ban transfer of Black Friday specials? If people bought something they end up not wanting/needing => too bad. If people bought speculatively hoping to resell for a profit => too bad. If people operated a "buying service" renting out bots => too bad.

I suspect that the main effect of banning transfers is that people who legitimately want a service would have more chance to purchase it.

• @Edmond said:
    Can’t you add 128MB of swap to make the VPS work better?

If you rely on swap then your iops are very likely going to get you flagged.

plumberg said: So, how to add swap for install via iso?

What exactly are you trying to do? You're best off forgetting about CentOS 7 on a 128MB VPS.