Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the best digital products (except hosting) on sale for BlackFriday/CyberMonday 2019? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What are the best digital products (except hosting) on sale for BlackFriday/CyberMonday 2019?

2»

Comments

• @Ympker said:

• Koofr 1TB Cloud Storage with lots of cool features (connect your Dropbox, GDrive..) for 78$ lifetime (stacksocial with BFSAVE40). @vyas11 @Sova and me are extremly happy with it so far :)

Names like this just sound to me like it will be around for a little while, you'll get all you stuff backed up and stored on it... and then it will disappear. I'd be careful about what you put on it.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2019

@scooke said:

@Ympker said:

• Koofr 1TB Cloud Storage with lots of cool features (connect your Dropbox, GDrive..) for 78$ lifetime (stacksocial with BFSAVE40). @vyas11 @Sova and me are extremly happy with it so far :)

Names like this just sound to me like it will be around for a little while, you'll get all you stuff backed up and stored on it... and then it will disappear. I'd be careful about what you put on it.

I put large, not so important files on it. Everything important stays on GDrive 15GB free version for now. They seem to have been around for a while and their privacy policy/ToS is also a good read compared to Google's. They are also active on Twitter.

Thanked by 2vyas11 scooke
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited December 2019

@scooke said:

@Ympker said:

True that, as attested by this (short) list
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_hosting_services#Former_services

To be fair, even google is known to shut down services that are not commercially viable- Google + was a recent example. May not happen for GDrive - atleast not in the near future though. Or other providers change their services. e.g. koofr had amazon drive two way integration till recently, not anymore because amazon changed their TOS. That is the nature of the beast business.
    The real Q is: Is it worth taking a $ 78 risk for one year? Two? Three? That is a question best answered by you for yourself.

Thanked by 2Ympker scooke