Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVZ 6 EOL soon. Is everyone prepared? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVZ 6 EOL soon. Is everyone prepared?

2»

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

December has arrived. OpenVZ 6 is officially dead.

VirMach moved me to KVM. 384MB, $4 per year.
    Control panel has ISO install, but only Debian works with “low memory” mode. Ubuntu won’t work from ISO because of insufficient memory.

SecureDragon is stuck at OpenVZ 6.
    They want to borrow hardware from data center to avoid shipping new machines. Not wanting to ship new machines implies the growth is slow.
    My plan is 64MB, $4.99 per year. It’s been idling for many months. I’m thinking about canceling.

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • @yoursunny said: SecureDragon is stuck at OpenVZ 6.

Yeah, not so good for a respected provider

But they're not the only provider still running OVZ6

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • Does OpenVZ 7 have all vz6 commands? like vzlist? or do you guys depend on solusvm or virtuozzo?

• AlyssaDAlyssaD Member
    edited April 2020

@sangdogg said:
    Does OpenVZ 7 have all vz6 commands? like vzlist? or do you guys depend on solusvm or virtuozzo?

Yes it does have vzlist and others.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

afaik the only missing utility from OpenVZ 7 is vzdump, but then again vzdump wasn't 100% from OpenVZ, iirc it was from the Proxmox team way back (seems to still be present in Proxmox today)

• @AlyssaD said:

@sangdogg said:
    Does OpenVZ 7 have all vz6 commands? like vzlist? or do you guys depend on solusvm or virtuozzo?

Yes it does have vzlist and others.

Great, last time I tried it was missing, now it's time to upgrade.

@SpeedBus said:
    afaik the only missing utility from OpenVZ 7 is vzdump, but then again vzdump wasn't 100% from OpenVZ, iirc it was from the Proxmox team way back (seems to still be present in Proxmox today)

Nice to see the 7 has all commands now, I think vzdump is a waste of time for me at least.