Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Samsung S7 edge - Recover lost audio recording
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Samsung S7 edge - Recover lost audio recording

As the title says, I need to recover my lost recording ( i accidentally discarded instead of save). What can I use? US - not rooted, unlocked phone.

Any help is appreciated. Thnx

Comments

• Sorry to inform, but if you have discarded the recording not deleted the file you may be out of luck as the recording was stored in the application's memory, thus never touched the permanent storage. Moreover as the file structure was never created, nor the information about the encoding was saved any recovery program will consider that data to be garage data.

• @MrPsycho said:
    Sorry to inform, but if you have discarded the recording not deleted the file you may be out of luck as the recording was stored in the application's memory, thus never touched the permanent storage. Moreover as the file structure was never created, nor the information about the encoding was saved any recovery program will consider that data to be garage data.

hmm, i feared that. is there anything I can try (for my solace) to run some recovery?

• @MrPsycho said:
    Sorry to inform, but if you have discarded the recording not deleted the file you may be out of luck as the recording was stored in the application's memory, thus never touched the permanent storage. Moreover as the file structure was never created, nor the information about the encoding was saved any recovery program will consider that data to be garage data.

it was a whole 2 hours of recording... so I am not sure it it would still be in app memory and discarded... so, worth a shot to try out something here to recover it..