Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

finalhosting.nl: chasing pavements - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

finalhosting.nl: chasing pavements

Comments

• tgltgl Member
    edited December 2019

@Father_Michael said:
    They can migrate your vps to a lower node without changing ip addresses and now, in order to migrate them back, they need to change the ip addresses?

this is normal, you cannot use 2.2Ghz IPs on a 3.6Ghz node, this is probably why the instances decided to migrate

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

I'm rather confused, but then again I'm a panda.

• @Jord said:

IT WAS YOU!

Thanked by 1Jord

@lowending said:

@Jord said:

IT WAS YOU!

Thanked by 2uptime dahartigan
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Chasing Pavements?

• @hawc said:
    Chasing Pavements?

Yeap, seemed appropriate as I was writing.

• Get a dedicated server for cpu intensive tasks.
    Anyhow, the provider did wrong for trying to pull a fast one on you, but i'm pretty sure he loves you none the less and soon we'll be all sitting on the table eating sausages in harmony.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • I already have dedicated servers. I use distributed computing for scaling concurrency. In any case, my usage is not the issue here- not according to the provider's response.

• I just read this whole thread, and now I too am waiting to hear the response, if there will be one. I kinds lost track of what the op was aiming for.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@cybertech said:
    Well I have automatic PayPal refunds too

Yea, works.
    If it does detect a long downtime, it creates a WHCM's ticket.
    If the issue is not resolved, it fills out a paypal dispute.

• @Jord said:

Dude, the timing is crazy.. I hope we're not looking at another example from yesterday's conversation re scams on LET :S

• Would it not be logical that if the VPS come with HA and multinode migrations in real time, this would be advertised as an amazing, huge feature all over the place?

Thanked by 3Janevski uptime MrH
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

You've certainly laid out some concrete reasons for your complaint. Good luck with the pavements.

• @raindog308 said:
    You've certainly laid out some concrete reasons for your complaint. Good luck with the pavements.

Ba dum bish!

• I am honestly surprised that @jordynegen11 hasn't yet chimed in on this.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@lowending said:
    In contrast ExtraVM, who had a 61 minute downtime in November gave everyone (affected?) the month off even without an SLA.

In my opinion, having a SLA is pointless considering many companies don't follow their own, even companies worth millions of dollars from my experience. I always give credit or billing extensions for downtime, and I'm sure it's worth much more than what a standard SLA would be worth. Only reason not to give some form of reimbursement for downtime is if you know it'll continue.

Thanked by 3seriesn K4Y5 uptime
  • MikeA said: In my opinion, having a SLA is pointless considering many companies don't follow their own, even companies worth millions of dollars from my experience. I always give credit or billing extensions for downtime, and I'm sure it's worth much more than what a standard SLA would be worth. Only reason not to give some form of reimbursement for downtime is if you know it'll continue.

This! If I can't hold up to my end of the bargain and provide you what I promised you for the month, you should not have to pay for that month!

Thanked by 2K4Y5 dahartigan
  • Refound button is easy to press

• lowendinglowending Member
    edited December 2019

His response:

My response:

Now, I know I didn't ask for a months-worth of refunds (fool! naive! beyond salvation!). But to preface this- I am asking for what I think is the minimum that is fair. Anything more is up to the goodwill of the provider, like in the case of @MikeA and @seriesn (kudos to you both!), great when you get it- but certainly not an expectation or that it should be taken for granted.

But of course, when given- graciously take. :)

Regarding the technical problems that have plagued me and the question of why, unfortunately Jordy has not adequately clued me in on this. This doesn't mean I do not have my own theories, already heavily clued in the first post.

@scooke said:
    I kinds lost track of what the op was aiming for.

It's multi-faceted, but my priorities are to be recompensed first- and then wear my tin-foil hat. If @jordynegen11 hasn't seen this thread by then I'll let him know in the ticket, but first things first.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited December 2019

Your not even entitled for months worth of refund for a 2 weeks lasting slower server configuration anyway. Nobody is calling you fool or naive cause of that. The provider can state that there was no downtime and case closed.

And I'm honestly surprised if the host actually agrees to refund 58-79€ to you, given that they are promotion/special plans which usually do not have money back guarantee. Also given the fact you took this into public.

If they refunded you, they would be the stupid party here, unless its for a reputation.

Thanked by 1lowending
  • @stefeman said:
    Your not even entitled for months worth of refund for a 2 weeks lasting slower server configuration anyway. Nobody is calling you fool or naive cause of that. The provider can state that there was no downtime and case closed.

And I'm honestly surprised if the host actually agrees to refund 58-79€ to you, given that they are promotion/special plans which usually do not have money back guarantee. Also given the fact you took this into public.

If they refunded you, they would be the stupid party here, unless its for a reputation.

It's just not worth the hassle of chargebacks and/or Paypal disputes and indeed loss of reputation so I would just refund everything and get it out of the way. If you don't it can only hurt you and future business. It's just not worth 50 or 100 bucks to leave a customer unstatisfied. I know many companies have this no-refund policy though, it's truly insane.

I mean look at this topic alone, people will think twice now before going to finalhosting. I know I would.

This entire topic could be avoided anyway if he just replied to the ticket in the first place.

@dahartigan said:

@Jord said:

Dude, the timing is crazy.. I hope we're not looking at another example from yesterday's conversation re scams on LET :S

Hmmm yes, this is crazy. Hopefully, this one isn't and can be sorted out.

• @Jord said:

@dahartigan said:

@Jord said:

Fill me in? Thanks for manually approving my account btw.

• @Jord said:

@dahartigan said:

@Jord said:

I hope so, but @jordynegen11 is not doing himself any favors by keeping quiet, in my opinion.

Maybe Jordy fucked up? Refound the whole month, privately and in this thread apologize, assure us you'll use this as an opportunity to improve and everyone can move forward,

Maybe OP made up the whole thing? Jordy could come here and kill OP with evidence.

Either way, popcorn is ready..

• @lowending said:

@Jord said:

@dahartigan said:

@Jord said:

Fill me in? Thanks for manually approving my account btw.

It was in a thread about a Chinese forum, I have a shit memory and claimed there weren't any recent scams on LET and sir Jord reminded me there was one. Not related to this provider in this thread, so don't panic, you haven't walked into a known scam.

Thanked by 3Jord lowending seriesn
  • classic switcheroo jordy or op this is some after BF showdown

• lowendinglowending Member
    edited December 2019

I'm mobile right now. Jordy decided to use policy as a wall.

Imgur

• Is anyone taking odds on this?

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited December 2019

I side he fucked up!

cue finalcountdown.wma

Thanked by 2dahartigan MrH
  • @dahartigan said:
    Is anyone taking odds on this?

What's the bet?