Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mxroute has changed my life - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

mxroute has changed my life

2»

Comments

• Signed up for mxroute, didn't save my marriage but cured my diarrhoea a very recommended service

• thanks @jar for the valuable services

• @donli said:

@blindcipher said:
    Stupid question. Is mxroute focused on outbound only, or good for inbound too? I need a good inbound provider that isn't google for multiple domains.

What do you mean by "good for inbound"? Do you want all emails to arrive or do you need really good spam filtering?

I have multiple domains. Need to be able to receive some accounts to myself, and forward others. Currently they all forward to gmail, which is a nightmare when trying to reply, plus it's gmail. Maybe I am overthinking it and a VPS would solve it.

• @greattomeetyou said:

amsaal said: need to pay extra for per domain 4 EUR or so.

Mailcow is restricted to 1 free email domain????

yes per domain 4 eur something . you might get free if you long time customer but its per domain charges.

• Recurring Amount$30.00 USD
    Billing CycleTriennially
    100GB, Best Deal Ever :smiley:
    Lucky to get a hold of one

• I got their $10/y plan. But, not yet started using them(Not even logged in to cp). Is it any thing different from mail channels?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@niceboy said:
    I got their $10/y plan. But, not yet started using them(Not even logged in to cp). Is it any thing different from mail channels?

It’s a full end to end email service. We’ve actually built out an in-house replacement for mailchannels for outbound email that has been working even better for us as well.

Thanked by 1niceboy
  • The reviews for mxroute can compete with reviews for the Three Wolves T Shirt on amazon

Thanked by 2jar raindog308
  • @vyas11 said:
    The reviews for mxroute can compete with reviews for the Three Wolves T Shirt on amazon

"The goal of the three wolf moon shirt is to transcend the physicality of the shirt, and the money you invested in it. Let your sweat and natural musk become the conduit from the shirt to you. Once you let go of all ties to anything except the wolves and the moon, you'll see that it never really mattered to begin with."

Yes!

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • @mxroute @jar @louis_lau : best company!

Thanked by 2jar louis_lau
  • @jar, I already have 30 USD > @blindcipher said:

Stupid question. Is mxroute focused on outbound only, or good for inbound too? I need a good inbound provider that isn't google for multiple domains.

As for as I understand based on @jar comments last year, there is no redundant or no High Availability supported by MxRoute instead it goes by retry from the client side. This means, if you send email in outlook, if outlook could not deliver email, it stays in outbox, then it try to deliver later, the may be true for inbound as well, if gmail server try to deliver mail to mxroute, and it will retry if mxroute down for a while.

I am assuming the SLA may be like 9x.yyy where jar may throw some lights on what that x and yyy could be if the server is down a while.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @blindcipher said:

Just to add on to jar's response, I think mxroute's outbound is really good. As for inbound, sadly to my knowledge google is ahead of everyone else in the industry atm, but mxroute will do fine honestly... It's unlikely that you get important emails spam filtered or something.

gks said: if gmail server try to deliver mail to mxroute, and it will retry if mxroute down for a while.

If I am not wrong what happens then is the email gets undelivered and the sender gets a notification of that. Idk if there is a SLA, but mxroute's stacks work well and probably has had very insignificant downtimes. Having redundancy is probably not very cost effective just to avoid short downtimes here and there for email :/

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2019

gks said: As for as I understand based on @jar comments last year, there is no redundant or no High Availability supported by MxRoute instead it goes by retry from the client side. This means, if you send email in outlook, if outlook could not deliver email, it stays in outbox, then it try to deliver later, the may be true for inbound as well, if gmail server try to deliver mail to mxroute, and it will retry if mxroute down for a while.

Yeah I bank on retry times, as this is more appropriate with less negatives than the backup relays I've managed in the past. Eventually I'll perfect my backup relay setup and put it back in place, just my implementations have proven to be more like a pretty sticker on the box I'm trying to sell than an actual positive benefit (caused more problems than they solved).

gks said: I am assuming the SLA may be like 9x.yyy where jar may throw some lights on what that x and yyy could be if the server is down a while.

I was never really fond of SLAs, prefer to work with people directly who are impacted. No point in writing software to give a 3 cent credit to a bunch of people who don't care when I could instead talk to the people who had the worst impact and try to make it up for them in a contextually appropriate way based on their business and mine. I try to reduce the human element in repetitive contacts so that I can be available for more important ones like that.

• MXroute/Jarland is supergood!) Solved my big problem in 3 sec.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @mikei said:
    MXroute/Jarland is supergood!) Solved my big problem in 3 sec.

nice

• To summarize the words above, I'd say that @jar is so good, you can actually send him money without ordering any services.

I'm incredibly close to this since 2017 and have zero complaints so far :)

Thanked by 2amsaal jar
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

DataRecovery said: To summarize the words above, I'd say that @jar is so good, you can actually send him money without ordering any services.

FYI Hostballs accepts BAT donations.

If you use Brave you likely have a stash of BAT available.

Give it to a good cause.

Francisco

Thanked by 2jar Foul