Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Buy Nothing Day" Offer: SMARTHOST - 8GB RAM, 40GB NVME SSD, 4 vCPU, 2TB BW - KVM VPS - Only $6.95 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

"Buy Nothing Day" Offer: SMARTHOST - 8GB RAM, 40GB NVME SSD, 4 vCPU, 2TB BW - KVM VPS - Only $6.95

2»

Comments

• Looks really comprehensive in terms of testing..those cores are showing their power in Geekbench

• One thing I didn't mention is I ran that on my Plex server while it was working. It couldn't get any more real-world tested than that imo :-)

Quite a beast indeed. The extra $5 for the upgrade to 8 cores is totthe worth it.

@Gravely introduced me to that script over on another provider's thread, it's quite comprehensive and shows some neat details I wouldn't normally catch at a glance like ASN etc.

• @dahartigan said:
    Quite a beast indeed. The extra $5 for the upgrade to 8 cores is totthe worth it.

Damn you @dahartigan , all this talk of you running your Plex install on this service is making me want to buy it :lol:, but I should really be waiting for my FlowVPS BF special to be provisioned :lol:

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @bdl said:

@dahartigan said:

Damn you @dahartigan , all this talk of you running your Plex install on this service is making me want to buy it :lol:, but I should really be waiting for my FlowVPS BF special to be provisioned :lol:

You could always run 2 plex servers.. load balancing is something I plan to look into next myself..

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @smarthost - boring :-P
    how about you at least try to make it look like a special something and not the same regular offer you're running and promoting for weeks now? I have no need so why should I buy it. it'll be available at every time later anyway and you're gonna keep on posting it desperatly - at least that's the impression your prospects get out of it ;-)

how about at least double the disk or something. or even better come up with something new for e.g. herndon or jacksonville...

4c, 16G, 150G SSD, 4x IPs, 5TB, $15 p.m - along that line...

• @Falzo said:
    @smarthost - boring :-P
    how about you at least try to make it look like a special something and not the same regular offer you're running and promoting for weeks now? I have no need so why should I buy it. it'll be available at every time later anyway and you're gonna keep on posting it desperatly - at least that's the impression your prospects get out of it ;-)

how about at least double the disk or something. or even better come up with something new for e.g. herndon or jacksonville...

4c, 16G, 150G SSD, 4x IPs, 5TB, $15 p.m - along that line...

Shots fired! :-)

Thanked by 3Falzo pullangcubo Ouji
  • @Falzo & @dahartigan
    All I was hoping is double (or triple!) the bandwidth special for BF/CM, but I like where your going.

Indeed, shots fired! C'mon @SmartHost, give us something for Cyber Monday!

• I was also hoping for higher bandwidth deal, even without the cpu/ram upgrades, but doesn't seem like we are getting that :-(

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • Come on you guys. He is a SMART Host and won't be falling for your little tricks to squeeze more juice from him. :)

Thanked by 2bdl dahartigan
  • datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited December 2019

And that might be a good thing for the ones already using their services as that's what allows the nodes to perform as well as they do :wink:

Thanked by 2Ouji dahartigan
  • @datanoise said:
    And that might be a good thing for the ones already using their services as that's what allows the nodes to perform as well as they do :wink:

I am not a noisy neighbour, you won't even notice I am there.

Thanked by 2datanoise vyas11
  • can you link "KVM NVME SSD Budget VPS" and "KVM LINUX STORAGE VPS"
    for a plex server?

• Just as the title says I BOUGHT NOTHING during this BF indeed.I think I'm able to get through the Cyber Monday too unless you ....

• @painfreepc said:
    can you link "KVM NVME SSD Budget VPS" and "KVM LINUX STORAGE VPS"
    for a plex server?

Using rclone to mount your storage VPS, absolutely.

• 1- Does it includes Windows license or need to be paid extra ?

2- can we add more cpu core of required later ?

3- Test IP for NL, location ?

• Since it is impossible to merge two VPS packages into one, it would be nice if you can offer new vps package limited only for Cyber Monday, double all the resources for the double price. I would totally buy that :D