Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which page are you using for buying servers( colocation)?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which page are you using for buying servers( colocation)?

From which page are you buying servers( 1st hand) for colocation? Only official pages? Or there is something like amazon of servers, which brand is the very best DELL ?

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@Chievo said:
    From which page are you buying servers( 1st hand) for colocation? Only official pages? Or there is something like amazon of servers, which brand is the very best DELL ?

It depends on what you are looking for. For second-hand servers https://www.bargainhardware.co.uk/ are great.

Thanked by 1Chievo
  • @Jord said:

@Chievo said:

It depends on what you are looking for. For second-hand servers https://www.bargainhardware.co.uk/ are great.

Thanks @Jord ! I was thinking may be To colocate my servers in the near future. I have seen 250-300 for a dell server in hetzner meanwhile the colocation costs 119 so 150-170 euros for renting the server. I have seen a beast that costs toó much on the dell oficial page but it is toó much for a personal use only. I have seen a price of 8€€€ so i would need 60 months To pay the server with the price difference. Yes may be 2nd hand is the way To go. I do.not think that hetzner is using a beast of 8000 for a 70-100 € range dedicated servers( may be i am wrong but i guess no) thanks for the recommendation once again ;)

@Chievo said:

@Jord said:

@Chievo said:

Thanks @Jord ! I was thinking may be To colocate my servers in the near future. I have seen 250-300 for a dell server in hetzner meanwhile the colocation costs 119 so 150-170 euros for renting the server. I have seen a beast that costs toó much on the dell oficial page but it is toó much for a personal use only. I have seen a price of 8€€€ so i would need 60 months To pay the server with the price difference. Yes may be 2nd hand is the way To go. I do.not think that hetzner is using a beast of 8000 for a 70-100 € range dedicated servers( may be i am wrong but i guess no) thanks for the recommendation once again ;)

I would recommend going with second-hand, to begin with, as it's always going to be the cheapest way, but still get some bang for your buck. You can get a pretty awesome second-hand server these days.

If you don't need a big beast of a server, then I would recommend to just get what you need, you can always upgrade the RAM, Storage, and CPU later on down the line.

Thanked by 1Chievo
  • ChievoChievo Member
    edited December 2019

@Jord said:

@Chievo said:

@Jord said:

@Chievo said:

I would recommend going with second-hand, to begin with, as it's always going to be the cheapest way, but still get some bang for your buck. You can get a pretty awesome second-hand server these days.

If you don't need a big beast of a server, then I would recommend to just get what you need, you can always upgrade the RAM, Storage, and CPU later on down the line.

Exactly you are right. Yes firstly i would go with 2nd hand . i have made an example configuration and the cost is 3000 fair cheaper and cost.effective. in a year or two the server is paíd by the price.difference. Hopefully i could.cover part of.the cost like a " cost" for my dental práctice. Let s say what my paperwork man would say about it and Hacienda. Thanks sir, @Jord!

@Chievo said:

@Jord said:

@Chievo said:

@Jord said:

@Chievo said:

Exactly you are right. Yes firstly i would go with 2nd hand . i have made an example configuration and the cost is 3000 fair cheaper and cost.effective. in a year or two the server is paíd by the price.difference. Hopefully i could.cover part of.the cost like a " cost" for my dental práctice. Let s say what my paperwork man would say about it and Hacienda. Thanks sir, @Jord!

No problem, you don't even need to spend £3000 you can find something for like £200-500 and that would probably do just fine :)

• @Jord said:

@Chievo said:

@Jord said:

@Chievo said:

@Jord said:

@Chievo said:

No problem, you don't even need to spend £3000 you can find something for like £200-500 and that would probably do just fine :)

For sure ! Btw are they selling ssd or nvme? I have seen only hdds or i am missing something

@Chievo said:
    For sure ! Btw are they selling ssd or nvme? I have seen only hdds or i am missing something

Who Bargain Hardware?

Thanked by 1Chievo
  • @Jord said:

@Chievo said:

Who Bargain Hardware?

Yes

@Chievo said:

@Jord said:

@Chievo said:

Who Bargain Hardware?

Yes

Always buy SSDs/NMVe new. Never buy them second hand.

Thanked by 2Chievo maverickp
  • faizan190faizan190 Member
    edited January 2020

Go get my daddy @FAT32

• king8654king8654 Member
    edited January 2020

@faizan190 said:
    you can get at go daddy

..what? Collocation with Eig?

Never even thought about go daddy and dedicated servers, just gave them a check

4 CPU Cores @ 3.1 GHz (e3-1230)
    16 GB memory ($349/m for 32gb)
    2 TB storage (RAID-1)^
    Unmetered bandwidth
    3 dedicated IPS

Only $249/month on renewal. Man, I get ppl not knowing better and using their shared hosting, but do ppl actually purchase these dedicated plans?

• What cpu buying?

• Depends on where you're from. I think Thinkmate is excellent if you're looking for new servers. I always go for Supermicro servers, never Dell/HPE.

• I have bought two brandnew Supermicro servers that I built myself:

E2136 processor, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB M.2 SSD.

I buy my processors at a Dutch store called Micromail. The RAM, chassis and motherboard come from a German store called CompuRAM/Atminga. Good experiences with them.

Never bought a second hand server. I like everything new.