Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Installing Windows though QEMU-KVM on servers without KVM or IPMI
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Installing Windows though QEMU-KVM on servers without KVM or IPMI

I have server Corei3/4 GB Ram/2TB hard disk from online.net (oneprovider).

Now I wish to install Windows .After searching I got this link. _https://blog.rodney.io/2016/06/installing-windows-though-qemu-kvm-on-servers-without-kvm-or-ipmi No doubt it is good guide but unfortunately I have only 4 GB RAM and single drive. I am not able to store ISO. Writer only gave information if you have more than 4GB of RAM and 2 drives for ISO storage.

Please let me know other method for store ISO

Comments

• I am not familiar with the exact steps, but you should be able to create a Linux partition, copy the Windows ISO there and install the ISO after booting into Linux, possibly using the method described above.

Someone may have more info on this method. Ask, and ye shall receive

Thanked by 1dell9020haswell
  • I also thinking about this.......but no idea about partition.Just waiting for someone who will guide i need guidance

• Its not advised but you can always do Windows 10, its under 4GB.

• When you boot into rescue mode how big of a partition do they give you?

• well above screen shot from rescue mode....I am unable to understand partition size......